Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-18-2013, 12:26 PM
Registered Member

Re: Memories of Sister Cindy Nash.

Today reality has finally set in ~ My best friend is being laid to rest~ When I got up this morning and got on FB , only for a brief second, I found myself looking for Mrs. C . She would always txt me if she did not see me online and if I did not respond to the txt, she would call me. I can not believe she is gone and I wont ever get to speak with her again. Her laughter, her encouragement and her strength she freely gave is no more and my world has been left with a big hole in it. Only once in your life will you find someone that makes an impression on and in your life as Mrs. Cindy did in mine. My husband loved her from speaking with her once. He knows what kind of friend she was to me....a God send! BT, the flowers were beautiful. My husband and I were headed down to Mineola as soon as we got things settled here in Montana, so we could take her and Mike out to dinner for a late BD present. For me to say thank you for all she did in my life and for me to be able to give her the biggest hug ever. But now, this is something that will never happen! Not only did she tell me how she felt God had connected us but she and I were a lot alike. She once told me "us small people have to stick together" Both of us are short and small. When we first met and she seen my pic, she asked me how much did I weigh, I told her 103 pounds at 5 feet tall, she laughed and said, " yep you and I will get along just fine." I miss my buddy and friend. I miss her like when my Gramma died and it felt as if my world would end. AFF, FB and my life will not ever be the same~

May the sun bring you new energy by day, the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently through the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life~
(¯`•´¯) ★.¸¸.•*♥
*• ¸.•*☆ *♥ ☯♪♥ N ҉ A ҉ M ҉ A ҉ S ҉ T ҉ E ♥♪☯
✿°`'•.¸¸*°✿✿°`'•.¸¸*°✿✿°`'•.¸¸*°✿
Old 05-18-2013, 03:26 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mrs View Post
Been Thinkin, The flowers are BEAUTIFUL! Thank you so much for doing this for Sis. Cindy and for the forum!

And a great big shout out to Sis. Falla's brother & wife for going and taking pics for us all!
The flowers are absolutely beautiful, BT! Thank you for including us in them. And Sis Falla, I appreciate you making sure that we got to see them.

I'm so glad that there was at least one person at the service today to represent AFF. I wonder if those who went would mind sharing with us how the service went? Was it a beautiful tribute to our Cindy? I'm sure it was. But it would just be so nice to hear it. Is her family holding up ok?

The first thing I did this morning after I got out of the shower was to sit on the side of my bed and pray for Cindy's family - those there in Texas as well as those who can't be there right now. My heart aches for them. We're hurting here, and most of us never even got to know Cindy "in person". Imagine how they must be feeling

Oh, but on the other hand - imagine how CINDY is feeling right now!!! Oh the joy of being to see Jesus face to face and be in His very presence.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:15 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margies3 View Post
The flowers are absolutely beautiful, BT! Thank you for including us in them. And Sis Falla, I appreciate you making sure that we got to see them.

I'm so glad that there was at least one person at the service today to represent AFF. I wonder if those who went would mind sharing with us how the service went? Was it a beautiful tribute to our Cindy? I'm sure it was. But it would just be so nice to hear it. Is her family holding up ok?

The first thing I did this morning after I got out of the shower was to sit on the side of my bed and pray for Cindy's family - those there in Texas as well as those who can't be there right now. My heart aches for them. We're hurting here, and most of us never even got to know Cindy "in person". Imagine how they must be feeling

Oh, but on the other hand - imagine how CINDY is feeling right now!!! Oh the joy of being to see Jesus face to face and be in His very presence.

It was a great honor to be a part of the celebration of the life of such an awesome person as Cindy Nash. Thanks for all the kind words about the flowers. Also, thanks to Sis. Falla for making the pictures of the flowers. I also received similar photos from the funeral home by email. I have attached those photos to a copy of the poem and saved it in a pdf format. I am attaching it to this post in case someone might like to have it in memory of Cindy. Can someone tell me, if a person wanted a copy, can they download the pdf file from this post? Thanks for the many comments about the flowers. It was my privilege to be able to do this.

Good Grief_Layout 1.pdf

Been Thinkin

LIFE: Some days you're the dog and some days you're the hydrant!

I have ... Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia! The fear of long words.

"Prediction is very hard, especially about the future." - Yogi Berra

"I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave in reflection." - Thomas Paine
Old 05-22-2013, 11:58 AM
Jellybean!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeenThinkin View Post
Can someone tell me, if a person wanted a copy, can they download the pdf file from this post?
Yes. When I click on the attachment, I get an option to 'open' or 'save'. It's saved as a PDF on my desktop now.

Thanks BT!
Old 05-23-2013, 03:17 PM
Wouldn't Take Nothin' For My Journey Now!

I found this Pic of our Precious Cindy Nash on their church website.
Taken at a luncheon at New Life UPC, Mineola, TX. It is so sweet of her!

Hugs,
Falla39
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cindy2.jpg (66.4 KB, 26 views)

Last edited by Falla39; 05-23-2013 at 03:23 PM.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:10 PM
Repent and believe the Gospel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falla39 View Post
I found this Pic of our Precious Cindy Nash on their church website.
Taken at a luncheon at New Life UPC, Mineola, TX. It is so sweet of her!

Hugs,
Falla39
Thank you Sister Falla!

Scripture is its own interpreter. Nothing can cut a diamond but a diamond. Nothing can interpret Scripture but Scripture" Thomas Watson.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:33 PM
Registered Member

I remember Cindy and I would occasionally joke around about I being her future son-in-law. I told her I would marry her daughter and she said no! lol
Old 05-23-2013, 05:53 PM
Wouldn't Take Nothin' For My Journey Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob's Ladder View Post
I remember Cindy and I would occasionally joke around about I being her future son-in-law. I told her I would marry her daughter and she said no! lol
Jacob's Ladder, I can just hearing her saying that! LOL!
Old 05-23-2013, 08:08 PM
Registered Member

The flowers are beautiful!
Thank you for the pictures!

You know what I miss most about Cindy, knowing that there was at least one person in my corner.

I believe she cared for me, even though we never met and that can't honestly be said about everyone.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:55 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post
The flowers are beautiful!
Thank you for the pictures!

You know what I miss most about Cindy, knowing that there was at least one person in my corner.

I believe she cared for me, even though we never met and that can't honestly be said about everyone.

Thanks Jermyn. And you can believe that she was in your corner! (And there might be more in your corner than you know!) Great lady, a great example of Godliness! She's gonna be surprised when all of her AFF friends, that she never met, get to Heaven and start identify themselves. But, who knows, she may already know us now?

Been Thinkin

LIFE: Some days you're the dog and some days you're the hydrant!

I have ... Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia! The fear of long words.

"Prediction is very hard, especially about the future." - Yogi Berra

"I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave in reflection." - Thomas Paine