Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Islamic Issues and News
Facebook

Notices

Islamic Issues and News Discuss Islam and report on current issues regarding Islam

Old 04-11-2015, 07:58 AM
On the road less traveled

Painful Truth about Palestinian Refugees

Read this article today and found it very interesting. Perhaps WII and Shazeep could comment as to why the Palestianians that are in Israel appear to have a better life, but the Palestinian refugees in the rest of the Arab world still live in camps, and in miserable living conditions.

http://www.wnd.com/2015/04/the-painf...nian-refugees/
Old 04-11-2015, 08:47 AM
Banned

Re: Painful Truth about Palestinian Refugees

hmm, my knee-jerk reaction is that neither side acts very honorably, at the government level. There are strong indications, if not outright proof, (IS attacking Palestinians?) that IS is just an Israeli tool. I can say that even landed Palestinians in Israel live in fear that their house will be next. As to this (pretty heinous) "resolution," i am not really qualified to speak, except to say that we often consider Arabs--or Muslims--one big happy united family, perhaps, when this is obviously not the case.

This conflict was foremost in my mind for years; i was going to write a book about it at one point; something from a "neutral" pov, perhaps...but the ending i would have had to write, after much reflection in Scripture, is that
1) it seems God has deemed Israel, and more specifically Jerusalem, the center of the spiritual world, on the physical plane.
2) Ishmael was blessed of God, and raised as a thorn, to contend with Isaac. Many, or some, might argue this irrelevant; yet i was led to it for an answer.
3) Things are not as we see them with our eyes. God's ways are not ours. I suspect, strongly, that this wound that will not heal is for a snare for men--to mutually deem the other side as evil, and fall into other traps, as men will. It also affords chances for believers to do the right things; bind up wounds, heal the sick, etc.

not much of an answer, i guess. i see that there may have been huge machinations, pre-wwii even, to bring about a Jewish state of Israel; yet they were tested by invasion early on, and God seems to have carried the day for them. While i can't help but see these crises as man-made, governmental--and thus satanic--machinations, designed to keep man enslaved, it is hard to not also see God's hand involved.

So at the end of the day, is it something that i can have an effect in? Or a snare that will pull me from the path? Again i will say that the only blameless ones seem to be the oppressed; and i would guess they are oppressed because at one time they were the merciless oppressors, possibly, though life pre-1948 in Israel does not seem to bear this out.
Old 04-12-2015, 01:29 PM

I think the point needs to be discussed that the Palestinians living in Israel appear to have a much better standard of life than other displaced Palestinians throughout the Arab world. Yet, Israel is always getting blamed for the pitiful state they are in, but what about the rest of the countries who house Palestinians? Where is the outcry about the abuse/poverty conditions that Palestianians are living in the other Arab countries?
Old 04-21-2015, 02:41 PM
Banned

Based on your article they should exercise their "right of return", pack up, and go back home huh.

Where they will be welcomed and well treated by their kind neighbors in Israel.

Last edited by Walks_in_islam; 04-21-2015 at 02:46 PM.
Old 04-21-2015, 06:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post
I think the point needs to be discussed that the Palestinians living in Israel appear to have a much better standard of life than other displaced Palestinians throughout the Arab world. Yet, Israel is always getting blamed for the pitiful state they are in, but what about the rest of the countries who house Palestinians? Where is the outcry about the abuse/poverty conditions that Palestianians are living in the other Arab countries?
it should be seen that there are local movements, demonstrations, etc., but these are mostly voiceless people, and any of this news surely would not make it to the mainstream media. There are relief organizations to donate to, etc.
Old 04-22-2015, 12:29 PM

My point is, why are the other Arab countries not helping to integrate the Palestinians into their communities where they have immigrated, or at least doing more to help them?
Old 04-22-2015, 12:36 PM
Banned

well, why aren't we doing more to integrate the blacks in Watts, or Haitians, or whatever, would surely be the reply. My answer to you would be that satan runs their governments, too; and displacement IS the program. And again, there are aid funds, benefit societies, etc, pages of them...plus, a couple unsuccessful wars to restore Palestine. So, it's more a problem of perception, perhaps. We are talking about very oppressed people here, also; their governments are heinous. Still better than living in an Israeli apartheid, surely--but not by much. I mean, the Christians in Israhell are also being pretty much murdered; why aren't we doing anything about that? I posted a thread on it, and got universal yawns; or rather, not a single comment. So, there you go.

Last edited by shazeep; 04-22-2015 at 12:39 PM.
Old 04-22-2015, 12:42 PM

Blacks in Watts? Where is that? Anyway... the US accepts more immigrants than any other country in the world. Why can't Arab countries accept the displaced Palestinians into their countries, instead of leaving them in camps?

Ah well, I don't really want to get too involved in such discussions. The Lord showed me this morning that it is all in vain, really. John 6:15 just really answers and completes this discussion for me.
Old 04-22-2015, 01:15 PM
Banned

there ya go!
Old 04-22-2015, 08:32 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post
My point is, why are the other Arab countries not helping to integrate the Palestinians into their communities where they have immigrated, or at least doing more to help them?
That's a good question. There was no Palestine beforehand. They were part of Jordan or Egypt. Why not invest less in Rockets and guns and more in infrastructure?

No rockets, no terrorists...no more Israeli excuses. Remove their reason for a buffer zone then press them at the UN

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.