Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-18-2018, 01:15 PM
Registered Member

What If My Works Are Not Perfect?

It's not like this is merely an argument that has no consequences. Christ speaks dire consequences concerning this truth.

So what if I have sin in my life at this moment? So what if I wait just a while longer to repent?

Jesus is glad (for your sake) you asked that question. He wants you to understand something.

Rev 3:19-20

19As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. 20Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

If any of us have sin in our life at this moment we should be very afraid. If indeed you belong to Jesus Christ judgement is coming your way! For whatever reason one has sinned and then has not repented of it this is Jesus way of trying to open your eyes.

Think of it. If one sins everyday and Jesus loves them, he may chasten them every day. In what way? WHO WANTS TO FIND OUT! Not me.
And yet this is a promise from him. If he loves you he will chasten you.

You may try to brush it off and say, No that could not be the Lord doing this to me. But what if it is? If sin is in our life is that not an open door? How long must Jesus wait before he chastens one for sin? A long time? Maybe.

But thinking about Anannias and Saphira maybe not. It could come very quickly. Will it be as a "nudge" or will it be harsh and grievous? After all Paul said this:

Heb 12:6

6For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

He scourges? OUCH!

So we see that even the first level of allowing sin in our lives can turn into something quite painful. Yes it looks like there might just be real consequences if we are not diligent to be obedient to our Lord.
Old 05-18-2018, 01:28 PM
Registered Member

Re: What If My Works Are Not Perfect?

I agree, we sure better tell sin to "get out and stay out".
Old 05-18-2018, 01:40 PM
Banned

If one professes sinless perfection and their not sinlessly perfect, they'll be condemned to Hell.
Matthew 7:1-2 King James Version (KJV)
1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
I fear for some. Some posters, just on this forum, have misrepresented what was posted to them to the point of being lies, railings, and slander. Yet they profess sinless perfection. I wouldn't want to be them on Judgment Day. Because God will require of them absolute sinless perfection.
Old 05-18-2018, 01:44 PM
Banned

Michael, don't you believe in Predestination through election?
Old 05-18-2018, 01:48 PM
Registered Member

Does Jesus Christ expect our works to be perfect?

Rev. 3:2

2Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.

Christ is speaking to the Church at Sardis here. But is he not speaking to all his saints by the Spirit the same thing? Here we are in 21st century America teaching we cannot cease from sin or be perfect in our walk with Christ.

And yet Jesus who is the HEAD OF THE CHURCH is reproving a New Testament Apostolic Church because THEIR WORKS ARE NOT PERFECT! So we should be able to see this is what our Lord is expecting from us.

So my friends is it just inconsequential that Jesus warns about our works not being perfect? Lets follow the story.

3Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

WOOOOH.....if our works are not perfect, and we do not repent we will not be raptured! Instead Jesus coming will be to us like a thief. A rather huge consequence.

4Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.

Now Jesus encourages those among them that have been faithful to him. Those who have not defiled their garments. In other words those without spot, wrinkle, or blemish. Those who have no sin in their life.

What happens to the rest? Those whose works are not perfect? Whose garments have been defiled? Who have not repented?

Let us see in the next verse.

5He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Jesus said he will blot out of his book all whose works are not perfect. Anyone who has defiled his garments.

How monumental of consequences we are threatened with by Jesus if we dont overcome.

So the consequences are two fold.

Miss the rapture. Name blotted out of the book of life.

Apostolic Christians be warned!
Old 05-18-2018, 01:50 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
If one professes sinless perfection and their not sinlessly perfect, they'll be condemned to Hell.
Matthew 7:1-2 King James Version (KJV)
1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
I fear for some. Some posters, just on this forum, have misrepresented what was posted to them to the point of being lies, railings, and slander. Yet they profess sinless perfection. I wouldn't want to be them on Judgment Day. Because God will require of them absolute sinless perfection.
Aquila, what you are missing is that sinless perfection is the standard by which we ALL ARE GOING TO BE JUDGED!
Old 05-18-2018, 01:52 PM
Registered Member

I believe we can have a mature walk with God, I also believe we can have a right attitude and spirit as well we can walk carefully before the Lord. But I also believe we will sin at some point without doubt we all will sin. In what way im not sure but thank God we have an advocate. remember a righteous man falls seven times and gets back up. even understanding we are not perfect there is still no justification or excuse to have sin active in our lives.
Old 05-18-2018, 01:52 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
Michael, don't you believe in Predestination through election?
I believe in predestination but not eternal security.
Old 05-18-2018, 01:55 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
I believe in predestination but not eternal security.
what do you believe about predestination. who was predestined?
Old 05-18-2018, 01:59 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostolic1ness View Post
I believe we can have a mature walk with God, I also believe we can have a right attitude and spirit as well we can walk carefully before the Lord. But I also believe we will sin at some point without doubt we all will sin. In what way im not sure but thank God we have an advocate. remember a righteous man falls seven times and gets back up. even understanding we are not perfect there is still no justification or excuse to have sin active in our lives.
Jesus does not agree that we all will sin. He does tell us what to do IF we sin.

1 John 2:1

1My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

Why should we think we will no doubt sin when the Holy Spirit tells us we are DEAD TO SIN?

Romans 6:1-2

1What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 2God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?