Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 06-06-2019, 01:56 AM
Registered Member

La Luz del Mundo leader charged with child Rape

La Luz del Mundo church leader charged with child rape in US

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/religio...-rape-n1014006

The leader of an international religious organisation is being held in the US on charges of human trafficking, child rape and other felonies.

Naasón Joaquín García, who heads La Luz del Mundo (The Light of the World) church, was detained at Los Angeles airport, California prosecutors said.

Mr García, known as "the Apostle" among his followers, and his three female co-defendants are facing 26 charges.

La Luz del Mundo—is a Nontrinitarian Christian denomination with international headquarters in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico.

La Luz del Mundo rejects the doctrine of the Trinity as a later addition to Christian theology.[69] It believes in a "one and universal" God and in Jesus Christ who is the "Son of God and Savior of the world", rather than part of a trinity.[58][70] God is worshiped "by essence", whereas Jesus Christ is worshiped "by commandment."[71] Moreover, by worshiping Jesus Christ they are also worshiping God through him according to their teachings.[72] The Church also preaches baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for forgiveness of sins, and baptism with the Holy Spirit as confirmation from God for entrance into heaven.[70]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Luz...do#Christology

Old 06-06-2019, 02:05 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: La Luz del Mundo leader charged with child Rap

Old 06-07-2019, 05:24 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Hey, something doesn't make sense about this story.

Let me explain, first rule of litigation, EVERYTHING in the news about your case is false. News is about entertainment, and just like hurricane reports they tend to over do it. In criminal cases they convict the individual way before the day in court. 25 counts? Told saints if they didn't do XYZ they would be going against God? The preacher might be as guilty as they say, but it might all be the old okie doke, and someone or some group might be trying to take him and his church organization out. Spanish community aren't stupid, especially Spanish women concerning their families. So again the ALLEGATIONS may be true, but something doesn't mesh.
Old 06-12-2019, 01:47 AM
Go Dodgers!

Yikes

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 06-15-2019, 09:32 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Hey, something doesn't make sense about this story.

Let me explain, first rule of litigation, EVERYTHING in the news about your case is false. News is about entertainment, and just like hurricane reports they tend to over do it. In criminal cases they convict the individual way before the day in court. 25 counts? Told saints if they didn't do XYZ they would be going against God? The preacher might be as guilty as they say, but it might all be the old okie doke, and someone or some group might be trying to take him and his church organizatiion out. Spanish community aren't stupid, especially Spanish women concerning their families. So again the ALLEGATIONS may be true, but something doesn't mesh.
Your reaction to this was similar to mine. I don't know whether he's guilty or not but there is the whiff of a witchhunt about this.
Old 06-15-2019, 11:23 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

This group has had these same accusations against it since its founding in the 20s or 30s.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 06-16-2019, 06:52 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
This group has had these same accusations against it since its founding in the 20s or 30s.
Why reinvent the wheel? Not saying it is true, not saying it is false. But it is interesting the bigger you get, the harder they try to take you out. Especially when they can’t buy you.
Old 06-16-2019, 08:14 AM
Registered Member

Being somewhat knowledgeable of things Mexican, it is my opinion that this sect is a cult. What happened with the leader, I do not know. But I will say that it is not uncommon for supreme leaders of cultic movements to spiritualize adultery as a "divine right".
Old 06-16-2019, 09:16 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Being somewhat knowledgeable of things Mexican, it is my opinion that this sect is a cult. What happened with the leader, I do not know. But I will say that it is not uncommon for supreme leaders of cultic movements to spiritualize adultery as a "divine right".
Having 3/4 Spanish in our church family I know that they just don’t accept everything flown up a flag pole. But one man’s cult is another man’s religion.
Old 06-16-2019, 09:48 AM
Registered Member

Just looked into this. Never heard of this group before. A large Apostolic group that believes in the headcovering. So I assume this group is entirely distinct from the Apostolic Assemblies Of The Faith Of Jesus?

Also I wonder what their end time view is?