Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 03-13-2007, 09:39 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sola gratia View Post
no text for this eply!

Question why didnt JESUS correct Peter here?

Mat 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-jona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
No argument here. He was the Son of God NOT God the Son!
Old 03-13-2007, 09:39 AM

I still can't get over Epley saying the Son is not God
Old 03-13-2007, 09:40 AM
but made himself of no reputation

btw Steve,
I am in no way advocating a view that there is any kind of God the Son.

I am fully purposed in attempting to share the clear scriptural witness that God has a Son, just like your dad has a Son, an offspring, a child. The greek word translated as SON is so plain in its construction that even a bible scholar can't twist it.

God begat, resulting in a begotten.

God is the Father who gave his ONLY BEGOTTEN Son.

That there are two valid witnesses to satisfy the law when the Father bears witness and the Son bears witness.

Love is NOT expressed between the Spirit's love for the office of appearing as a Father and the office of appearing as a Son.

Love is expressed within the relational bonds of a Father with his only begotten son.
Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath [James 1:19]
Old 03-13-2007, 09:42 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post
Epley is stuck on the Eternal Sonship issue ...
Jesus said the Son can do NOTHING of himself does that sound like God?
There things the Son did NOT know as Son does that sound like God?
The Son DIED does that sound like God?
Old 03-13-2007, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
I nor YOU are NOT the Fulness of the Godhead BODILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I nor YOU can say if folks see us they see the Father!!!!!!!
Sir neither you nor I are GOD!
Is God manifesting himself on the earth today?
Is God with us (Emmanuel) today?
Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath [James 1:19]
Old 03-13-2007, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Jesus said the Son can do NOTHING of himself does that sound like God?
There things the Son did NOT know as Son does that sound like God?
The Son DIED does that sound like God?
Now Steve,
when you talk like this I want to come and hug you man.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:06 AM
Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Paths View Post
The terms "Trinity" and "persons" as related to the Godhead, while not found in the Scriptures, are words in harmony with Scripture, whereby we may convey to others our immediate understanding of the doctrine of Christ respecting the Being of God, as distinguished from "gods many and lords many." We therefore may speak with propriety of the Lord our God who is One Lord, as a trinity or as one Being of three persons, and still be absolutely scriptural.

Distinction and Relationship in the Godhead
Christ taught a distinction of Persons in the Godhead which He expressed in specific terms of relationship, as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, but that this distinction and relationship, as to its mode is inscrutable and incomprehensible, because unexplained.

Unity of the One Being of Father, Son and Holy Spirit
Accordingly, therefore, there is that in the Father which constitutes him the Father and not the Son; there is that in the Son which constitutes Him the Son and not the Father; and there is that in the Holy Spirit which constitutes Him the Holy Spirit and not either the Father or the Son. Wherefore the Father is the Begetter, the Son is the Begotten, and the Holy Spirit is the one proceeding from the Father and the Son. Therefore, because these three persons in the Godhead are in a state of unity, there is but one Lord God Almighty and His name one.

Identity and Cooperation in the Godhead
The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are never identical as to Person; nor confused as to relation; nor divided in respect to the Godhead; nor opposed as to cooperation. The Son is in the Father and the Father is in the Son as to relationship. The Son is with the Father and the Father is with the Son, as to fellowship. The Father is not from the Son, but the Son is from the Father, as to authority. The Holy Spirit is from the Father and the Son proceeding, as to nature, relationship, cooperation and authority. Hence, neither Person in the Godhead either exists or works separately or independently of the others.

The only thing right in these false statements concerning the Godhead is "while not found in the Scriptures".

The trinity doctrine is propagated by roman catholicism, taught by popes, priest and the illegitimate daughters of rome.

Mark 12:29

29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:KJV
Don't presume that this is what all Trinitarians believe. Keep in mind that the word "oneness" is not found in the Bible either. Both oneness and trinity acknowledge that the Bible presents distinctions among three: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. The difference is in the nature of the distinctions.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:15 AM
Chan

Quote:
Sir the RCC killed heretics for denying the Trinity throughout their history it is you who is confused. And as short as I am 'kneedeep" is enough to drown your false doctrine. I am clearly biased for truth and against the paptist doctrine of the Trinity.

A question for you which will be simple since you are so wise.
If a man has 3 sheep all are sheep because they possess sheep nature is the man a ONE sheep man or 3 sheep man???????
Since ONE to you when applied to God can mean 3 distinct beings would your wife accept that concept in your marriage. Where you have 3 separate and distinct women but one wife???????????????

If you have 3 separate distinct persons which are equal in power-knowledge-existance then sir you have 3 GODS whether you acknowledge it or not.
You really DON'T know what you're talking about. Most Trinitarians would NEVER describe their belief as belief in three divine BEINGS. There are some who would and I would argue that if they're describing their belief that way then their belief is not in the trinity doctrine.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:19 AM
Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizpeh View Post
I don't think OP's hate Trinitarian, but they hate the doctrine of the Trinity. I loathe it completely. It's a false teaching on who God fundamentally is and Trinitarians (not Chan) manipulate the word "God" and define God with 5 different meanings.

How can God say "I am" and be a Trinity? Makes absolutely no sense. According to Trinitarians only a "person" can speak and pray and love, etc....therefore how can "God" speak and say "I am"? as a collective unity? This is impossible according to their doctrine.

1. God can be representative of the Trinity
2. God is a nature (John1:1c)
3. The Father is God
4. The Son is God
5. The Holy Spirit is God

I understand their doctrine and the more I understand it the more I find it to be unbiblical. I can see how one might fabricate such a teaching but only in the light of the incarnation.
You clearly don't understand the doctrine if you are operating under the assumption that there is only one version of the doctrine. The trinity doctrine of the Nicene and Constantinopolitan Creeds is very different from many of the modern versions of the trinity doctrine (such as John Ankerberg's doctrine in which he defines "persons" as "centers of consciousness").
Old 03-13-2007, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chan View Post
You clearly don't understand the doctrine if you are operating under the assumption that there is only one version of the doctrine. The trinity doctrine of the Nicene and Constantinopolitan Creeds is very different from many of the modern versions of the trinity doctrine (such as John Ankerberg's doctrine in which he defines "persons" as "centers of consciousness").
Chan ... by now you should know this is not about researching .... or stating truths ... it's about being RIGHT.