Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-24-2012, 10:17 PM
God's Son

Re: Looking for info about Mark Hanby or Verbal Be

Sin starts in the mind. When it conceives, it brings forth death. Discussing gritty details of someone's downfall doesn't help anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Mark Hanby is still alive, isn't he? Maybe it's good to look at some of the things that caused his fall so we can learn from his mistakes and avoid some of what happened to him. I'm not sure how we humans can do this in a balanced way without judging him or gossiping about him.

Legalism has no pity on people. Legalism makes my opinion your burden, makes opinion your boundary, makes my opinion your obligation-Lucado

Some get spiritual because they see the light. Others because they feel the heat.Ray Wylie Hubbard

Definition of legalism- Damned if you do. Damned if you don't. TV
Old 05-25-2012, 01:09 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv1a View Post
Sin starts in the mind. When it conceives, it brings forth death. Discussing gritty details of someone's downfall doesn't help anyone.
You may have a point.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:07 AM
of 9!! :)

Quote:
You are so right.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:28 AM
Mr. Stewart

Quote:
He fell because he got too big for the mothership.
?????

Either the United States will destroy ignorance, or ignorance will destroy the United States. – W.E.B. DuBois
My Countdown Counting down to: The Apocolypse
Old 05-25-2012, 08:30 AM
crakjak

Quote:
And the "mothership" did not equip him for growth, he lack the maturity and strength of character, discipline to possess the power and authority in the lives of folks that was suddenly thrush upon him.

The principle can be summarize in the Psalm, "...the fool (immature) and his money is quickly departed..."
For it is written, "As I live, says the Lord every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall give praise to God. (Romans 14:11- NASB)

www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org
Old 05-25-2012, 09:31 AM
Pride of the Neighborhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
The key to having what Bro. Bean had is to develop a life of passionate prayer. There is nothing that you will get from God without prayer, fasting, and dedication to reading and study of the Word of God. Without these things, you will not attain the heights that he did.

Second, you need to remain humble. This means that you will have to endure mockings, ridicule, scorn, and scoffers. You will have to understand that you are going to be misunderstood and misrepresented. You will have endure all of it with a good attitude. Read his books, and make them a study.

Also, study the life of Bro. Barnes, Sis. Eastridge, Sis. Ellis, and Bro. and Sis. Freeman. Every one of these people lived in that realm that you wish to enter.

Remain accountable to holy men of God. This will help you to remain grounded, and will help you to avoid going into false doctrine. Be faithful to God, and He will be faithful to you.

I hope that this is helpful. This is by far not the only things, but I do hope that they help. I am not there, but I would like to be myself.
I don't think the goal should ever be to "attain" certain heights or depths. It should solely be to seek after Christ. The by product of a close relationship w Him is the fruit of the Spirit and the gifts of the Spirit. Seeking God with any other motive is wrong.

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:33 AM
Pride of the Neighborhood

Quote:
He fell because he's a fallen human being, just like you and me.

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:44 AM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
I did not mean for my remark to sound critical of you. I was merely echoing your sentiment as I had never heard the accusation leveled against him and was interested in hearing the truth from someone who would be more likely to have first hand knowledge. I am sorry if I did not make that clear.

Jay,
I did not intend to "accuse" Verbal Bean of anything and maybe I should not have said what I did because it could be classified as "tale bearing." However, it seems to me (I'm getting old and the memory ain't what it used to be) that the "will a doo" thing was mentioned in a post here some time back and that Eld. Epley did say he knew about it happening and didn't agree with it when it was done. Again, that's why I asked Eld. Epley to either corroborate or correct what I had said.

Both Mark Hanby and Verbal Bean were pretty visible among us at one time. Both seemed to have powerful ministries and seemed to have people who really loved them and people who were strongly against them. So of course stories about them --both good stuff and bad stuff--- may have grown during time.

Apostolic in doctrine
Pentecostal in experience
Charismatic in practice
Non-denominational in affiliation
Inter-denominational in fellowship
Old 05-25-2012, 10:17 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crakjak View Post
And the "mothership" did not equip him for growth, he lack the maturity and strength of character, discipline to possess the power and authority in the lives of folks that was suddenly thrush upon him.

The principle can be summarize in the Psalm, "...the fool (immature) and his money is quickly departed..."
CJ - are you blaming the "mothership"?
Old 05-25-2012, 10:21 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacon blues View Post
He fell because he's a fallen human being, just like you and me.
Exactly