Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Sunday School
Facebook

Notices

Sunday School A ministry resource forum. Find special help topics-- sermon ideas/notes, reference material, resources, etc.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:42 PM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Re: Oneness vs Trinity (Can someone give a non-bi

I've evaded nothing. Jesus is God the Father manifested in the flesh. This is Bible. Your constant attempts to distract me from this by twisting doctrine won't change that. You're just upset that I refuse to take your bait.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
I've evaded nothing. Jesus is God the Father manifested in the flesh. This is Bible. Your constant attempts to distract me from this by twisting doctrine won't change that. You're just upset that I refuse to take your bait.
And this folks is a typical example of why I'm not oneness anymore.

But, I do love my oneness brothers and sisters in Christ.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerman View Post
And this folks is a typical example of why I'm not oneness.
And yet you still refuse to say what you do believe. I find that more telling than anything you've actually "said".
Old 05-28-2013, 09:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
And yet you still refuse to say what you do believe. I find that more telling than anything you've actually "said".
Again, it doesn't matter what I believe. What matters is that you cannot defend or explain the issues associated with the oneness doctrine which I posted.

I'm sure someone will soon post what I believe....just to help you out a little.

Of course that still doesn't negate your failure to address the oneness God split / two Jesus issue.

Last edited by seekerman; 05-28-2013 at 09:50 PM.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:50 PM

Actually, I can, but I choose not to engage someone as disingenuous as yourself on your terms. You don't want to know what we believe, you want to "define" what we believe, then have us answer to your definition. It doesn't work like that. We already showed you what we believe, and why we believe it. When you resort to twisting it around, so you can define the language, that's when I choose not to play your game.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Actually, I can, but I choose not to engage someone as disingenuous as yourself on your terms. You don't want to know what we believe, you want to "define" what we believe, then have us answer to your definition. It doesn't work like that. We already showed you what we believe, and why we believe it. When you resort to twisting it around, so you can define the language, that's when I choose not to play your game.
Sure you can. That's why you've not addressed this for several posts now...

Of course the oneness view splits God in two, divides Him.....one part which is humanity and the other part which is deity. Humanity isn't deity and deity isn't humanity. But the division, the distinction is much more than a humanity/deity split, it's a Jesus the Son of God and a Jesus God the Father split also. You're not addressing that split even though I've asked for a few posts now. Jesus the Son of God isn't Jesus God the Father but yet Jesus is one God?

Let me post my requests once again. And this is about JESUS.

I ask again, if Jesus the Son of God the Father isn't God the Father, who is He? Oneness folks wish to proclaim the humanity/deity split in God but will not explain the two Jesus view, namely Jesus the Son of God who isn't Jesus God the Father but is one God with Himself as Jesus the Son and Jesus the Father.

My view has absolutely nothing to do with the inability of oneness adherents to explain this distinctive split in the one God which results in one Jesus, Jesus the Son of God the Father, interacting with His, Mary's and His brethren's God and Father which is the other Jesus, Jesus God the Father...who isn't Jesus the Son of God the Father.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:53 PM

Again, you're trying to define the terms of our discussion with your own version. I refuse to play your game.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Again, you're trying to define the terms of our discussion with your own version. I refuse to play your game.
You attempt to split God into parts but won't address the issues of splitting God into parts. You're not wanting to explain the Jesus the Son and Jesus the Father teaching of oneness pentecostalism.

Of course the oneness view splits God in two, divides Him.....one part which is humanity and the other part which is deity. Humanity isn't deity and deity isn't humanity. But the division, the distinction is much more than a humanity/deity split, it's a Jesus the Son of God and a Jesus God the Father split also. You're not addressing that split even though I've asked for a few posts now. Jesus the Son of God isn't Jesus God the Father but yet Jesus is one God?

Let me post my requests once again. And this is about JESUS.

I ask again, if Jesus the Son of God the Father isn't God the Father, who is He? Oneness folks wish to proclaim the humanity/deity split in God but will not explain the two Jesus view, namely Jesus the Son of God who isn't Jesus God the Father but is one God with Himself as Jesus the Son and Jesus the Father.

My view has absolutely nothing to do with the inability of oneness adherents to explain this distinctive split in the one God which results in one Jesus, Jesus the Son of God the Father, interacting with His, Mary's and His brethren's God and Father which is the other Jesus, Jesus God the Father...who isn't Jesus the Son of God the Father.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:07 AM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerman View Post
No, you haven't explained how, scripturally or otherwise, God is one, but at the same time is also two 'somethings', Jesus deity and Jesus humanity, distinct from each other but really the same person or entity. .
Yes I have over and over and over. Just because you did not understand my explanations does NOT mean I did not explain it. This is why all communications with you and others break down into bickering because you refuse to admit we've answered your questions

The reality is you just don't grasp them mentally for whatever reason.

And I never said the distinction is between Jesus's Deity and Jesus's humanity. As I said before I never said there are two Jesus's. You continue to ignore my words and put words in my mouth instead

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:59 AM
Loving God, His Word, His Name

If Jesus is God the Father manifested in the flesh, why then did He declare that the Father was greater than Him in John 14:28? Also, why then did He pray to the Father, since He was, according to Oneness, the Father? I do not deny the very deity of Christ in no measure, but instead affirm the Son as deity.

Apostolic Defender Ministries
The Apostolic Defender Podcast on Spotify