Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 03-13-2007, 09:02 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbpew View Post
thank you Daniel for stating what Steve Epley teaches and understands.

So could you [Dan] also share for me how he [Steve] teaches that two simultaneously occurring (concurrent) manifestations satisfied the law concering the testimony of two being needed to establish a true witness?
This is interesting if you use this verse to establish TWO persons are BOTH men?????????????

Then Paul uses this 2Cor.13:2 and he ALONE is the three witnesses!!!!!

God bore witness of who he was through the witness of the prophets the works also bore witness of who he was.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:02 AM
I need a Triple Espresso, NOW!

Quote:
man-o-man...
I knew I shouldn't have left my philosopher's glasses at home
Mystery of mysteries,
A lady is her own Grandpa.
I bet even Bible college graduates can't 'splain dat!

RAY STEVENS CAN...... at least i think he is the one who sang it!
me was referring to the song, silly, and not meself!!!

I never met a chocolate I didn't like!

*sigh* I did nothing yesterday.... I wasn't finished so I did nothing again today!
Old 03-13-2007, 09:07 AM
but made himself of no reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
This is interesting if you use this verse to establish TWO persons are BOTH men?????????????

God bore witness of who he was through the witness of the prophets the works also bore witness of who he was.
Steve,
I was just quoting what the only begotten Son of God said about the two witnesses that were in operation.

You teach (according to Daniel) that the God is concurrently manifesting himself as the Son and as the Father. Since you teach that (according to the word of Daniel), do you also teach that two simultaneous manifestations of the same person can satisfy the law concerning two witnesses?
Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath [James 1:19]
Old 03-13-2007, 09:11 AM
Still Figuring It Out.

Quote:
I am glad I could help now splain away.
In your rush to shoot off a one-liner and demonstrate how stupid I was to make my statement you failed to read my post sir.

You have stated "Wise one have at it splain away no one is stopping you."

I never said anything about anyone being wise or not being wise. What I spoke on was a willingness to hear a question and then answer with an open and non-sarcastic response.

My post was about having a willingness to be open & honest and receive the questioner with an equal respect.

Never in my post did I assert the today's OP leaders are stupid. I only asserted that they treat those who would dare have a question as if they are stupid.

Your reponses & demands for me to "splain" something demonstrate that you have not even read my post for what it is but have hauled off flinging sideways insults & one liners to further demonstrate the stupidity of those who would dare question.

You are providing the quintessential demonstration of the mindset I was speaking of and doing a better job with each post you make.

Quote:

2 Cor 13:2 ?????

1.I warned those who sinned earlier 2 and all the others, and I warn them now while absent, as I did when present on my second visit, that if I come again I will not be lenient,
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sola gratia View Post
What I have found about most of us OP’s is we know very little about our own doctrine and a whole lot less about the Trinitarian doctrine – This ignorance leads to such statements like 'three-God paptists' and “their mother the Roman Catholic Church” These statements are what make the Trinitarians look at OP’s and think they are a joke, and dismiss them as “heretics” and “cults” and “crazy people” and well who can blame them.

Just a note – here are a couple of creeds, and a doctrinal statement from the AOG’s someone mentioned – I see a vehement theme of “One GOD” – In this manner your assessment is seriously flawed, and without merit

- We believe in one God – Nicene Creed
- There are not three Gods, but one God. – Anthanasian Creed
- The one true God has revealed Himself as the eternally self-existent "I AM," the Creator of heaven and earth and the Redeemer of mankind. AG Fundamentals of Truth

As is your understanding of words like:
Manifestations
Aspects
Persons

What is this hatred you guys have for the trinitarians? Did they enslave your parents or run over your dog or something? I think if your are going to make such claims of atrocities you should learn more about them – if not I’d shut that spicket off for awhile
I'd also like to add while you are ranting on OP's knowledge or lack of knowledge of the doctrine of the Trinity and the theological meaning of the word "person" that many Trinitarians are ignorant on the doctrine of Oneness and all its variations. As you know there is orthodoxy on who and what God is in the Oneness ranks but not on the mystery of God manifest in flesh. So it would be nice if you would be more balanced in your accusations.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:12 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
I can certainly comprehend your words pertaining to you. But if you extend YOUR words into a discussion pertaining to manifestations of God, you would have to say that God is BOTH the Father and God is also the Son.

Steve, are you a Father and are you also your own Son.

Can you comprehend this?
Sir this shows how ignorant you are concerning what Oneness folks believe you are snared by the words of your own mouth. I will explain:
The Eternal God who the omnipresent-omniscience-omnipotent-invisible overshadowed Mary and concieved the body which fulfilled the role of the Son of God. The Son was MADE of a woman Gal. 4:4! THAT which was conceived in Mary is called the Son of God. My Father does NOT dwell in me and when you see me you do not see my father. God the Father was incarnate in the Son NOT God the Son(there is no such being.).

Yes he is BOTH Father and Son.!
He is BOTH Lord & Christ!
He is BOTH God & Man!
He is BOTH Eternal & Temporal!
He is BOTH Invisible & Visible.
He is BOTH JUdge & Advocate!
He is BOTH the Lion & the Lamb.
He is Both the Root & the Offspring!
He is BOTH Immortal and mortal!
He is BOTH Father & Son!
He is BOTH Spirit & Flesh!

He is NOT two or more PERSONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-13-2007, 09:14 AM

Son was made of a woman???? So the Son is not God but a man???
Old 03-13-2007, 09:14 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digging4Truth View Post
In your rush to shoot off a one-liner and demonstrate how stupid I was to make my statement you failed to read my post sir.

You have stated "Wise one have at it splain away no one is stopping you."

I never said anything about anyone being wise or not being wise. What I spoke on was a willingness to hear a question and then answer with an open and non-sarcastic response.

My post was about having a willingness to be open & honest and receive the questioner with an equal respect.

Never in my post did I assert the today's OP leaders are stupid. I only asserted that they treat those who would dare have a question as if they are stupid.

Your reponses & demands for me to "splain" something demonstrate that you have not even read my post for what it is but have hauled off flinging sideways insults & one liners to further demonstrate the stupidity of those who would dare question.

You are providing the quintessential demonstration of the mindset I was speaking of and doing a better job with each post you make.

Digging the YOU scholarly answer them! Take your time. Show them how wise we are instead of complaining about my explanations!!!
Old 03-13-2007, 09:18 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post
2 Cor 13:2 ?????

1.I warned those who sinned earlier 2 and all the others, and I warn them now while absent, as I did when present on my second visit, that if I come again I will not be lenient,
Paul used the principle he is referring to about 2 or 3 witnesess applying it to himself alone. One was in person the other by letter yet two wintessess by the SAME person.

Jesus used this the same way one witness through the prophets the other by his own works. Two witnessess that he fulfilled. Fulfilling the prophecies and doing the works.