Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-16-2007, 07:43 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTULLOCK View Post
EE, what part of that says they are not oneness? I have heard him reach about the HG and state that they baptize in Jesus name.

I have not been there personally, but I know some one that goes there. She loves it. I can not speak for him, but the church that he is taking over seems to be a trinitarian church at least that is what I have been taught by my former pastor. Though after careful review it seems as if they are Jesus name baptizers.
"Careful review?" Nothing is in their statement about Jesus Name baptism. Christ Church has the same veiw of baptism but it clearly states they baptize in Jesus Name. The "Tri-une God?" a Oneness church???????????
NOT one word of their statement has anything that sounds Oneness. Even their statement about the HGB says nothing about tongues?

Can we find secret disciples AFTER Pentecost?
Old 08-16-2007, 08:07 AM
philjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
"Careful review?" Nothing is in their statement about Jesus Name baptism. Christ Church has the same veiw of baptism but it clearly states they baptize in Jesus Name. The "Tri-une God?" a Oneness church???????????
NOT one word of their statement has anything that sounds Oneness. Even their statement about the HGB says nothing about tongues?

Can we find secret disciples AFTER Pentecost?
You will also note in their SOB story that it was the "everlasting son" who put on flesh to come to earth to reveal the father. That is no where near oneness theology.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:18 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philjones View Post
You will also note in their SOB story that it was the "everlasting son" who put on flesh to come to earth to reveal the father. That is no where near oneness theology.
Yes I did see that.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:22 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri View Post
Anyone know Judith's maiden name?
Judith used to be Judy Williams,from Tulsa,Ok.Her dad, John D Williams was my pastor.Her grandparents were C.P. and Mary Williams who had the old Apostolic bible school in Tulsa.
Her parents sent her off to JCM to get her away from a guy she was dating.There she met Terry Crist and married him but did'nt tell her parents and continued to live in the girls dorm until I spilled the beans and told everyone.I don't think I've talked to her or Terry since lol.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:23 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHILL View Post
Judith used to be Judy Williams,from Tulsa,Ok.Her dad, John D Williams was my pastor.Her grandparents were C.P. and Mary Williams who had the old Apostolic bible school in Tulsa.
Her parents sent her off to JCM to get her away from a guy she was dating.There she met Terry Crist and married him but did'nt tell her parents and continued to live in the girls dorm until I spilled the beans and told everyone.I don't think I've talked to her or Terry since lol.
He must have been a VERY understandting husband to be a young man and allow his wife to live in the girls dorm!!! No way that would have happened with me.

That is interesting about her name. I have a cousin who I grew up knowing as "Judy" who also switched to "Judith" later.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:00 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
The this explains everything. JD. Williams died pastoring a Charismatic church(and there is long sad story here and you don't want to hear it) her mother is Mark Hanby's sister. C.P. & Mary Williams were legends and she certainly is not following their footsteps however her sister did. She died and was married to an Apostolic preacher.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:02 PM
Me and my sister Terri

Quote:
lol..I remember they got married while at JCM. They are doing great things, God put them together. Judith is very talented also.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:06 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
lol..I remember they got married while at JCM. They are doing great things, God put them together. Judith is very talented also.
Her father and mother were both very talented.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:48 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
Her father and mother were both very talented.
They were very talented,John Williams was a very gifted guitar player and encouraged me to play music when I was a kid,he took quite a interest in us,took us to concerts, etc.Too bad he did'nt live up to what he preached.
Our church split because of his indiscretions and our assistant pastor, Gary Howard took the split and has done well.
Judy and Terry were into some weird stuff when they pastored in Tulsa.They would have everyone throw up into bags to get rid of bad spirits,attitudes or something bad.I believe they quit that stuff.I hope they are doing well but don't agree with their beliefs.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:42 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
They were very talented,John Williams was a very gifted guitar player and encouraged me to play music when I was a kid,he took quite a interest in us,took us to concerts, etc.Too bad he did'nt live up to what he preached.
Our church split because of his indiscretions and our assistant pastor, Gary Howard took the split and has done well.
Judy and Terry were into some weird stuff when they pastored in Tulsa.They would have everyone throw up into bags to get rid of bad spirits,attitudes or something bad.I believe they quit that stuff.I hope they are doing well but don't agree with their beliefs.
I knew the Stills.