Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 07-08-2013, 10:53 PM
Registered Member

Re: struggling with loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razlin View Post
Well said! Thats how i feel. Though i nver spoken in tongues id like to think im saved...
Thank you for your support. Repentance is the first step towards salvation I do believe that. But we cannot stop there. Obedience to Gods word is the next step. When I read the great commission in Matthew 28:16-20 I understand that God taught his disciples to go into all the world and make disciples of all nations.

Matthew 28:16-20

The Great Commission

16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

Then if you turn to the book of Acts you will find the Apostles carried out his commandment by baptizing people in the NAME of Jesus Christ and then the believers were filled with the Holy Spirit. How do we know they received the Holy Spirit? Because they heard them speaking in tongues. We are born with a dead dormant spirit because sin has separated us from Gods love. When we receive the spirit of God our own spirit awakens with a cry much like a newborn baby. The evidence that someone has received the holy spirit is when hear them speaking in tongues thus their spirit has awakened and they are no longer separated from God. We can now communicate with him in a heavenly language as his spirit continues to lead us into all truth. If we reject this truth then we miss the chance of spending an eternity with a loving God. Baptism cleanses us from our past sins as we begin a new life in Christ. It is absolutely beautiful and I pray that everyone finds and obeys this truth.

God Bless
I pray daily to have the heart of David and the boldness of Elijah. To be simple and humble not proud. To reflect Christ in the way I talk, dress and above all to be a true worshiper and lover of Gods holiness.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:55 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imreedemed View Post
hi yvette

i'm sorry for you loss.

Do you really think the shaking and the tongue-movement is what saved your mom? Frankly i'm not familiar with that gospel. The lord clearly says in his word that whomsover believeth in him has eternal life. I'm convinced that believing comes with repentance and we are saved by his grace through faith in christ. Your mom gained eternal life the moment she believed on christ. That's my understanding of the holy scriptures
amen!! Preach it...
Old 07-09-2013, 02:57 AM
of 9!! :)

Quote:
Hi Yvette

I'm sorry for you loss.

Do you really think the shaking and the tongue-movement is what saved your mom? Frankly i'm not familiar with that gospel. The Lord clearly says in His word that whomsover believeth in Him has eternal life. I'm convinced that believing comes with repentance and we are saved by His grace through faith in Christ. Your mom gained eternal life the moment she believed on Christ. that's my understanding of the Holy Scriptures
He said unto them, "Have you reveived the Holy Ghost since ye believed?"

And they said unto him, "We have not so much as heard whether there be
any Holy Ghost."

And he said unto them, "Unto what then were ye baptized?"

And they said, "unto John's baptism."

Then said Paul, "John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance,
saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus."

When they heard this, they were baptized in the Name of the Lord Jesus.

And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on
them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

ACTS 19: 1-6 KJV

Yes, believe........but also be baptized in Jesus name and receive the
Holy Ghost (evidenced by speaking in tongues)! It's a must!
Old 07-09-2013, 05:59 AM
Registered Member

Well, i was just here to offer condolences for the loss of your mom. I'm sorry for bringing up 'salvation issues' under the prayer closet.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:39 AM
Thankful :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvette210 View Post
Thank you for your support. Repentance is the first step towards salvation I do believe that. But we cannot stop there. Obedience to Gods word is the next step. When I read the great commission in Matthew 28:16-20 I understand that God taught his disciples to go into all the world and make disciples of all nations.

Matthew 28:16-20

The Great Commission

16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

Then if you turn to the book of Acts you will find the Apostles carried out his commandment by baptizing people in the NAME of Jesus Christ and then the believers were filled with the Holy Spirit. How do we know they received the Holy Spirit? Because they heard them speaking in tongues. We are born with a dead dormant spirit because sin has separated us from Gods love. When we receive the spirit of God our own spirit awakens with a cry much like a newborn baby. The evidence that someone has received the holy spirit is when hear them speaking in tongues thus their spirit has awakened and they are no longer separated from God. We can now communicate with him in a heavenly language as his spirit continues to lead us into all truth. If we reject this truth then we miss the chance of spending an eternity with a loving God. Baptism cleanses us from our past sins as we begin a new life in Christ. It is absolutely beautiful and I pray that everyone finds and obeys this truth.

God Bless
I understand that, I believe that with all my heart. I am seeking and it will happen. I do know that.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:05 AM
Repent and believe the Gospel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razlin View Post
I understand that, I believe that with all my heart. I am seeking and it will happen. I do know that.
My friend you keep seeking the Giver of all good gifts. Don't doubt your Salvation for one minute because you have not "shallammattaa", the blood of Christ is what cleanness us from all unrighteousness not the water of the Baptismal tank.

Many out there speak in tongues and have been Baptized in Jesus Name but would not know the love of Christ if it bit them on the behind.

This show is not the only Pentecost in town. We had a move of the Holy Ghost last Sunday that was so sweet and we are not Oneness and we don't believe in the Acts 2:38 plan of Salvation but yet God filled His house of worship with His presence. I guess nobody told God that we are in error.

I will pray that God will stir up the indwelling Spirit that resides in you and that He will Baptize you with His Spirit and that you will speak in other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance not for them but for you and His Kingdom.

Scripture is its own interpreter. Nothing can cut a diamond but a diamond. Nothing can interpret Scripture but Scripture" Thomas Watson.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:07 AM
Registered Member

Oh, goodness! While it has become popular in churches to say we KNOW who is saved and who is not, that is a lie. We do not know. Only God knows. And the bible is clear that there will be people who think they are saved, who did great works in His name, who will be turned away.

Rest assured that in giving your mother the opportunity to know Christ, you have her the best humanly gift you could have offered. He will judge her justly; He is a just God.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:52 PM
Administrator

I am not going to debate theology on this thread. I just want you to know that I am praying that God gives you peace in this matter. I know it is very hard thing because of the bond between us children and our mother. No matter how old we are or they are.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"

Last edited by CC1; 07-10-2013 at 11:21 PM.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:42 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacey View Post
He said unto them, "Have you reveived the Holy Ghost since ye believed?"

And they said unto him, "We have not so much as heard whether there be
any Holy Ghost."

And he said unto them, "Unto what then were ye baptized?"

And they said, "unto John's baptism."

Then said Paul, "John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance,
saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus."

When they heard this, they were baptized in the Name of the Lord Jesus.

And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on
them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

ACTS 19: 1-6 KJV

Yes, believe........but also be baptized in Jesus name and receive the
Holy Ghost (evidenced by speaking in tongues)! It's a must!
Amen!!! We must not be led astray by this world. I believe the word of God exactly as it is written and I will not substitute it or sugar coat it. I was taught by an Apostolic pastor many years ago when I first came to Christ and he always had me read the scripture on my own so that I could see that it was not anything he made up but the actual word of God. When I read that I had to be baptized in Jesus name and filled with the Holy Spirit I knew immediately that I had to obey. If we do not read it for ourselves and apply what we read then we are losing out.
I pray daily to have the heart of David and the boldness of Elijah. To be simple and humble not proud. To reflect Christ in the way I talk, dress and above all to be a true worshiper and lover of Gods holiness.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:33 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Well, i was just here to offer condolences for the loss of your mom. I'm sorry for bringing up 'salvation issues' under the prayer closet.
It is perfectly fine, don't worry about it. I am in bible college so I need to practice up on my debate skills anyway.

God Bless and thank you )