Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Foyer > The Information Station > Tech Talk: with Bit & Byte
Facebook

Notices

Tech Talk: with Bit & Byte For all those that speak Geek & Greek among us! Or for those technically challenged who don't!

Old 08-09-2012, 04:16 PM
Registered Member

Guitar And Youtube

When Im just talking my Youtubes sound ok. However when I try to play acoustic guitar it makes a bad droning sound. Does there have to be a certain kind of mic to play guitar through?

I am using a Logitech 310 webcam. Any help is appreciated! Thanks
Old 08-09-2012, 04:22 PM
Go Dodgers!

Re: Guitar And Youtube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
When Im just talking my Youtubes sound ok. However when I try to play acoustic guitar it makes a bad droning sound. Does there have to be a certain kind of mic to play guitar through?

Your mic is probably the built in mic on a laptop or perhaps the webcam

Id go with a better one. Are you using acoustic or through an AMP? You can run an amp out directly to a PC sound board.

But for the best sound you may want to upgrade the sound board and for acoustic either get a pickup or buy a cheap mic at Radio Shack and put it right in front of the guitar.

You may be able to set the webcam to use an external mic. If not you might have to do some mixing

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:42 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post

You need a Marshall stack, a Strat, a Flange, Phaser, Cry-Baby, maybe a Grilled Cheese or some other distortion, and an Overdrive. Get a mike, plug in to your PC, and suspend it from the ceiling and swing it around (helps create the original stereo-spinning effect).

Then crank out a 20 min rendition of 'Machine Gun' (Band of Gypsies fame) and VOILA!

No more drone sound!

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 08-20-2012, 10:56 AM
Wampus cat wrangler

I actually used to do a whole lot of recording and producing.. the best cheap way to get a good acoustic sound would be to buy a "Seymor Duncan Woody" They can range from 30-60 dollars depending on what type you want. It goes behind your strings over the soundhole and all you would have to do is plug it directly into your computers line in port (using an audio jack converter from amp size to regular headphone socket size.).

The best mic you could get for what you want is a little expensive but would sound great is a "Blue (brand not color) USB Microphone" These are about 100 dollars but you can't beat that for home producing.