Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 02-18-2018, 06:32 PM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Re: Current UPC article of faith and TV/theaters??

Cool. Cool. THE AOF used to be on the UPCI website. Now it is not.
Old 02-18-2018, 06:33 PM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Do they still sign the infernal document?
Old 02-18-2018, 06:43 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
This was penned there was no internet, or smart phones.

Also the men who wrote those words have gone unto their reward. They also may never even dreamed we would be in the place we have found ourselves today.
Do you feel that is hypocritical to ban television and allow the use of internet then? What would be an appropriate response to the issue then? How would you revise the AOF? Just curious.

Last edited by consapente89; 02-18-2018 at 06:50 PM.
Old 02-18-2018, 07:14 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by consapente89 View Post
Do you feel that is hypocritical to ban television and allow the use of internet then?
I have never own a television since I have been in the Apostolic faith. Still don't have one. I have debated the issue between television and internet. With brothers who are ant-internet, and pro-television. When I would do that, there was no such thing as smart phones. The internet wasn't even to the place it is now. I preach that the Internet makes television look like a joke. Television is a skateboard and the Internet is a V12 rocket. I still cannot see the value in television, but what ever technology you have and currently use? You better be praying more than a tabernacle plan, or some prayer wheel. You better be having some sober prayer, real firebreating stripped down to the bone prayer in your life. Sanctification is within and without. Internet can take you straight to a lake of fire by the nap of your neck. While it beats your head against the walls red with flames. I don't preach that people need to get rid of smart phones, lap tops, tablets, or IPads. Who you are in the dark is the real YOU. You can run but you sure can't hide, and your sin will always find you out. You may escape man's judgement, but you cannot escape the final judgement. While we are all alone in places where no one can see us, while we believe it is all hidden away from family, spouses, saints, ministry. We cannot hide it from Jesus, or from ourselves. oh, the conscience can be seared clean away, where surfing the darkside of the internet ruins a life. While everyone sees the perfect picture of Hazelwood Missouri on the outside. The Lord Jesus sees nothing more than a sparkling tomb filled to capacity with dead men's putrefying corpses.
Old 02-18-2018, 07:24 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Internet is going the way of cable TV. It was the Great Escape from all the stupid advertising. Until it was taken over by the Stupid Advertising cult.

Internet? Same-same. Google has become next to useless for finding anything other than some clickbait consumerist advertising junk. Etc etc etc.

I'm almost ready to pull the plug on the intardnet. Other than email, I've lost interest. An I've got over 50,000 unread emails. lol

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 02-18-2018, 07:44 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I have never own a television since I have been in the Apostolic faith. Still don't have one. I have debated the issue between television and internet. With brothers who are ant-internet, and pro-television. When I would do that, there was no such thing as smart phones. The internet wasn't even to the place it is now. I preach that the Internet makes television look like a joke. Television is a skateboard and the Internet is a V12 rocket. I still cannot see the value in television, but what ever technology you have and currently use? You better be praying more than a tabernacle plan, or some prayer wheel. You better be having some sober prayer, real firebreating stripped down to the bone prayer in your life. Sanctification is within and without. Internet can take you straight to a lake of fire by the nap of your neck. While it beats your head against the walls red with flames. I don't preach that people need to get rid of smart phones, lap tops, tablets, or IPads. Who you are in the dark is the real YOU. You can run but you sure can't hide, and your sin will always find you out. You may escape man's judgement, but you cannot escape the final judgement. While we are all alone in places where no one can see us, while we believe it is all hidden away from family, spouses, saints, ministry. We cannot hide it from Jesus, or from ourselves. oh, the conscience can be seared clean away, where surfing the darkside of the internet ruins a life. While everyone sees the perfect picture of Hazelwood Missouri on the outside. The Lord Jesus sees nothing more than a sparkling tomb filled to capacity with dead men's putrefying corpses.
I agree. I guess I see no potential for good in television. We preach against all types of Hollywood entertainment. Also preach against unrestricted use of internet. I agree that internet has way more potential for destruction and the devastating results of its abuse are tenfold to that of television. Probably more than that. The potential for positive use is greater as well, however.
Old 02-18-2018, 08:15 PM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:

TV bores me to tears. My husband watches news & sports. I like to watch educational material, particularly history. My greatest interest and pursuit is studying the bible. My desire is to live a life that is pleasing to God and that myself, family and friends be saved.

Last edited by Amanah; 02-18-2018 at 08:19 PM.
Old 02-18-2018, 08:36 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post

TV bores me to tears. My husband watches news & sports. I like to watch educational material, particularly history. My greatest interest and pursuit is studying the bible. My desire is to live a life that is pleasing to God and that myself, family and friends be saved.
Amen!
Old 02-18-2018, 08:41 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Internet is going the way of cable TV. It was the Great Escape from all the stupid advertising. Until it was taken over by the Stupid Advertising cult.

Internet? Same-same. Google has become next to useless for finding anything other than some clickbait consumerist advertising junk. Etc etc etc.

I'm almost ready to pull the plug on the intardnet. Other than email, I've lost interest. An I've got over 50,000 unread emails. lol

Amen, when I found out Mark Zuckerberg places a cut of earplug wire in his lap top so his mic can't pick up sound. I knew that internet was going to make 1984 look like Dick and Jane first readers.
Old 02-18-2018, 08:45 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by consapente89 View Post
I agree. I guess I see no potential for good in television. We preach against all types of Hollywood entertainment. Also preach against unrestricted use of internet. I agree that internet has way more potential for destruction and the devastating results of its abuse are tenfold to that of television. Probably more than that. The potential for positive use is greater as well, however.
That my dear brother is the bullet to the brain.

Hence the reason for praying more than time spent on the internet is paramount.