Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Foyer > The Information Station
Facebook

Notices

The Information Station A help forum with answers to frequently asked questions - includes our Forum Rules and updates or announcements from the Admin Team.

Old 04-30-2019, 06:29 AM
Registered Member

Re: I would like to speak with new tongues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zog Has-fallen View Post
The Apostle Paul said that tongues are a sign for unbelievers. I want my unbelieving Chinese friends to see it. I expect that they should be impressed witnessing a real Biblical gift.
Yes, and it sounds like you want to impress more than you want to see God move. Jesus said some wouldn’t be convinced even if someone rose from the dead. But what did He know, right?
Old 04-30-2019, 06:39 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
I'd be very happy to receive the gift of understanding Hebrew and Aramaic when I hear it. Or is that gift limited to the Parthians, Medes, Elamites and the residents of Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia, Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya belonging to Cyrene, and visitors from Rome, both Jews and proselytes, Cretans and Arabians?
the 120 were not speaking Hebrew and Aramaic, they were speaking in unknown tongues.

Your cover is blown friend. You are one of two things.
1. a Pentecostal playing games
2. your being deceptive and want to debate

which is it?
Old 04-30-2019, 11:43 AM
Registered Member

It seems this character (for the lack of a better term) isn't Apostolic, or even Pentecostal for that matter, and that he's wanted to debate and disprove the Truth, and therefore "out" us as wrong.

I honestly thought he was wanting to know about tongues, and our experiences with the Spirit because he was new in the Apostolic way, but evidently I was wrong.
I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
I believe in living a holiness lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, without which no man shall see the Lord.
Old 04-30-2019, 12:08 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehud View Post
Yes, and it sounds like you want to impress more than you want to see God move.
I like many other Christians would be overwhelmingly delighted and joyful to see God move. And I don't believe that the manifest power of God can be kept secret.
Old 04-30-2019, 12:16 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostolic1ness View Post
the 120 were not speaking Hebrew and Aramaic, they were speaking in unknown tongues.
Do you have a Scripture to back that up?
Old 04-30-2019, 01:15 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I like many other Christians would be overwhelmingly delighted and joyful to see God move. And I don't believe that the manifest power of God can be kept secret.
Perhaps you should stop seeking the signs and start seeking Him. You might just hear something if you are truly searching.

And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the LORD. And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake: And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice. -- 1 Kings 19:11-12 (KJV)

Have yourself a wonderful day, Zog.
Old 04-30-2019, 01:17 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Roller View Post
It seems this character (for the lack of a better term) isn't Apostolic, or even Pentecostal for that matter, and that he's wanted to debate and disprove the Truth, and therefore "out" us as wrong.

I honestly thought he was wanting to know about tongues, and our experiences with the Spirit because he was new in the Apostolic way, but evidently I was wrong.
Deep down I know you are right, but I just can't stop myself from responding. As long as it is civil, I don't suppose it can hurt.
Old 04-30-2019, 05:21 PM
Registered Member

And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the LORD. And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake: And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice. -- 1 Kings 19:11-12 (KJV)

God has spoken to me in dreams and visions but I want God to do more.
Old 04-30-2019, 07:27 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

That’s fine, but last time I checked, you don’t get to tell God what to do. James says that you have not because you ask not and that you ask and have not because you ask amiss. Again, pray for wisdom. Be sure those dreams and visions weren’t hallucinations.
Old 04-30-2019, 10:25 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

God hasn’t spoke to you in any dream or vision. You don’t even have the HG so go seek that and then we can talk more spiritual things.