Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Branhamism
Facebook

Notices

Branhamism Discussion of distinctive doctrines of William M. Branham.

Old 06-21-2007, 05:00 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
Not impugning Elder Barnes but he was definitely incorrect and it can be proven quite easily.
I heard Kenneth Reeves also knew Branham, and said Branham was mistaken, but sincerely mistaken, and believed he was still saved.

Kenneth Hagin wrote a book about THE ANOINTING, and although he never named Branham, anyone who knows Branham's story knew he was speaking of Branham when he wrote about an evangelist. He said this evangelist was mightily used in the supernatural, but went into bizarre teachings. He said Gordon Lindsay tried to help the man realize he was not a Teacher but an Evangelist. And the man responded, "But I like to teach."

Hagin noted Uzziah's error in wanting to be priest as well as king, but how God did not anoint him for priesthood. So God smote Uzziah with leprosy. He said this is what happened to this evangelist.

Before Branham died, Hagin was in a restaurant and the spirit of prophecy came upon him and he told the folks with him they had to leave right away so he could prophesy. The prophecy went something like this,"His works follow him and he shall meet his reward and be saved, but 'ere '66 he shall die."
Old 06-21-2007, 05:02 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
I heard Kenneth Reeves also knew Branham, and said Branham was mistaken, but sincerely mistaken, and believed he was still saved.

Kenneth Hagin wrote a book about THE ANOINTING, and although he never named Branham, anyone who knows Branham's story knew he was speaking of Branham when he wrote about an evangelist. He said this evangelist was mightily used in the supernatural, but went into bizarre teachings. He said Gordon Lindsay tried to help the man realize he was not a Teacher but an Evangelist. And the man responded, "But I like to teach."

Hagin noted Uzziah's error in wanting to be priest as well as king, but how God did not anoint him for priesthood. So God smote Uzziah with leprosy. He said this is what happened to this evangelist.

Before Branham died, Hagin was in a restaurant and the spirit of prophecy came upon him and he told the folks with him they had to leave right away so he could prophesy. The prophecy went something like this,"His reward follows him and he shall be saved, but 'ere '66 he shall die."
Hagin has as much credibilty as BH with me. His erroneous teachings are nearly as far off as Branham's. At least Branham baptized in Jesus Name and believed Jesus was God.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:04 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
Hagin has as much credibilty as BH with me. His erroneous teachings are nearly as far off as Branham's. At least Branham baptized in Jesus Name and believed Jesus was God.
I agree. But he claimed he foretold Branhams' death.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:04 PM
Sister Alvear

It is not up to me to say who is saved and who is not saved but I will say he was in gross error. His SS message ruined many homes. He is in the hands of a merciful but just God...so that is where I leave him. I personally went to his meetings several times but I was very young and remember healings and miracles but healings and miracles also happen at Catholic shrines...
Old 06-21-2007, 05:05 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
I agree. But he claimed he foretold Branhams' death.
I doubt that I know lots of guys who claimed that but no one knew it until he died.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:06 PM
Sister Alvear

Lots of good men ran after his messages...A lesson for all of us to be careful who we run after...
Old 06-21-2007, 05:06 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Alvear View Post
Lots of good men ran after his messages...A lesson for all of us to be careful who we run after...
AMEN!
Old 06-21-2007, 05:07 PM
Sister Alvear

I have or had I left most of it in the south, lots of his books and booklets, tapes etc...Marriage and divorce was really far out...at least in my opinion.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:09 PM
Sister Alvear

Sometimes the "in" thing and most "anointed" preacher is dangerous...
Old 06-21-2007, 05:14 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Alvear View Post
I have or had I left most of it in the south, lots of his books and booklets, tapes etc...Marriage and divorce was really far out...at least in my opinion.
I read that booklet as well. It is FAR OUT! Branham seemed to have a hate for women. He said that a godly woman is precious and better than most anything, but an ungodly woman is not worth the bullet to shoot her with. WHEW!