Facebook

Notices

Missions Area Reports and photos from Missionaries

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 09:33 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Poster View Post
Steve, this is a very dumb post that is beneath you.
He could have used a much worse analogy.

Apostolic in doctrine
Pentecostal in experience
Charismatic in practice
Non-denominational in affiliation
Inter-denominational in fellowship
Old 03-12-2007, 09:33 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrford View Post
Say, some of us explain those types of things to the churches we pastor. They seem to understand "administrative costs."
Then I have no problem.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:34 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
They are NOT telling the saints who are giving X amount of dollars for missionary so & so that now folks part of this money he ain't gonna see the HQ takes out their plug first. But among the ministry it is known. And it is BOTH unethical and dishonest.
Brother, you are the one who said it was a known fact.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:35 PM
Guy

Quote:
I realizr administrative expenses must be covered even us Kentuckians from the Gap understand that, however the money DESIGNATED cannot be those funds. UNDESIGNATED funds should be used for that NOT a percentage of designated funds! Revivals costs however to raid monies taken up FOR the evangelist to cover those expenses is not honest! If the saints are aware that a percentage of their money is going for administrative costs I have no problem. If NOT then it is unethicial and dishonest.
Money raised for PIM's is not raised as the missionaries private piggy bank. It is raised to cover their living expenses and the associated costs of the work in the foreign field along with administrative expenses. I knew that when I first started pastoring quite a few years ago - it hasn't been any secret.
If you have a revival meeting and take up an offering to cover the expenses of the revival no one has a problem with it (except for the yahoos in the back who won't give a dime anyway.)
Old 03-12-2007, 09:38 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy View Post
Money raised for PIM's is not raised as the missionaries private piggy bank. It is raised to cover their living expenses and the associated costs of the work in the foreign field along with administrative expenses. I knew that when I first started pastoring quite a few years ago - it hasn't been any secret.
If you have a revival meeting and take up an offering to cover the expenses of the revival no one has a problem with it (except for the yahoos in the back who won't give a dime anyway.)
An offering for the expenses of the revival and a offering for the evangelist is NOT the same or it wouldn't be it you was an evangelist.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:38 PM
Invisible Thad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
It's not a begging campaign. It's an OPPORTUNITY and a PRIVILEGE! It's a wonderful way of making the fellowship aware of the needs around the world.

You got to trust SOMEbody. Who knows but what the missionary might misappropriate funds?

traveling to make the fellowship aware of the needs around the world is one thing. But I don't think they should have to ask for PIMs Felicity.
we are the richest nation in the world. many of our pastors are wealthy while the missionaries have to go do without and suffer. I don't like what i see sorry
Old 03-12-2007, 09:39 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad View Post
traveling to make the fellowship aware of the needs around the world is one thing. But I don't think they should have to ask for PIMs Felicity.
we are the richest nation in the world. many of our pastors are wealthy while the missionaries have to go do without and suffer. I don't like what i see sorry
Nor do I. But thus far no one has came up with a better idea.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:40 PM
Guy

Quote:
you raise a valid point Guy but can you tell me WHY our missionairies have to go on a begging campaign every 4 years? there has got to be a better way don't you think ?

carey you are right. I know a pastor personally who sends his funds directly. some are sending it to one pastor who sends it to missionaries because they don't trust headQs
HQ has tried other things to alleviate the burden of traveling with limited success. The benefit of the traveling is that it raises the missions profile in the local churches.
What we need is a genius with a plan that no one else has come up with.
Then with the petty and small minded withholding missions support just because they can it exacerbates the problem.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:42 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Quote:
They are NOT telling the saints who are giving X amount of dollars for missionary so & so that now folks part of this money he ain't gonna see the HQ takes out their plug first. But among the ministry it is known. And it is BOTH unethical and dishonest.
Shouldn't it be well published what percentage of income (offerings that come in) go to overhead? That way you could tell folks when you take up the offering, "75 (or whatever the figure is) out of every 100 dollars you give will go to some missionary (maybe not the one you designate but to some missionary as per the FMD formula)."

Apostolic in doctrine
Pentecostal in experience
Charismatic in practice
Non-denominational in affiliation
Inter-denominational in fellowship
Old 03-12-2007, 09:42 PM
Guy

Quote:
How much do you really think our missionaries on the field are going without?
Even when dodoes at home don't pay their PIMS HQ pays them their salary until they can't allow them to go farther in deficit. This is a far bigger problem than the small percentage that runs the FMD.
Closed Thread