Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Islamic Issues and News
Facebook

Notices

Islamic Issues and News Discuss Islam and report on current issues regarding Islam

Old 07-23-2007, 07:03 PM
Superheros are evil...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Strange View Post
Well, GL...

Maybe they are just our brothers and sisters. Bless their little hearts. I sure wouldn't want to think anything negative about our brothers and sisters' religion at all, without just cause.

Chill out, Bro Strange.

I hope you don't live your life judging everyone with such a narrow viewpoint. I would never refer to muslims as my brothers or sisters. But I will love them and learn from them, so I can win more to the kingdom. We just had a former radical Muslim preach in our pulpit.
For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself." But if you bite and devour one another, beware lest you be consumed by one another! (Gal 5:13-15/ NKJV)
Old 07-23-2007, 07:04 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Strange View Post
I have been told all of the above.

Certainly, I would hope that when (and they will) become the majority in America that they wll remain the nice sweet peace loving moral people that they are now...unlike all the other Muslims around the world. However, I have my serious doubts.

I have also been told that in the minority, they are as lambs. As equals they are as foxes. In the majority, they are tigers.

My prefered method of evangelism is not at the edge of the sword. I would hope that any other religion domiciled in America would not feel the need to use armed conflict to make converts. I have a strong aversion to having my head chopped off, if that is their loving method of evangelism.
In Muslim majority nations, Christians have few rights and what rights they do have under the law, the Islamic governments look the other way when they are violated. Under Islamic law, in the quran, Christians are required to pay a special tax for not converting to Islam.

In Turkey recently christians were brutally beaten and tortured, even having their guts cut out and sliced up before their eyes...for setting up a bible study. In Malay I think it was or some other Asiatic area, Christian school girls, wearing their uniforms, were attacked and beheaded...One girl survived the attempt but had a scar from ear to ear.

That is what happens in Muslim controlled countries on a regular basis, when they are not that brutally butchered their houses or properties are taken or firebombed. They are threatened on a daily basis..

The irony is is that CAIRN claims, as advocates for Muslims , that THEY are being systematically persecuted on a daily basis here in the US...you all ever hear of a muslim having their throats slit for teaching a quranic study?

In fact their idea of persecution is a company not installing special foot baths just for the muslims to wash their feet...or a cab company firing a muslim taxi driver because they refused to take a blind person with their dog...because in Islam dogs are dirty. They come to THIS country knowing things are different, without any thought at all of changing even a little bit on their part. They expect American to change for them instead.

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:06 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by "GL" View Post
I think you need to start witnessing to and befriending some Muslims. I think it will expand your perception...
I have and do. I have known Muslims for years. I have witnessed to many many many on the internet as well. My perception is based both on personal encounters as well as historical current events encounters.

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:15 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico View Post
I think it will take at least a generation or two for traditional Muslim practices to fade away among Muslim Americans, much like other cultural practices and whatnot fade away with other groups. I am the first generation in my family to be born here in the States and there is very little I have in common with people that live on the Island, culturally speaking.
Rico- That is what I see happening too. My son's friends bear the marks of Americanzation and will not be so strict with their own children.

Freedom is intoxicating. And the Muslim's don't allow for it. I think American ideals will win out over oppression and the Cross is greater than the sword.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:19 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newman View Post
Praxeas- I was speaking of the kind of moral center that means young people don't drink and do drugs and engage in premarital sex so that they can have intact families in the future; who in turn raise children that likewise bring up children in a family environment with both a mother and a father. WE as a nation are failing terribly at this.
yes I KNOW that was what you were speaking about and I was in agreement. My point was you can have that sort of moral center and STILL think it acceptable to kill someone in the name of religion

Quote:
For the record; I accused the letter writer of hate speech for saying that good Muslims could not be good Americans.

I think you should put some of your facts and figures here. Let's look at historical cause and effect and see if its as crystal clear as you suppose...
Well it was obvious from the get go that "good muslim" meant the more conservative and even moderate of the religion.

One of the things that has to be realized is their theology. What the Quran says.

Secondly, as I stated before, its' the goal of all Muslims to spread Islam world wide, they just don't all agree on the method

I would recommend reading a book called "Because They Hate", which is about Islamic extremists, not all Muslims.
Author is Brigitte Gabriel

I'll post some info though so you get the point of her book,
This is her site
http://www.americancongressfortruth.com/archives.aspx

Her experience is as a Lebanese growing up a christian girl in Lebanon
Here are some youtube clips
[yt="Part 1 Brigitte Gabriel"]-8fa9yKQeTY[/yt]

[yt="Part 2"]X0gBTEwATwU[/yt]

[yt="Part 3"]-sL54rHPwqA[/yt]

[yt="Part 4"]PHYyu4vsZ6Y[/yt]

[yt="Part 5"]dgqXYUs3h7Q[/yt]

[yt="Part 6"]Udib2U0_mPg[/yt]

[yt="Part 7 Final"]SUmayTNRLg0[/yt]

Old 07-23-2007, 07:21 PM
Shaking the dust off my shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newman View Post
Rico- That is what I see happening too. My son's friends bear the marks of Americanzation and will not be so strict with their own children.

Freedom is intoxicating. And the Muslim's don't allow for it. I think American ideals will win out over oppression and the Cross is greater than the sword.
Exactly. If you knew how strict my grandparents were.............will be heard coming out of many an American Muslim's mouth in 30 years.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:22 PM
Superheros are evil...

Our goal is also t spread our faith around the entire world and we don't agree on the method.

ref Res 4.

For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself." But if you bite and devour one another, beware lest you be consumed by one another! (Gal 5:13-15/ NKJV)
Old 07-23-2007, 07:25 PM
Go Dodgers!

BTW I believe most Muslims are really pawns of those seeking greater political control. On their own Muslims would not control any nation, however for many there would be and is a clash of cultures. In their culture in most places they have honor killings etc etc and many of them don't want to change that part of their culture. Others though come here to get away from that

Interview
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1707713/posts
FP: Brigitte Gabriel, welcome back to Frontpage Interview.

Gabriel: Thank you Jamie. It is always a pleasure working with you.

FP: So what inspired this new book?

Gabriel: Radical Islam’s modern war of world domination has been picking up momentum with its universal colophony of “Allahu Akbar” accompanying each act of terror and destruction.

Today, radical Islam’s war rages in varying degrees of intensity throughout the world, not just against Christians and Jews in the west, but also against Hindus, Buddhists, Copts, indeed all non-Muslim “infidels”, Their degree of zealotry even has them attacking other denominations within Islam itself. Islamic radicals are instigating and perpetuating terrorist campaigns, insurgencies, civil wars, minority suppression, ethnic cleansing and/or genocide in Afghanistan, Algeria, Bangladesh, Belgium, Chad, Chechnya, Dagestan, Denmark, Egypt, Ethiopia, France, Gambia, Great Britain, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Kashmir, Kenya, Kosovo, Lebanon, Macedonia, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Netherlands, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, territories administered by the “Palestinian Authority,” Philippines, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Somalia, Spain, Sudan, Syria, Tanzania, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, The United States of America, Yemen, and Zanzibar. The rest of the world is held hostage to fear.

This book is part my personal story and my observations. It is written in the hope that Americans and the west will recognize this eminent threat to their way of life and make the correct philosophical, legal, governmental policy and militarily decisions to protect themselves and our civilization before it is too late.

FP: I am sorry to raise a very painful subject, but can you kindly relate to us a bit about how you lost your childhood to militant Islam.

Gabriel: I was born into Paris of the Middle East, the Arab world’s jewel on the Mediterranean. Lebanon's geography encompasses both pristine beaches and snowcapped mountains, and most of the time Lebanon has an ideal Mediterranean climate. Lebanon was the most westernized Arabic speaking country in the Middle East, its citizens the most cultured and educated.

This natural beauty that filled and blessed our lives would fall prey to an ugliness of hate and animosity in 1975, when South Lebanon, where I lived, became a bloody battleground.

The Muslims and Palestinian declared war on the Christians and started killing us. They bombed my home in trying to take over our town. I was ten years old when my home exploded around me burying me under the rubble as the perpetrators shouted Allahu Akbar. I was wounded and spend two and half month in and out of a hospital for treatment. My father became deaf and lost all our lifesavings in the bombing. I had to live in an 8 by 10 bomb shelter for seven years of my life between 1975 and 1982 in pitch darkness for lack of electricity, freezing cold for lack of heat. I had to drink stale water which I collected from a near by spring crawling on my stomach in a ditch dodging sniper bullets. We had very little food, and resorted to collecting grass and vegetation that grew around the bomb shelter to eat. I was 13 yeas old when I dressed in my burial clothes going to bed at night waiting to be slaughtered, and by the age of 20 I had buried most of my friends who were killed by radical Muslims.

FP: In your book you discuss how radical Islam spread from the Middle East throughout the world and how the west failed to connect the dots. Please tell us about that.

Gabriel: As news anchor for World News, I realized there was a form of repetition developing with every broadcast I did. The same story but different actors: hijackings, car bombs and Muslims fighting non Muslims was the news. The only differences were the locations, the vehicles used and the names of the perpetrators and their victims. The names of the terrorists became all too familiar and similar. Muhammad, Ahmed, Hussein, Ali were nothing but a repeat of Islamic names of Muslim youth who had been brain washed with hatred and bigotry towards the infidels. They were always shouting "Allahu Akbar," the Moslem call to prayer, as their trademark celebratory cry for murder and glory as they slaughtered, killed, blew up, maimed or behead non Muslims.

The names of the targets or the kidnapped people were usually western: Terry Anderson, Terry Waite, Lt. Col. William Higgins, Pan Am flights, TWA, the Achille Lauro. I began to see how the Middle East was dragging the world down into a war of ideologies based on religious hatred and bigotry. I began to understand that what I and the Christians were going through in Lebanon that I thought was just a regional conflict was becoming a world wide conflict with international implications.

America and the west found an excuse for every incident and boxed and labeled it under the context of the country in which it took place. They attributed Iran’s conflict and the victory of Ayatollah Khomeini to an inner conflict within Iran. They attributed the Lebanese war to being a civil war among factions. They attributed the overall Arab/Israeli conflict as being just a Palestinian verses Israeli conflict over land. Yet in all these conflicts radical Islam was the driving force or lingered just under the surface. My book Because They Hate offers a list of Islamic/Arabic aggression leading up to 9/11 while the west neglected to connect the dots.

FP: What are the West’s weaknesses in its confrontation with this new enemy?

Gabriel: America never seems to learn the danger of letting your enemy think that you are weak, asleep or careless. America sent message after message to the Islamists that while America posses the most superior weapons of war, it does not posses the resolve or the will to follow through till victory. America proved it when it withdrew from Lebanon after the marines were bombed and after it didn't finish the job in Iraq the first time around during the gulf war. Ever since that signal was sent, the Islamists ratcheted up their attacks and the United States slept through every attack on our basis and interests overseas. They hijacked TWA flight 847, as well as the cruise ship Achille Lauro in 1985. They bombed another TWA flight as well as hijacked Pan Am flight 73 in 1986. They bombed another Pan Am flight 103 in 1988. They bombed a military compound in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia in 1995. The Khobar Towers also in Saudi Arabia 1996. They also bombed The USS Cole in Yemen in 2000.

So what signal did the United States send to the Islamic terrorists during eight years of the Clinton administration? For eight years the United States military defense budget was depleted. For eight years the US government was a social development center of political correctness, political corruption and arrogance while the Chinese stole our military secrets. The United States was in the middle of a slumber party while the Islamists were organizing, training, recruiting and infiltrating our country and counting on our blindness, carelessness and ignorance. They knew that the leadership was busy with sexual scandals instead of building our military, building our intelligence, increasing America's defense and staying on the lookout for anyone wishing our country harm.

Our anti military attitude as a nation and our cowardly responses to terrorists empowered our enemy to strengthen, grow, acquire weapons, and scientists and place Islamic terrorists right here in our midst living, and learning flight lessons, to begin our destruction.

Old 07-23-2007, 07:25 PM
Go Dodgers!

Continued
FP: Tell us about terrorist cells in America.

Gabriel: Terrorist networks have set up shop in America. They took their time watching our reaction, learning our weaknesses, learning how to use our system and studying our immigration system and how it works. America has focused on Al Qaeda only as the most threatening group du jour and America's number one enemy. This is a grave mistake. Al Qaeda is nothing more than a melting pot of Islamists from different countries and various Islamic militant groups that share their hatred for and ideology against the West. Intelligence classified reports show evidence that Hamas, the terrorist organization that most Americans believe is Israel's problem, and Hezbollah, whom most Americans believe is a Lebanese problem, have both established cells in the United States and networks with al Qaeda to perpetrate suicide bombings in American cities. The Muslim Brotherhood is also active in the United States.

America's problems with terrorist infiltration stem from its large porous borders with Canada and Mexico. Our Canadian border stretches more than 4000 miles while the Mexican one is about 2000 miles long. Almost half these borders are unpopulated areas and are not patrolled. Thousand of terrorists can get in undetected. The Mexican border poses the most dangerous threat where non Mexicans - called the politically correct word OTM (other than Mexicans) - are being snuck into our country by the notorious Mexican MS 13 gang. It is estimated that thousands of sleeper agents have been smuggled into the country illegally through the Mexican border alone. Many sources within the FBI believe that these terrorists are here in America raising funds and working on logistics, waiting for the opportunity to strike within the United States. Many of them have received training in Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan and Afghanistan.

The majority of these terror cells are made up of Muslim immigrants from Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, and most Middle Eastern Muslim countries who have families, relatives or friends residing in the United States and came in the country legally. However some of these cells include members who are U.S.-born American Muslim citizens. They are strongly established in Muslim communities working and running small businesses under the radar where they can have meetings, recruit sympathizers, offer videos, Arabic magazines and publications that entice hatred of anything western and glamorizes Jihad fe samil el lah, jihad for Allah. All this while able to raise funds for their cause under the cover of Islamic charities and foundations.
FP: How about the mosques in America? What role do many of them play in controlling radical ideology in their communities?

Gabriel: Sadly Jamie, the mosques around the world are a part of the problem instead of being a part of the solution. A recent report by Freedom House/Center For Religious Freedom clearly reveals the toxic tsunami of religious hatred that Saudi Arabia has unleashed here in the United States. The entire report can be found on line.

In compiling the report, the center studied over 200 books and publications collected from more than a dozen of the most prominent mosques and Islamic institutions in the United States, including those in Washington, DC, New York, Chicago, Houston, Dallas, Los Angeles and Oakland. All of these books and publications were financed and produced directly or indirectly by the Saudi government. Some of the books were texts from Islamic schools. Some were publications issued by the Saudi government specifically to provide guidance to Muslims living in or visiting the United States.

In their relations with all non-Muslims, these Saudi books and publications repeatedly exhort Muslims to “hate them for their religion,”- meaning us infidels - to “hate…for Allah’s sake”, “…always oppose them in every way…”, maintain a “wall of resentment” against them. They say that Democracy is “responsible for all of the horrible wars" of the 20th Century and that “attractive names like democracy, …justice, freedom, brotherhood and equality" cause all of the world’s problems.

They say that all religions but Islam are false, and that it is the religious duty of every Muslim to impose “functionally Islamic governments” on every country in the world. This religious duty is “binding in principle, in law, in self-defense, in community, and as a sacred obligation of jihad.” In order to fulfill this “sacred obligation of jihad”, they must invade its western heartland, and struggle to overcome it until all the world shouts by the name of the Prophet [Mohammad] and the teachings of Islam spread throughout the world. Only then will Muslims achieve their fundamental goal….[A]ll religion will be exclusively for Allah.

This type of education presents a major problem when we are trying to control the radical in our Muslim communities.

FP: How can the U.S. and the West prevail in this war?

Gabriel: Our Government needs to take stronger action not only against those persons who seek to destroy us, but also against those individuals who impede our fight on the war on terrorism, well-intended or not. Tougher laws must be implemented that protect our right to life and liberty, and if that means a declaration of war putting other rights on hold for a while, so be it! As I have learned from my own life’s experiences, nothing in life is free, especially freedom. In my opinion here are several initiatives that I believe will protect us in the homeland.

- Close our borders
- Reform the Immigration and naturalization service (INS):
- Increase human intelligence
- Profile, Profile and Profile
- Control education of foreign students of hostile countries
- Develop alternative energy sources
- Silence any teaching of hate and intolerance against our country
In the book I offer suggestions as to what the average person can do to fight terrorism and what everyday American and westerner can do to protect our communities and defend our nations.

Our willingness as a nation to support our intelligence community and provide them with whatever laws that will enable them to track and infiltrate cells in America will determine our demise or survival. The tragedy of September the 11th could be the end of terrorism on American soil or the beginning of the end of American civilization.

FP: Brigitte Gabriel, thank you for joining Frontpage Magazine. You are a very special person. It is an honor to have spoken with you.

Gabriel: Thank you Jamie.

Old 07-23-2007, 07:26 PM
Go Dodgers!

This link has a lot of historical value.
http://www.krim.org/links/A_Critique...amic_Jihad.htm