Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 04-02-2007, 10:11 AM
Step By Step - Day By Day

There are people here who believe that if you pray using the name "Jesus" your prayer is ineffectual? Is that a heresy? Will that send you to hell?

(surname courtesy of Jim Yohe)
Old 04-02-2007, 10:13 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michlow View Post
This last part is a big question of mine. Thanks to AFF and all its predecessors, I have come to the understanding that there are not two human beings on the face of the earth that have exactly the same spiritual beliefs. There is also some area where you and another will disagree.

So if we say that if someone doesn't believe exactly the same as they are lost, then we are effectively condemning the entire human race. I understand the need to draw the line somewhere. My question has always been where?

Some will say, with Oneness of God, and ACTS 2:38 3-step plan of salvation, and yet turn around and condemn those with a different idea of end-time prophecy or standards, or numerous other things. And it never seems to stop.
There is much diversity in the Apostolic church that do not change major doctrines ALL of them are minor disagreements on major doctrines WITHOUT changing the doctrines themselves.
For example prophecy:
Pre-Mid-Post-Partial Preterists all believe in the future return of Christ-resurrection and judgment and though we vehemently fuss among ourselves only a fringe of any particular thought would believe either would be lost.
Communion:
juice-wine-one cup-timing- yet all keep the ordinance.
Just a couple of examples.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:14 AM
Still Figuring It Out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
As I thought. No problem .

Paul didn't feel as you he turned two guys naming them over to Satan!
He also called Elymas a child of the Devil.

But at least we know someone somewhere at sometime in history did preach and believe something false but we may never know who or what it is? But it is a start.
Those were individuals called such for specific actions at specific times.

You are speaking damnation on thousands on a wholesale basis without even know the state of their belief.

I don't disagree with your basic tenet.

I just have problem with your constant threads & posts painted thousands (and sometimes millions) of people as lost on a wholesale basis when you have no idea as to any of their personal state of belief.

But.. it does appear to be your "ministry"... so carry on.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:14 AM
Some people could make a statue weep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
My question isn't about how much false doctrine you can hold onto and still be saved. I just really do wonder where many of these people will stand (talking about Branhamites here). I've talked to some of these people. They love God. The women are modest, long hair, they believe in the baptism of the Spirit, Jesus name baptism. Can you hold onto these basic beliefs regarding salvation doctrine and holiness and still be lost because you ascribe to a doctrine that is not biblical (like the Serpent Seed doctrine)?

I know that they play tapes of the Prophet (Branham) in every service, but we all listen to tapes of our leaders too.

Which part of the SS doctrine is damnable?
Salvation by blood inheritance -- man's blood. It's predestination by birth -- not New Birth. Born to be lost or saved according to genealogy -- not Born to die with a New Birth to walk in newness of life. For starters.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:16 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
My question isn't about how much false doctrine you can hold onto and still be saved. I just really do wonder where many of these people will stand (talking about Branhamites here). I've talked to some of these people. They love God. The women are modest, long hair, they believe in the baptism of the Spirit, Jesus name baptism. Can you hold onto these basic beliefs regarding salvation doctrine and holiness and still be lost because you ascribe to a doctrine that is not biblical (like the Serpent Seed doctrine)?

I know that they play tapes of the Prophet (Branham) in every service, but we all listen to tapes of our leaders too.

Which part of the SS doctrine is damnable?
The difference is the tapes you listen to contain the word of God by fallible men their view is the tapes ARE the word of God from a man that every word he speaks is infallible. The new birth to them is believing God sent a prophet and Branham was him. That is their message NOT Jesus.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actaeon View Post
Salvation by blood inheritance -- man's blood. It's predestination by birth -- not New Birth. Born to be lost or saved according to genealogy -- not Born to die with a New Birth to walk in newness of life. For starters.
Okay. Thanks for that!

But these people are still placing faith in Jesus Christ for salvation? They repent? They're baptized in water in Jesus name. They speak in tongues so they have been born again spiritually according to apostolic doctrine. They believe in walking in the Spirit and live a life of faith?

Old 04-02-2007, 10:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
1. The "Adam Doctrine" Jesus was actually Adam in the garden thus he died for his own sins he committed in the garden that he was not God until the river of Jordan then revised to the resurrection then well he really is not God.
2. The "Ultimate Reconciliation" doctrine Crajack believes this now it is called the doctrine of Inclusion ALL men will be saved if they repent or not, some even teach Satan himself will be saved.
3. The "Serpent Seed" doctrine is Calvinism with a new twist the serpent(which was the missing link) had sex with Eve and Cain was her offspring and all his descendants are presdestined to Hell.
4. The "Spiritual Communion" doctrine denys the ordinances of the literal observance of the Lord's supper and Feetwashing.
5. The "Divine Flesh" doctrine teaches Jesus was not the biological son of Mary thus his flesh was divine and not human thus doing away with the doctrine of redemption.
6. The "Full Preterism" doctrine denies the future return of Christ-resurrection of the dead-judgment.
Hi,Well lets see,#1,If Jesus was Adam,that means Jesus sinned.Don't think so.False.

#2, I heard that too,It's false also.

# 4,False,So All is false.But in the Lords supper.Remembering his body and blood,the pass over,They had a whole supper not just a cracker and jigger of juice.He said as offen as we eat the bread and drink the fruit of the vine.As offen means every time we eat bread and drink do it in rememberance.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:22 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Okay. Thanks for that!

But these people are still placing faith in Jesus Christ for salvation? They repent? They're baptized in water in Jesus name. They speak in tongues so they have been born again spiritually according to apostolic doctrine. They believe in walking in the Spirit and live a life of faith?
They repent and are baptized NOT accepting Calvary's redemption but in acknowledgment of the revelation of Elijah the prophet. Most do not speak in tongues they do not believe tongues are the initial evidence and are almost anti-tongues. Calvary is way down the line with these folks they know more about "Sunset Mountain" in Az than a hill called Calvary. They believe Branham was a manifestation of God. To accept him and his ministry is salvation. I know this sounds far out but in fact that is how it is.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:24 AM
Some people could make a statue weep

Quote:
They repent and are baptized NOT accepting Calvary's redemption but in acknowledgment of the revelation of Elijah the prophet. Most do not speak in tongues they do not believe tongues are the initial evidence and are almost anti-tongues. Calvary is way down the line with these folks they know more about "Sunset Mountain" in Az than a hill called Calvary. They believe Branham was a manifestation of God. To accept him and his ministry is salvation. I know this sounds far out but in fact that is how it is.

Jesus Christ, to the Branhamites, is secondary to William Branham -- now does that sound like false doctrine or what?
Old 04-02-2007, 10:24 AM

Quote:
No, I know you know what you're talking about.

Thanks for the info. I know there was a lot of discussion on this back on FCF but I really didn't follow it much.

I'd love to see a list of the basic tenets of Branhamism. Something in bullet form - simple - easy to understand. I'd like to be able to share this with the girls I work with at Blessings.