Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 04-02-2007, 11:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalsecretplace View Post
Speaking as a saint I would ask that you define the Apostles Doctrine.

There seems to be alot of "doctrines" (many winds) blowing around and it is the job of the 5-fold ministry to minster to perfect the saints:

And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
Eph 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
Eph 4:14 That we [henceforth] be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, [and] cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
Eph 4:15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, [even] Christ:

There are many wolves in sheep's clothing ready to promote and teach a lie in order to get people to follow them. Tell us what this Apostle's doctrine is and how it will keep us saved.
Hi,Go here and read.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:37 AM
Invisible Thad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad View Post

QUESTION
what about the doctrine of Yawshua ???????
we had a small group leave over this. they put a flyer on our cars during church one day that said all of us had to be re-baptized in the name of Yawsua.

can anyone answer this one ????

Is it okay that they baptize this way instead of saying Jesus ?
Old 04-02-2007, 11:37 AM
Still Figuring It Out.

Quote:
you are exactly right tbpew

what many people may not know too is this. After Branham died, some of his leaders and followers started believing they were Theophanies of various prophets in the bible. 2 of these persons at family gatherings (C'mas) believed they were moses and enoch. I am not kidding.
another group split off from the main church in phoenix. their leader got a revelation that he was daniel from the lions den. just recently he was caught having an affiar. so much for being of PURE SEED!!!!!!!
Maybe he thought he was Daniel because he liked to be in the den with things with long hair that go RIIIIIRRRRRE!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-02-2007, 11:38 AM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actaeon View Post
good grief!
im with you.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:41 AM
Invisible Thad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digging4Truth View Post
Maybe he thought he was Daniel because he liked to be in the den with things with long hair that go RIIIIIRRRRRE!!!!!!!!!!!

Sir if you think it's a joke you are wrong. my Bro in law's family moved to a remote villiage in colorado with this sect.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:44 AM
Registered Member

This thread quickly went into pure ignorance.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:46 AM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrford View Post
This thread quickly went into pure ignorance.
clearly.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:46 AM
Step By Step - Day By Day

Quote:
Felicity,

The reason that the Brahamites are a Cult and false is, they believe that salvation is thru the Man Branham. Did you notice something about that website you posted ? Everything was about William Branham nothing about Jesus Christ????
when we use to have discusions at family gatherings with them , we asked them how we could be saved. They told us " JUST BELIEVE THE PROPHET". you see? ? They also said that we were okay because we were of "PURE SEED"
Oh I believe they're a cult Thad.

Yes, I know everything is about WB. They're way out in left field for sure. Thanks for your input.

(surname courtesy of Jim Yohe)
Old 04-02-2007, 11:47 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
can anyone answer this one ????

Is it okay that they baptize this way instead of saying Jesus ?
It is ok, but not demanded as they make it sound.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:49 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith4him View Post
When Gordon Lindsay and what's his name from Houston, left him, he was surrounded by lesser men, basically yes men that helped to stir up and promote this downfall in him.

But irregardless, Branham was used tremendously of the Lord!

Bro Barnes said Branham told him personally before he died that he rejected his own serpent seed doctrine as error. But he did not know how to stop the spreading of it.