Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Branhamism
Facebook

Notices

Branhamism Discussion of distinctive doctrines of William M. Branham.

Old 05-30-2008, 10:46 PM
Go Dodgers!

Re: What really happened at Pentecost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Vaughn View Post
Great question..... and thats the point I am trying to make

Had Paul never set the church in order... then OT practices for worship could have continued with no problem

but with Polygamy.... Paul NEVER forbade it.. he never stopped the OT practice.. except for Bishops
Paul set the Corinthians in order NOT because they were worshiping God...not because they were doing it like the bible says to in the OT...but because of their misuse of the gifts

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:53 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Vaughn View Post
Brother he did..... when he instructed to bring things in ORDER,, keeping their place in the house of God..... few songs.., keeping quiet....
He never said "few songs"...He never mentioned any sort of OT forms of praise and worship. His part about keeping quiet was to WOMEN while they were being taught the word...he said learn in silence...LEARN. Church Services include worship, prayers and teaching.

Quote:
He said.. everyone of you want to sing.. testify.. have the show when you get to church,... he told them to quit speaking in tongues without an interpreter....
LOL....He said you want to sing, testify....please PLEASE now show us where he said NOT TO sing...or NOT to testify. Also he did not tell them to NOT speak in tongues if no interpreter was present. He said IF there is none present to speak to yourself.

BTW you said you speak in tongues...when and where?

Quote:
he definitly brought order to the church.....and bye the way you will not find all you find in the NT local church was PREACHING & Teaching
This statement is totally beyond comprehension so I am going to assume I know what you meant. Nobody denies he brought order or correction but it was to the Corinthians on their abuse of the gifts. He never forbad worship or praise or singing songs or limited them. You have failed to prove that.

Lastly you are committing another logical fallacy where by you assume the conclusion as your proof...that is circular. In other words you ASSUME the instances where there was something else going on and the church was gathered was NOT infact a church service.

And second you make an argument from silence in that you say because an account in acts does not mention worship then it never happened. Are you really a Dr?

Lastly you talk as though there are MANY of these instances in the bible but in fact you have found only one

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:55 PM
Smiles everyone...Smiles!!

Lets put it this way. The Old Testament is very clear as to how worship is done in the sanctuary. While even I may question some of the hype that goes on in some Apostolic services, there was, in the OT, emotional praise taking place. Folks fell down on their faces when his presence filled the temple.

Now we jump to the new testament, and we find nothing that takes away this type of worship. No command to abstain from exuberant praise. Actually, we find no real example of a NT service taking place.

Now we go to the book of Revelation, and what do we find? Again, exuberant praise. Music. Falling down before him.

So if I look at this logically, According to DV, we have exuberant praise in the OT. Then it is done away with in the NT. Then in the next age (whatever you want to call it) we have exuberant praise again. This makes about as much since is the Serpent Seed Doctrine.

To me, what DV is doing is methodically eroding the principles and doctrines of the NT Apostolic Church. I am sure he is a nice guy. But the spirit that comes forth when you see one that continually seeks to destroy Apostolic foundations shines very bright to me.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:05 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmatthew View Post
Lets put it this way. The Old Testament is very clear as to how worship is done in the sanctuary. While even I may question some of the hype that goes on in some Apostolic services, there was, in the OT, emotional praise taking place. Folks fell down on their faces when his presence filled the temple.

Now we jump to the new testament, and we find nothing that takes away this type of worship. No command to abstain from exuberant praise. Actually, we find no real example of a NT service taking place.

Now we go to the book of Revelation, and what do we find? Again, exuberant praise. Music. Falling down before him.

So if I look at this logically, According to DV, we have exuberant praise in the OT. Then it is done away with in the NT. Then in the next age (whatever you want to call it) we have exuberant praise again. This makes about as much since is the Serpent Seed Doctrine.

To me, what DV is doing is methodically eroding the principles and doctrines of the NT Apostolic Church. I am sure he is a nice guy. But the spirit that comes forth when you see one that continually seeks to destroy Apostolic foundations shines very bright to me.
I consider a lot of what goes on to be a form of rejoicing or expressions of joy

Old 05-30-2008, 11:15 PM
Jesus is the Christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmatthew View Post

amen
If ye believe not that I AM, ye shall die in your sins. John 8:24

Mone me, amabo te, si erro

No real problem exists over the use of "The Name" in everthing else done in the Church. Why then should there exist great controversy over the use of the "The Name of the Godhead" in water baptism?
Kevin J. Conner The Name of God p. 92