Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2019, 04:26 PM
Registered Member

Re: Blended Churches - Video on FB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Well, I think she is trying to explain herself about what is going on in their church. Which we can’t begin to understand. She said don’t judge a church if you don’t know what is going on in that church. Ok, I can go with that, yet she doesn’t need to explain anything that they are doing at their church with “us.” Because “us” may not understand. Time proves all things, so let’s see how they do with their time. But again, they don’t need to explain anything to “us.”
My question is if the "blending" includes the platform and pulpit or if it's just the people in the pews.

If the blending is in the pews, that's great. I agree not everyone will be at the same place in their walk with God. So you may (and should) have recent converts who perhaps aren't fully understanding holiness and dress, etc. This may be nitpicking, but I do not like the "everyone is on their journey to find God" terminology used. I've heard that too much from people who don't believe in the new birth plan of salvation. "Well, everyone is on their own journey to find God." The insinuation is that there are various ways to get to God, not just one, which is against the Bible. Again, I'm probably nitpicking. I'm not meaning to suggest she believes this way.

If the blending includes the platform and pulpit, that would be an issue, IMO. Unfortunately she doesn't clarify the context of what/who is blended in their church. I'm just assuming she's talking about people in the pews.

Re: the "Kanye controversy" and the comment: "We don't get to judge Kanye based on whether we feel like his christianity is valid or not or true or not."

It's pretty simple. If Kanye hasn't experienced the new birth, hasn't repented of his sins, been baptized in Jesus Name and received the HG -- he's not saved, his christianity is not valid. To say we can't say whether he's right or not is not true.

I've seen a few FB posts by A/P music ministers in which they're fawning over Kanye making a "christian" album and having Sunday services, etc. It's great that Kanye is trying to change for the better. I hope he's sincere and God brings him to a full revelation of the oneness of God and new birth salvation. I've also watched some of his Sunday services and it's a mess. Trying to blend holy and profane. Trying to blend club with church. My spirit doesn't agree with it.

I do agree with this comment: "The more relationship with God they get, the more holy they become, the more Christian they become..."