Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 01-19-2018, 12:17 PM
Banned

Re: Can a plant be a "spirit"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by consapente89 View Post
John 8:44
Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do.
It is written,
Genesis 1:29
And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
Every herb bearing seed, every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed, is for free for our use and consumption. That is because God has provided us herb bearing seed to produce food, to produce rope and fabrics, to produce natural medicinal treatments of various illnesses, pain killers, and even the blessing of laughter and celebration.

No where in Scripture does God declared any specific plant, herb, or tree unclean other than the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Grapes produce wine. And wine, although able to cause drunkenness, is considered to be a blessing. Liquor can be used to ease the dying. Wine is used to cleanse wounds and to calm those who are of heavy hearts. It is also used to aid in gastrointestinal and stomach problems:
Proverbs 31:6
Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts.

Luke 10:34
34 And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him.

1 Timothy 5:23
Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities.
The OT speaks of the "balm of Gilead". This was a medicinal balm produced from the resin/gum of the Balsamodendron opobalsamum tree. Sometimes it is a reference to that which was produced from the Balanites aegyptiaca tree. In another place, the balm produced from the Pistacia lentiscus appears to be referred to. ( Genesis 37:25 ; Jeremiah 8:22 ; Jeremiah 46:11 ; Jeremiah 51:8 ; Genesis 43:11).

The creation of medicines, ointments, balms, and healing oils from plants is found throughout the Bible. In fact, in biblical times, such things were created by what was known as an "apothecary", who specialized in the production, use, and distribution of these things, along with special incense and perfumes. (Exodus 30:25 ; Exodus 30:35 ; Exodus 37:29 ; Ecclesiastes 10:1)

The notion that any plant should be entirely prohibited from man's use is an agenda of man, not God. Those who argue that a plant cannot be studied to examine it's use, or argue that a plant's beneficial properties are not to be used, are in opposition to the will and purpose of God concerning why He even created such herbs and seed yielding trees.

The one's behind this satanic agenda are the major pharmaceutical corporations. They produce synthetic medications that cause numerous side effects requiring additional synthetic medications so that they can profit off human sickness. Why do they push synthetic medications? Because they created the synthetic medications, therefore they own them and can control their production. They can't claim that an entire genus of plant that can be grown in your back yard to treat any of your ills is theirs and theirs alone. In doing this they have separated us from nature and nature's God to capitalize on our sickness.

That brings us to a plant mentioned in Scripture that theologians are taking a closer look at, "sweet calamus", or more accurately, "Keneh bosem" or "kannabosm". It is mentioned here:
Exodus 30:22-25 King James Version (KJV)
22 Moreover the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,
23 Take thou also unto thee principal spices, of pure myrrh five hundred shekels, and of sweet cinnamon half so much, even two hundred and fifty shekels, and of sweet calamus two hundred and fifty shekels,
24 And of cassia five hundred shekels, after the shekel of the sanctuary, and of oil olive an hin:
25 And thou shalt make it an oil of holy ointment, an ointment compound after the art of the apothecary: it shall be an holy anointing oil.
Scholars are increasingly starting to believe that "calamus" is a mistranslation. Because calamus is a known poison. Scholars are increasingly considering that "keneh-bosm" is "kannabosm", or what is known in the Greek as, "kánnabis". And guess that that is? You guessed it, "cannabis". Herbs and spices generally maintain their names from region to region because they are typically articles of trade. The confusion generally comes from occasional mistranslations. If this is the case here, then cannabis has been used medicinally since ancient times, and in fact, was an ingredient in the holy ointment that was used to bless and initiate kings and priests. In addition, this ointment was traditionally used to anoint the sick. If you do a search on YouTube, a man decided to actually use cannabis and make an ointment based on the biblical measurements and ingredients and apply it topically to those who suffered from skin conditions, and lacerations on the legs (relating to diabetes). Astoundingly the lacerations and skin conditions tend to heal rapidly, with tissue growth that reduces scarring. It also reduces anxiety, blood pressure, boosts the immune system, and can bring a general sense of peace. This has been confirmed in so many circumstances, there is now a growing demand for this cannabis oil. So, if what scholars are increasingly thinking is correct, cannabis was a key ingredient in the "holy anointing oil" of the OT.

The only things standing in the way of the legal use of this plant to benefit from its medicinal qualities are the corporate interests that want to keep us dependent upon on their synthetic drug products to maximize profits off our sicknesses, the politicians who serve these corporations, antiquated laws, the private prison industry that makes a profit off of locking up people for growing, smoking, using, or distributing a plant, law enforcement agencies that get massive block grants from the fed to subsidize the phony "war on drugs", the politicians who want to use the non-issue to make themselves seem "tough on crime"... and a religious superstition that boarders on paranoia.

And when it comes to "hemp"... there is absolutely no justification to its being illegal in so many states either. If hemp crops were to begin producing materials to use throughout the textile industry, the current industry with all it's synthetic polymer based products would be seriously challenged. They would have to lower their prices to such a degree to compete, they'd have to restructure their current business model and say goodbye to the record profits produced by the inflated cost of their goods. And once more, something natural made from the very hand of God would put to ruin the greed and ambition of man.
Old 01-19-2018, 12:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
I like your posts nowadays.

I dont want you to turn them into, "hey wow man" posts, capeesh?

LOL
Old 01-19-2018, 12:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Why would you care or put any credence into a group of people who are superstitious? I mean, who cares if they believe there are spirits in animals and plants? It isn't truth, so who cares?
Oh boy...

Slow your roll with me here sis, and let's grock.

In Scripture, "spirit" is "pneuma", meaning "breath". Now, in some places, it is used to denote the actual "breath" of a breathing person or living thing. It is also used figuratively to denote the actual "breath of life", which is the living essence of all living things. Rocks don't have "spirit"... but anything alive does.

If plants and animals don't have "spirit" (the breath of life/living essence) then they can't ontologically be said to be alive! LOL

So it is pretty obvious that yes, plants and animals have "spirit". Anything that "breathes" has spirit. But saying this ISN'T saying the same thing as our Native American friends. The difference is in a detail known as... soul.

We would clearly disagree with native Americans with regards to plants being "living souls" on account of their having the "breath" (or spirit) of life. The term "soul" in the Greek is "psuche" (from which we get our English word, "psyche"). It is the "mind". The mind possesses the faculties of reason, will, and emotion. Having soma (body), psuche (mind), and pneuma (spirit) is what makes a thing a "living soul". Man is a "living soul". A plant is not a "living soul", for it doesn't possess the faculties of reason, will, or emotion. And so our Native American friends would be disappointed to know that the plants (who have spirit/the breath of life) ultimately don't have souls.

Whew. All that to explain a rather simple detail in biblical ontology. lol

I'm starting to wonder where these people come from. LOL

Last edited by Aquila; 01-19-2018 at 12:48 PM.
Old 01-19-2018, 02:30 PM
Registered Member

Old 01-19-2018, 04:09 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
Oh boy...

Slow your roll with me here sis, and let's grock.
Not even going to attempt to look that up.

Quote:
In Scripture, "spirit" is "pneuma", meaning "breath". Now, in some places, it is used to denote the actual "breath" of a breathing person or living thing. It is also used figuratively to denote the actual "breath of life", which is the living essence of all living things. Rocks don't have "spirit"... but anything alive does.

If plants and animals don't have "spirit" (the breath of life/living essence) then they can't ontologically be said to be alive! LOL

So it is pretty obvious that yes, plants and animals have "spirit". Anything that "breathes" has spirit. But saying this ISN'T saying the same thing as our Native American friends. The difference is in a detail known as... soul.

We would clearly disagree with native Americans with regards to plants being "living souls" on account of their having the "breath" (or spirit) of life. The term "soul" in the Greek is "psuche" (from which we get our English word, "psyche"). It is the "mind". The mind possesses the faculties of reason, will, and emotion. Having soma (body), psuche (mind), and pneuma (spirit) is what makes a thing a "living soul". Man is a "living soul". A plant is not a "living soul", for it doesn't possess the faculties of reason, will, or emotion. And so our Native American friends would be disappointed to know that the plants (who have spirit/the breath of life) ultimately don't have souls.

Whew. All that to explain a rather simple detail in biblical ontology. lol

I'm starting to wonder where these people come from. LOL
Really? And you are the one who named your "personal angel" Joe or something.
Old 01-19-2018, 05:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Not even going to attempt to look that up.

Really? And you are the one who named your "personal angel" Joe or something.
I have no idea what my guardian angel's name is. I've called him Sam, Dude, Jake, Jay, Jeremiel, etc. in jest. Lol

Personally, I think we'd both prefer a different assignment.
Old 01-19-2018, 06:26 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
I have no idea what my guardian angel's name is. I've called him Sam, Dude, Jake, Jay, Jeremiel, etc. in jest. Lol

Personally, I think we'd both prefer a different assignment.
Probably so. It is just me being irritated with the media, Washington D.C., Hollywood, etc. I let go of my Twitter account last summer because of all the hate, and because I was already aware that Twitter was censoring Conservatives.

So, when I read your first post - I could only think of your Angel Joel, adding to my list of eye rolls.

Anyway, carry on - go outside and listen to your grass breathing... lol
Old 01-20-2018, 08:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Probably so. It is just me being irritated with the media, Washington D.C., Hollywood, etc. I let go of my Twitter account last summer because of all the hate, and because I was already aware that Twitter was censoring Conservatives.

So, when I read your first post - I could only think of your Angel Joel, adding to my list of eye rolls.

Anyway, carry on - go outside and listen to your grass breathing... lol
Lol.

I've been there. The media can whip us into a fury. And if we're not careful, we take the animosity into our conversations here. I know I can be a goofy brother in Christ. I'm a kingdom odd ball . Lol Just know, my intentions are good. Love you sis.
Old 01-20-2018, 11:44 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Lol.

I've been there. The media can whip us into a fury. And if we're not careful, we take the animosity into our conversations here. I know I can be a goofy brother in Christ. I'm a kingdom odd ball . Lol Just know, my intentions are good. Love you sis.
Old 01-20-2018, 04:21 PM
Jesus is the only Lord God

I don't know about a plant being a "spirit", but as far as consumption, God gave us ALL herbs for consumption at creation. And then emphasized it again after the flood. Looks pretty straight forward to me

Gen 1:29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Gen 9:3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.
...Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ...(Acts 20:21)