Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 04-30-2008, 09:37 AM
Banned

Who are these perfect ?

Who are these perfect that wisdom can be spoken to ?

1Cor.2
[6] Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

Them that are perfect,is it them who spirit is made perfect ?

Heb.12
[23] To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

If our spirit is made perfect,is our flesh also perfect ?

God is a spirit,is only our spirit to be perfect as our Father ?
Matt.5
[48] Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Is our spirit made perfect when we are born again of the Spirit and we are perfecting our flesh .
2Cor.7
[1] Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

Is our flesh or our spirit being made perfect ? Eph.4
[11] And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;[12] For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
[13] Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

I see our spirit is made perfect when we are born of the Spirit and we are perfecting our flesh ? What do you say ? Rom.8
[13] For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify (kill) the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:57 AM
I believe the Gospel of Jesus

Re: Who are these perfect ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelel View Post
Who are these perfect that wisdom can be spoken to ?

1Cor.2
[6] Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

Them that are perfect,is it them who spirit is made perfect ?

Heb.12
[23] To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

If our spirit is made perfect,is our flesh also perfect ?

God is a spirit,is only our spirit to be perfect as our Father ?
Matt.5
[48] Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Is our spirit made perfect when we are born again of the Spirit and we are perfecting our flesh .
2Cor.7
[1] Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

Is our flesh or our spirit being made perfect ? Eph.4
[11] And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;[12] For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
[13] Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

I say our spirit is made perfect when we are born of the Spirit and we are perfecting our flesh ? What do you say ? Rom.8[13] For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify (kill) the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
Yes, Joelel, I think that's pretty much it in a nutshell.
Old 05-10-2008, 04:55 AM
Banned

Re: Who are these perfect ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro-Larry View Post
Yes, Joelel, I think that's pretty much it in a nutshell.
Hi Larry,I had some serious questions here and reading back over my first post things didn't add up,so I now ask these questions ?

Who are these perfect that wisdom can be spoken to ? I see them as people who don't have sin in their lives because of what he said in 3:1-3

1Cor.2

3:1: And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
2: I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
3: For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

The writer told the church here,Heb.12:22: But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

These spirits of just men made perfect,our spirit and flesh is made perfect by us because 2Cor.7 says,

What is the differance between perfecting our flesh and spirit ?

God is a Spirit,is only our spirit to be perfect as our Father or our flesh too ?
Matt.5

Is our spirit made perfect when we are born again of the Spirit and we are perfecting our flesh ? As I read closer,I don't think so.
2Cor.7

Is our flesh or our spirit being made perfect ? I think both.Eph.4

What do you say ? Rom.8
[13] For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify (kill) the deeds of the body, ye shall live.