Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 06-17-2018, 10:54 PM
Registered Member

Gino Jennings saying baptism in Jesus name is fals

I found this on the internet, he went to far on this...

Check out my new Podcast, and YouTube Channel:
https://histruthismarchingon.blubrry.net
This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
Apostolic Truth! His Truth Is Marching On!
SUBSCRIBE!
Old 06-18-2018, 12:57 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: Gino Jennings saying baptism in Jesus name is

I believe baptism should be "in the name of Jesus Christ". I think "in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ" or "in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ" is also acceptable. "In the name of the Lord Jesus" I think would also be acceptable (I really can't find any Biblical argument against that, although personally I think that phrase "in the name of the Lord Jesus" is equivalent to the phrase "in the name of the Lord" and does not necessarily reflect an actual baptismal formula). I'm not sure what to think about "in Jesus' name" as a formula for baptism. I think "in the name of Jesus Christ" is as close as you can get to a definitely Biblical baptismal formula without encouraging any controversy with anyone except trinitarians.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 06-18-2018, 02:06 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
I believe baptism should be "in the name of Jesus Christ". I think "in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ" or "in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ" is also acceptable. "In the name of the Lord Jesus" I think would also be acceptable (I really can't find any Biblical argument against that, although personally I think that phrase "in the name of the Lord Jesus" is equivalent to the phrase "in the name of the Lord" and does not necessarily reflect an actual baptismal formula). I'm not sure what to think about "in Jesus' name" as a formula for baptism. I think "in the name of Jesus Christ" is as close as you can get to a definitely Biblical baptismal formula without encouraging any controversy with anyone except trinitarians.
I've never seen a baptism done in just Jesus name I always heard them say so and so in obedience to your faith I now baptize you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins. Jesus name is just something thats said to explain its not done in the titles.

This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
SUBSCRIBE!
Old 06-18-2018, 02:13 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofthechosen View Post
I've never seen a baptism done in just Jesus name I always heard them say so and so in obedience to your faith I now baptize you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins. Jesus name is just something thats said to explain its not done in the titles.
There are groups that are known as "Jesus Name" or "Jesus Only" which refers to their baptismal formula, "In Jesus' Name" or "In the Name of Jesus". I think they are mostly in the Appalachian area. The Church of Jesus Christ groups are always arguing with them lol as they ONLY use "in the name of Jesus Christ".

I believe the UPC uses "in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ". Some folks believe the "Lord Jesus Christ" is a sort of compromise with trinity beliefs, as others have tried to say "Lord = Father, Jesus = Son, and Christ = Holy Ghost" in explaining Matthew 28:19.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 06-18-2018, 02:46 AM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Every baptism I’ve witnesses they pronounced “in Jesus’ name” as the person was under the water.
Old 06-18-2018, 02:50 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
There are groups that are known as "Jesus Name" or "Jesus Only" which refers to their baptismal formula, "In Jesus' Name" or "In the Name of Jesus". I think they are mostly in the Appalachian area. The Church of Jesus Christ groups are always arguing with them lol as they ONLY use "in the name of Jesus Christ".

I believe the UPC uses "in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ". Some folks believe the "Lord Jesus Christ" is a sort of compromise with trinity beliefs, as others have tried to say "Lord = Father, Jesus = Son, and Christ = Holy Ghost" in explaining Matthew 28:19.
Wow thats crazy.

SUBSCRIBE!
Old 06-18-2018, 02:53 AM
Covenant Apostolic

not sure I want to watch the video

is he saying those who were baptized by UPC preachers need to be rebaptized?
Old 06-18-2018, 03:08 AM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
Every baptism I’ve witnesses they pronounced “in Jesus’ name” as the person was under the water.
I was baptized “in Jesus’ name.”
Old 06-18-2018, 03:17 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
not sure I want to watch the video

is he saying those who were baptized by UPC preachers need to be rebaptized?
He's saying the formula had to be in the Lord Jesus Christ or some foolishness. I just was surfing the internet and came across it and thought it was super petty. I mean if you are baptized in the name of Jesus then its legit. As long as the name was invoked and not just the titles, I believe its legit. But I think the truth of the matter is he has something against the UPC.

SUBSCRIBE!
Old 06-18-2018, 03:19 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofthechosen View Post
He's saying the formula had to be in the Lord Jesus Christ or some foolishness. I just was surfing the internet and came across it and thought it was super petty. I mean if you are baptized in the name of Jesus then its legit. As long as the name was invoked and not just the titles, I believe its legit. But I think the truth of the matter is he has something against the UPC.
just FYI, he is not just anti UPC, he is anti PAW, and who knows what other organizations.