Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The D.A.'s Office
Facebook

Notices

The D.A.'s Office The views expressed in this forum are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of AFF or the Admin of AFF.

Old 03-14-2007, 10:49 PM

Suber: Acts29tv Network Sets Launch Date of March 22

Posted on NewChurchOrder.com

Written by Jonathan Suber
Wednesday, 14 March 2007

Every day I awaken to the awesome responsibility of Jesus’, command, “Go ye and preach the Gospel to every creature”. This simple command caused my father, the late Paul Suber, to resign from his congregational responsibilities, sell all, and take his family to Africa. It caused my wife’s Grandparents to live in poverty with a young family as they pioneered Spirit-filled churches across Texas and Oklahoma when it was not popular or easy.

I can honestly say that I’ve been privileged to minister in African villages, walk the dusty streets of Calcutta and take boat rides down the Amazon River. I’ve been blessed to teach in Taiwan and preach in Puerto Rico to literally thousands of precious souls. I have traveled to the borders of Tibet and Burma and have seen the healing power of our risen Savior cause crippled beggars to walk and the demoniac delivered. Yet if I were to live one hundred years and preach every hour of the day, I would not be able to scratch the surface of a world population of over six billion souls!

Did you know that almost two billion people have never heard the gospel of Jesus Christ? This number represents more than 27 % of the global population and they have never been reached by any form of Christianity or mission’s agency. Sixteen thousand languages still have no scripture, native pastor, or Christian church to attend. Only 9% of the world speaks English as its first language, yet we discover that 96% of the church’s income is spent on these 9%! Christianity only makes up 33% of our global population yet some are so arrogant as to feel that we’re doing enough to reach the world.

However now, for the first time since the Ascension, there is truly a solution that crosses cultural, political, linguistic and logistical barriers. There seems to be no nation or remote island in the world that the internet has not affected. The world wide web and its internet capabilities have changed the face of the global community and has made our world a village at the touch of a few buttons.

Certainly we know that Hell has attempted to take this wonderful tool, designed to spread the Good News, and vilify it with the depravity of sin and the perversion of iniquity. We are poised and positioned to take back what the devil has attempted to steal! God forbid that we waste the most valuable tool for communication ever created while preaching how we must take the whole gospel to the whole world . The internet is the most creative, cost effective, simple evangelistic tool that the Church has in her arsenal. Many burdened, qualified ministries do not have the resources to facilitate the mass printing of literature or the cost prohibitive task of televangelism on local or cable T.V. networks. Yet there are few who do not have access to a computer or staff that can use it to the Glory of God!

This is why the launching of the Acts29tv Network on StreamingFaith.com is so important to me. I honestly can see a ray of hope to my daily dilemma of feeling responsible for reaching out to 6 billion souls with the name of Jesus! For over 5 years, I have researched the ministry opportunities offered on the web reviewing literally hundreds of different religious and church web casts, blogs, and chat rooms. It wasn’t until I came across the StreamingFaith.com concept while trying to watch Bishop Eddie Long’s services live that I finally saw the full potential of what a web network could do. With high speed connection their quality is comparable with TV and the resolution can be as good as the equipment your willing to pay for. I remember sitting at my desk over 5 years ago, weeping because I could see the potential of being with StreamingFaith.com, yet realized I didn’t have the equipment or resources to do it by myself. However, it’s amazing how that “Dreams Come True If You Don’t Oversleep”. Here we are five years later realizing a dream coming true with the launching of Acts29tv on StreamingFaith.com and its happening this coming week on March 22, 2007. Praise God, it’s finally happening…

What makes Acts29tv unique is the collaboration of many diverse ministries that cross a wide variety of religious, racial and economic barriers. It is truly a Band of Brothers coming together to pool their resourses to herald the continuation of the Book of Acts in the earth today. For the cost of a meal for a family of five in a moderately priced restaurant, you can actually preach the Gospel around the World. Therefore, I ask you, why not? Are you one of the ones called to reach a lost culture for Christ? Do you relate to the gnawing agony of living daily, carrying the burden of the Lord? If so maybe this is the opportunity you’ve been praying for!

For me, the costs were prohibitive until I came into covenant with brethren that were willing to share the load. Together we can realize our individual ministry goals of evangelizing the lost and establishing the Saints that we could have never accomplished alone. The major hurdles have been crossed and the up-front costs are paid so that it is extremely easy and inexpensive to get involved. I urge you to pray about your ministries involvement today. If God gave it to you, it’s meant to be shared! You can be on the network once a week, once a month or 5-7 days a week. We will work with you and the material you have available to ensure this is a productive and fruit-bearing venture for your ministry as is possible.

Thank you for prayerfully considering joining the evolution back to the Book of Acts. Welcome to the 29th chapter! We look forward to witnessing the continuing Acts of the Holy Spirit in your life and ministry on Acts29tv.

Jonathan Suber, Co-Founder Acts29tv
Old 03-14-2007, 10:50 PM

Let it rain, Father.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:03 PM
Administrator

Sounds super....er...I mean suber.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:18 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
Sounds super....er...I mean suber.
Subercalifragilisticexpialidocious?
Old 03-15-2007, 07:23 AM
Registered Member

if you say it fast enough the sound is quite... I can't spell the next word.