Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 12-22-2017, 12:00 PM
Registered Member

Re: Trump's first year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
Oh, I told her about the scandals and how nobody ever could prove criminal wrong doing. Like it or not, agree or not, that's the truth. Yes, I believe the scandals hurt her. But, I also don't think American public is entirely ready to elect a female President.
It's apparent, from recent revelations, Hillary was being protected by supporters in the FBI and DOJ.

To claim that Hillary wasn't elected because she's a woman is simply untrue. And the claim that America isn't ready to elect a female President isn't true either.

What you should have told your daughter was that Hillary did not lose because she was a woman. Hillary lost the election because she was a terrible candidate. Hillary treated the campaign as a coronation. She thought she just needed to be alive on November 8th to be voted the next POTUS. She didn't even campaign in Wisconsin. There were other states in which she didn't do much campaigning in because she thought she won the election the day she announced she was running for POTUS.
Old 12-22-2017, 12:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
It's apparent, from recent revelations, Hillary was being protected by supporters in the FBI and DOJ.
I've heard rumors and accusations about it. But nothing has been PROVEN.

Quote:
To claim that Hillary wasn't elected because she's a woman is simply untrue. And the claim that America isn't ready to elect a female President isn't true either.
Oh, I forgot, you speak for everyone. My bad. Look, I only shared an opinion. In fact, I hope you're right. I just don't see it.

Quote:
What you should have told your daughter was that Hillary did not lose because she was a woman. Hillary lost the election because she was a terrible candidate. Hillary treated the campaign as a coronation. She thought she just needed to be alive on November 8th to be voted the next POTUS. She didn't even campaign in Wisconsin. There were other states in which she didn't do much campaigning in because she thought she won the election the day she announced she was running for POTUS.
Hey, Mr. Thought Police. What I chose to tell my daughter is what I think. And I firmly believe that Hillary's being a woman contributed to her losing. Now, was it the only reason why she lost? Nope. But sadly, I think it was a factor. Too many good ol' boys out there were terrified that a woman, and a mother at that, might have so much power. Like I said, from what I've heard people say, her being a woman was always in the background. She lost by such a narrow margin, I'm convinced that if she were a dude... she would have won.
Old 12-22-2017, 12:45 PM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Quote:

You're just wasting your time. He's convinced in his own mind, and you'll never get him to admit he's wrong.
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 12-22-2017, 12:48 PM
Banned

I think that the real sleeper in the next election with be Net Neutrality. Over 200 million households in the United States have access to the internet. And right now, most are enjoying whatever news, music, movies, social media, and entertainment they like for free. Americans are a weird people. Americans often yawn at tax code, balk and close their eyes to things about insurance, gag when pundits talk about corporate law, and virtually go to sleep when listening to the all the legalese of legislation being rammed through Congress. But... if you suddenly touch their free access to TMZ.com and their ability to freely stream videos of dancing hamsters... I think they'll flip out. LOL Get the kids whining over not being able to freely play "Roblox" or not being able to freely access YouTube, and mom and dad will pull their hair out. Take away free access to Facebook. Take away the free and open access to stream movies, television shows, and music over Amazon FireStick. Take away the free and anonymous access to all the naughty little jokes, images, and videos that get billions of hits every year... and people will feel controlled, insulted, invaded, angry, and frustrated. And then allow the telecom companies to turn around and offer them more expensive packages that include what they currently enjoy for free... and they will go nuts. LOL!

Look at us. We're on an internet forum right now. We have fun. We love it. We enjoy the discussion, the debate, the encouragement, the fellowship and the silliness. And everyone here knows that we can spend hours on here just enjoying ourselves, "clickity-clackty" away on our keyboards and mobile devices to the glory of God. We're Christians and we enjoy this place (AF) because it's clean. And regardless of opinions expressed, everyone here are some of the coolest and most wonderful people we'll ever meet. Other Americans have their forums, Facebook, chatrooms, etc. that they equally love. If a telecom company slows it all down or slaps a charge on it... do you think the average American is just going to say, "Oh well. Charge me more." Or, do you think they'll say, "Oh well, I guess I'll stop enjoying anyforum.com and dedicate more time to prayer and fasting." No. They are going to get real frustrated. Americans love free access to anything and everything over the internet. Americans are addicted to it. It has become so pervasive, just look around any place you go... someone is plugged in if not more. Take that way, slow it down, bury their search interests in search engines, and then demand that they PAY MORE.... I think you'll see outrage. Just look at the insanity that Comcast's shenanigans unleashed when they began their games with Netflix. Netflix users went crazy! LOL

Right now, most Americans don't even know or really care about what "Net Neutrality" means. Most don't know about it. In fact, most assume that the internet will always be the free and open resource it is today. Americans are only now just starting to yawn and rub their eyes and say, "What is that Net Neutrality thing I keep hearing about?" Wait until they wake up to the charges for things they have always expected would be free. And wait until they realize that it isn't Facebook, YouTube, Forum Central, StreamThis, or whatever that is charging them... it's the telecom companies just charging more for access that was once free, and essentially still can be. Dude... I think this seemingly little issue will color the waters of the election like a single drop of food coloring can color the waters of an entire fish bowl.

I know it sounds stupid right now. I'm even laughing at the idea. However, I sincerely think that this single issue might be the one thing that causes over 200 million households to feel gouged and exploited. I know, I know. But stupid little things like this matter to Americans. And when they are feeling exploited over this... that frustration and anxiety will spill over against everyone in power that just let it happen. And that means the pro Net Neutrality Democrats will come to the rescue. Sure, the Democrats might not be able to promise universal healthcare, but... they can promise to save the internet. And I think that one single promise that is completely doable will trump all the corporate jargon, politi-talk, and legalese of the Republican agenda.

Seriously, if I were a Republican political strategist... I'd strongly advise that the GOP cut the telecom companies loose. It isn't worth ticking off over 200 million households. I'd advise that the GOP paint itself as the would be saviors of the internet. The guardians of internet liberty. And I'd strongly suggest that they deliver before the next election. The euphoria of all these voters after being slapped with increased fees for the internet access they enjoy just might be enough to make the American people feel positive about any agenda laid before them.

I know it's strange. But, like I said, Americans are weird. I think this will be a bigger issue than most realize right now. And... it is just the kind of stupid thing that dumbfounded post election reporters will talking about for weeks after the election. And the entire world will once more be thinking, "Huh? Net Neutrality is what determined the election? Those crazy Americans, what's wrong with them!!!" lol

I know this is sad, but I think it will prove to be true.

Last edited by Aquila; 12-22-2017 at 01:23 PM.
Old 12-22-2017, 12:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
You're just wasting your time. He's convinced in his own mind, and you'll never get him to admit he's wrong.
Um... everyone is convinced in their own mind.
Old 12-22-2017, 03:43 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I've heard rumors and accusations about it. But nothing has been PROVEN.
Texts and emails from people outright stating their support and paperwork showing someone in the FBI changed wording to exonerate her are more than rumors and accusations. Those are things which would stand up in a court of law.

Quote:
Oh, I forgot, you speak for everyone. My bad. Look, I only shared an opinion. In fact, I hope you're right. I just don't see it.
I don't speak for everyone, I just pay attention. Today's political/social climate definitely shows the majority would be fine with a female as POTUS.

Quote:
Hey, Mr. Thought Police. What I chose to tell my daughter is what I think.
Never said it wasn't.

Quote:
And I firmly believe that Hillary's being a woman contributed to her losing. Now, was it the only reason why she lost? Nope. But sadly, I think it was a factor. Too many good ol' boys out there were terrified that a woman, and a mother at that, might have so much power. Like I said, from what I've heard people say, her being a woman was always in the background. She lost by such a narrow margin, I'm convinced that if she were a dude... she would have won.
Trump beat a field of 16 seasoned politicians. No one was going to beat Trump. You wanted Bernie, but I'd argue that Trump would have beat Bernie by an even bigger margin and would have won the popular vote.
Old 12-22-2017, 03:44 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
Dude voted for a rapist enabler and he's whining about an obscene term Trump used.
Old 12-22-2017, 04:20 PM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Quote:
Dude voted for a rapist enabler and he's whining about an obscene term Trump used.
Frankly, I find that kind of talk disgusting, but there's huge (yuge?) difference between words and actions. BJ Clinton actually raped women as well as having had sex with a subordinate in the Oval Office (then proceeded to lie about it under oath). He's also friends with Jeffrey Epstein - a known pedophile - and has flown on his "lolita express" airplane several times and traveled to his private island. Then again, Trump has too, so take that for what it's worth.
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 12-23-2017, 06:59 PM
Yeshua is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Where's the wall? The prototypes are being built

When do the mass deportations start? They have already begun

When does Hillary get indicted? The process has begun with an investigation into the Uranium deal

When does NAFTA get repealed?

Instead, we get tax cuts for big business (tax cuts are always good, of course), DACA will get transformed into amnesty for millions, Obamacare stays (just tweaked a bit) ...

There is no DACA anymore

Obamacare has been gutted, it is now an empty shell

In other words, business as usual. Trump didn't generate the support he got because he promised Wells Fargo and company a tax cut, or because he promised to move the embassy to Jerusalem, or because he promised to keep the Swamp™ right where it is.
Trump is winning. Yeah
Trump as emperor for life, Viva el gran Hombre.
Old 12-23-2017, 07:05 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingZword View Post
Trump is winning. Yeah
Trump as emperor for life, Viva el gran Hombre.
Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf