Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-02-2010, 03:10 PM
Christmas 2009

Water, Water Everywhere!!

We have had the worst flooding I've ever seen in my life the past few days. Our mayor has declared a state of emergency and asked all churches to cancel services today to keep as many people as possible off the roads. The road that runs in front of our house has a 30 foot sinkhole just up the road from us. The road was completely flooded the other way, so we were stranded for a while.

We have two church members who own car lots and those are completely submerged - can't even hardly see the tops of the cars. We have others who have offices and showrooms that are flooded about waist-high. I just heard that one of our family's home was flooded and they had to swim in the backyard to resuce their dogs. They probably have lost everything.

It is really rare for anyone here to have flood insurance on their home, because we aren't in a flood zone. I know we don't personally have it on ours, but we sit up higher than anyone else in our neighborhood.

Nashville is terrible also - two of the interstates are flooded and may not be open for a few days. My son was supposed to drive back to M'boro today, but I don't think he can get back for his exams tomorrow. Hope he has an understanding professor!!
Old 05-02-2010, 03:36 PM
Registered Member

Re: Water, Water Everywhere!!

Are the rivers flooding or too much rain or both?
His banner over me is LOVE.... My soul followeth hard after thee....Love one another with a pure heart fervently. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

To be a servant of God, it will cost us our total commitment to God, and God alone. His burden must be our burden... Sis Alvear
Old 05-02-2010, 04:21 PM
Sister Alvear

Oh, my...we sure will be praying for you folks...Please keep us informed.

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 05-02-2010, 04:27 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizpeh View Post
Are the rivers flooding or too much rain or both?
WAYYYYY TOOO MUCH RAIN!! Watch the Weather Channel - Tennessee is focus today - Millington flooded - tornadoes everywhere - lived here all my life and have never seen anything like it - historical.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:11 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Quote:
Originally Posted by misspresley View Post
WAYYYYY TOOO MUCH RAIN!! Watch the Weather Channel - Tennessee is focus today - Millington flooded - tornadoes everywhere - lived here all my life and have never seen anything like it - historical.
Seen anyone building an ark in their back yard?
Old 05-02-2010, 07:34 PM
Registered Member

From The Jackson Sun

The first link is one of several at The Jackson Sun website about the flooding:

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20...rom-deep-water

http://www.wbbjtv.com/

Last edited by TalkLady; 05-02-2010 at 07:37 PM.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:52 PM
Administrator

I just braved the deluge of rain to make the obligatory Sunday night trip to Wal Mart for dog food.

My SIL just told me they are evacuating the Opryland Hotel. Should be interesting since it has 3,000 rooms so even if they are only at 50% capacity that is still 1500 rooms with most probably being occupied by two persons on a weekend.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 05-02-2010, 09:32 PM
Registered Member

Let me just say that Jackson was awful!!! I have NEVER seen anything like that in my life and we didn't even see the worst of it!!! Literally we got out on the ONLY road out of Jackson I promise....Sherri, so sad to hear about the people in your church!!! I have been praying all night and today for ya'll....
Old 05-02-2010, 09:53 PM
Administrator

Sherri,

They announced on the news tonight that all finals at MTSU are cancelled for tomorrow. Sounds like your son has one more day to study!
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 05-03-2010, 01:57 AM
Create Your Own Rainbows!

Lambuth's graduation was supposed to be yesterday. They called Tabo Saturday morning and told her that all the Sat stuff was cancelled and that graduation would be postponed. It is scheduled for this morning but I'm kind of dreading driving down there because I know there were a couple of sinkholes near the hospital!!