Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Islamic Issues and News
Facebook

Notices

Islamic Issues and News Discuss Islam and report on current issues regarding Islam

Old 07-08-2012, 10:18 AM
Banned

Re: Truth Obscured

I dont think he's gonna come back until he studies harder though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walks_in_islam View Post
Very eloquently as it turns out. Earns serious discussion and respectful nod.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:50 AM
Banned

I'm convinced that we have elevated knowledge at the cost of wisdom in this country.
I know illiterate Egyptians with much more sense, and would prolly hire one over a Dr. in most fields.
Particularly spirituality.
Old 07-08-2012, 01:03 PM
Banned

Who knows he will come out of the discussion with at least a thought to search the book carefully before speaking. It will do him good to read and puzzle over every single word that Jesus spoke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
I'm convinced that we have elevated knowledge at the cost of wisdom in this country.
I know illiterate Egyptians with much more sense, and would prolly hire one over a Dr. in most fields.
Particularly spirituality.
Old 07-08-2012, 04:25 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walks_in_islam View Post
islam's teaching about Jesus are too incompatible to be in any way reconcilable with Christianity.

Was it I who declared irreconcilable differences in the middle of a discussion about similarities? I have said nothing of wickedness either, imagined or real.

The quoted verses are what they are and if they are incorrect then I am innocently wondering if they should be removed? From where were these incorrect statements added?

There is teaching by Jesus as to what constitutes salvation (also a nod to God/Eli by Jesus):

Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life? And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God. Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother."

"And he answered and said unto him, Master, all these have I observed from my youth. Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor"

Your take on the judgement is similar to your other explanations in that your explanation is not what the story says. The story later finishes with what is also in the Quran:

My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done

I will leave you to puzzle the purpose of the referenced book of life into which names were recorded at judgement.

Jesus stated that it is sin to boast of one's good deeds and that they were to be done in secret. Islam also teaches this thing.

Saul/Paul never met Jesus although there are (3) conflicting stories that he had. I otherwise have no interest in his teaching when his teaching contradicts Jesus and those who were with him (It is believed that James, who contradicts this faith thing, was one of 3 named James who DID know and walk with Jesus) Innocently wondering if you have read the book of James and the many references on faith vs works?
A good balance is saved by faith, faith shown by works and in the end we are judged by works.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:23 PM
Banned

Amen; unbeatable.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:28 PM
Banned

That seems to be a common thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyFire View Post
A good balance is saved by faith, faith shown by works and in the end we are judged by works.