Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

View Poll Results: Do you believe in sinless perfection?
Yes we can cease from sin. 9 90.00%
No one will always be prone to sin. 1 10.00%
We all sin everyday. 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-17-2018, 08:14 AM
Banned

Re: Sinless Perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
You obviously DON'T!

Chris, that is works, we are saved through grace, and therefore through Jesus Christ we produce fruit. Jesus is the Muscle, and the only muscle. Walk in the light as He is in the light. Or deadlift in the light as He deadlifts in the light. He does all the lifting, you just need to let go, and lift without straps.

So, you struggle with viewing other women, men?

Do you want to curse people out? Do you occasionally lie, or lie and decieve to get what you need?

Bro, you don't even get the bar off the rack. Even if you had a spotter, you would drop the bar across the back of your head, or on your chest.

Chris, you need an Apostolic church worse than the breath of life.

Louie Simmons cries for you.
Elder, go check your flesh. We were having an enjoyable conversation. I don't believe anyone here desires, or deserves, to receive personal attacks like these. Go pray, repent of your railing, and come back secure enough to share your thoughts peacefully and without such personal venom.
Old 05-17-2018, 08:25 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
Elder, go check your flesh. We were having an enjoyable conversation. I don't believe anyone here desires, or deserves, to receive personal attacks like these. Go pray, repent of your railing, and come back secure enough to share your thoughts peacefully and without such personal venom.
Chris, stop, answer my question.
Old 05-17-2018, 08:48 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

The whole struggling with the flesh thing is overrated and overused. The whole thing about I do such and such because of sinful flesh doesn't get a pass when you're in the secular world. Therefore it falls flat on its face in religion.
Guy gets drunk, tells wife that he made a mistake while drunk, friends don't believe him, and certainly not his wife. That's all under the influence of alcohol.
Same goes for breaking laws in your own society. There are offenders, and habitual offenders. On, the job, if you aren't allowed to be on the internet you have rules that say don't log on while working. If you log on it was of your own choice. No temptation overtook you, you are able in your own human discipline to do the right thing. Jesus gives you the ability to do even better than that. If you can do things towards right and wrong through your own human discipline. Then imagine how much you can do in His will instead of your will.
Old 05-17-2018, 08:51 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me?

Philippians 4:13, is it true or is it not?
Old 05-17-2018, 08:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Chris, stop, answer my question.
I'm hesitant to answer your question. Because it's inappropriate for a forum of mixed company and young people. And, it will only turn yet another thread into a topic about me.

I confess that I've had my share of many different sins in my life. Not proud of it. But God never abandoned me. So, I seek to avoid sin. Because He loved me undeservingly.

If you want to know details, PM me. Beyond this, your question is inappropriate for open conversation.
Old 05-17-2018, 09:08 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
I'm hesitant to answer your question. Because it's inappropriate for a forum of mixed company and young people. And, it will only turn yet another thread into a topic about me.

I confess that I've had my share of many different sins in my life. Not proud of it. But God never abandoned me. So, I seek to avoid sin. Because He loved me undeservingly.

If you want to know details, PM me. Beyond this, your question is inappropriate for open conversation.
You already seemed to answer my question. No one needed any details.

Let me ask you this, do you personally know anyone (long period of time) who wasn't a Christian. Yet, would exhibit what you deem as a "Christ like" behavior and attitude? Listen, we live in a world of rules, and sometimes unforgiving rules. Rules you break and someone dies, and can be injured so badly that it is a life changing injury. We have a Makita 71/4 circular saw, with a broken return spring on the guard. It is a dangerous tool, if handled incorrectly it will change your life forever. Now, there are precautions one must keep in mind when using that broken tool. You must not forget it, if forgotten it will be a life changing injury. That is through human discipline, a human discipline which can do amazing things in our own human will. Yet, the Spirit of Christ is able to do far more exceeding than any human discipline. The Rabbis during the first century were able to be pious, keep the ten commandments from their youth up. If not, there were penalties. Yet, what was it they lacked? it was Christ, it was the light they needed through the breath of Christ giving them the resurrection to walk in newness of life and not human discipline of the law.
Old 05-17-2018, 09:59 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
So is this what your Pastor teaches? That sin is greater than the Holy Ghost power? That one cannot cease from sin?
I'm not talking about what my Pastor teaches. Speaking of, do you even have a Pastor, Mike? What's God's standard for assembling with other believers?

When's the last time you sinned, Mike? Do you believe you're perfect and never sin?

You spiritual keyboard warriors are amazing. You never have a bad day. You never slip, never fail. I'm not talking about a daily occurrence. If someone sins daily, that's another issue. From the moment you were saved, you've never committed another sin? That's incredible.

You guys remind me of the Pharisee, beating your chests. "We're not like you publicans. We're perfect and never sin. Never backbite, never quarrel, never cause division or become angry. We never boast. We're proud to say we're not prideful or vain, highminded or puffed up. We've never had a moment of the slightest unbelief. We've never murmured or railed against anyone; never caused strife or been a striker. Never deceived, slandered, or spoke falsely of anyone. We can't believe you publicans are so weak and not really saved."

Last edited by n david; 05-17-2018 at 10:16 AM.
Old 05-17-2018, 10:58 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
I'm not talking about what my Pastor teaches. Speaking of, do you even have a Pastor, Mike? What's God's standard for assembling with other believers?

When's the last time you sinned, Mike? Do you believe you're perfect and never sin?

You spiritual keyboard warriors are amazing. You never have a bad day. You never slip, never fail. I'm not talking about a daily occurrence. If someone sins daily, that's another issue. From the moment you were saved, you've never committed another sin? That's incredible.

You guys remind me of the Pharisee, beating your chests. "We're not like you publicans. We're perfect and never sin. Never backbite, never quarrel, never cause division or become angry. We never boast. We're proud to say we're not prideful or vain, highminded or puffed up. We've never had a moment of the slightest unbelief. We've never murmured or railed against anyone; never caused strife or been a striker. Never deceived, slandered, or spoke falsely of anyone. We can't believe you publicans are so weak and not really saved."
Notice, the opponents of doctrine always want to make it personal. Thus, intelligent and reasonable discussion is impossible. Well, it was interesting, for awhile.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 05-17-2018, 11:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
You already seemed to answer my question. No one needed any details.

Let me ask you this, do you personally know anyone (long period of time) who wasn't a Christian. Yet, would exhibit what you deem as a "Christ like" behavior and attitude? Listen, we live in a world of rules, and sometimes unforgiving rules. Rules you break and someone dies, and can be injured so badly that it is a life changing injury. We have a Makita 71/4 circular saw, with a broken return spring on the guard. It is a dangerous tool, if handled incorrectly it will change your life forever. Now, there are precautions one must keep in mind when using that broken tool. You must not forget it, if forgotten it will be a life changing injury. That is through human discipline, a human discipline which can do amazing things in our own human will. Yet, the Spirit of Christ is able to do far more exceeding than any human discipline. The Rabbis during the first century were able to be pious, keep the ten commandments from their youth up. If not, there were penalties. Yet, what was it they lacked? it was Christ, it was the light they needed through the breath of Christ giving them the resurrection to walk in newness of life and not human discipline of the law.
I don't disagree with that.

My only point is, while our spirit is regenerated and our minds have been washed with the Word, the flesh, our bodies, have yet to be changed. We must control the flesh, give no room to it, because it's still fallen, and has a sinful nature.

Until glorification, we'll have this war between the Spirit and the flesh.

Last edited by Aquila; 05-17-2018 at 11:11 AM.
Old 05-17-2018, 11:09 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Notice, the opponents of doctrine always want to make it personal. Thus, intelligent and reasonable discussion is impossible. Well, it was interesting, for awhile.
Gimme a break Esaias. The thread was personal from the get-go. Stop whining about it being personal. The OP started personal.

I find it amusing that you spiritual keyboard warriors don't want to answer a simple question. Instead you hide behind excuses, complaining about the subject being made personal or claiming it's not relevant.

It is relevant, seeing as how the claim is being made that it's not only possible to live 100% sinless, but if one does not they are either still slaves to sin or their HG isn't strong enough or they may not even be saved!

So yes, it's relevant to the discussion.

When is the last time one of you spiritual keyboard warriors committed a sin? Have you been sinless since you been saved?