Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-03-2008, 02:27 PM
Registered Member

Re: What's the Current Preacher's Car?

Wow how some preachers have hurt some of you for you now to be ragging on them about their car. I want my Pastor to drive the best car possible. If he is blessed than I am blessed.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:28 PM
Live like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_PoMo View Post
No, he's an uber con in the UPC. TV? He wouldn't even allow vid cameras in his church for weddings. Well, until he had a grandbabby and somehow he 'saw the light' on video cameras. no, he doesn't have alot of wealthy people in his congregation from what I can tell. Unless you count his SIL who is his asst. pastor so I guess that doesn't count. But he does have complete and total control of everything and runs it with an iron fist. People support him because he's convinced them that to leave is to go to hell. But that's another post and it has nothing to do w/cars.
Indeed lol

Psalm 19:14
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
My Countdown Counting down to: Spring...
April Showers Bring May Flowers!
Old 03-03-2008, 02:32 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaylock View Post
Wow how some preachers have hurt some of you for you now to be ragging on them about their car. I want my Pastor to drive the best car possible. If he is blessed than I am blessed.
I'd love for my pastor to drive a nice car. But the best car possible? As in the most expensive? Should that really be what you want for your pastor? Shouldn't our focus be on the spiritual rather than the material?
Old 03-03-2008, 02:37 PM
^ = A_Post-Modern

Quote:
The WoF doctrine is alive and well! Charles Mahaney would be proud, RIP.
"Most human beings are not able to stand the message of the shaking of foundations. They reject and attack the prophetic minds, not because they really disagree with them, but because they sense the truth of their words and cannot receive it." Paul Tillich
Old 03-03-2008, 02:46 PM
Forever Loved Admin

I think pastor's should have a reliable car as a lot of ministry involves gettting from one place to the other. They should not have to drive a "junker". That's like people use to think all Texans were rich from oil wells and drove Caddy's........lol
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 03-03-2008, 02:49 PM
^ = A_Post-Modern

Quote:
Originally Posted by cneasttx View Post
I think pastor's should have a reliable car as a lot of ministry involves gettting from one place to the other. They should not have to drive a "junker". That's like people use to think all Texans were rich from oil wells and drove Caddy's........lol
What? You don't? Well, blow me over! I'll bet Dizzy will try to say that everybody in CA doesn't drive a VW with a flower on the dash.

You're right, pastors need reliable cars. Not fancy ones.
"Most human beings are not able to stand the message of the shaking of foundations. They reject and attack the prophetic minds, not because they really disagree with them, but because they sense the truth of their words and cannot receive it." Paul Tillich
Old 03-03-2008, 02:53 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
What? You don't? Well, blow me over! I'll bet Dizzy will try to say that everybody in CA doesn't drive a VW with a flower on the dash.

Oh gosh, took me forever to talk my husband into buying a new car for a change.......lol
So I drive my Saturn and he drives his Dodge something big old thing. And a Chevy pick up. Now he needs another more economical car........lol
BTW VW's are very popular here right now. I would like to have one myself.....
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 03-03-2008, 02:55 PM
Beautiful are the feet......

Quote:
I think a pastor has to use wisdom. In my opionion, he should drive a nice car, but not necessarily a super luxury car like a Rolls Royce.

If a church is affluent, then I see no reason why a pastor shouldn't drive a BMW, Mercedes or Lexus. If a church is basically low income, such a purchase could cause some in the church to wonder where your priorities were.

I think a pastor should have a nice car because they have to drive a lot to hospitals, funerals, camp meetings, special events, etc. I wouldn't want my pastor to have a car that could possibly break down on a trip! I want my pastor to have the best car that is appropriate.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:02 PM
Forever Loved Admin

I think we all agree with this PM.

Old 03-03-2008, 03:03 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

What? That's right bro. and don't forget it!! Actually if you live in the central valley, the vehicle of choice would be a huge truck or SUV!