Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 07-28-2014, 03:25 PM
Registered Member

Thank you all for being mean

PLEASE TAKE THE MATTER UP WITH GOD! GOD IS LOVE AND IF YOU ALL THINK GOD CANNOT SEE YOUR MEAN AND RUDE RESPONSES TO ME THEN THINK AGAIN ALL THESE MEAN RESPONSES MAKES ME ASHAMED OF YOU ALL!! I DONT DESERVE THIS SO WHAT IF I DONT USE PUNCUATION ARE YOU CHRISTIANS OR NOT DO YOU THINK GOD CARES ABOUT THAT! LOOK IF YOU ALL CANNOT WRITE A NICE RESPONSE THEN DONT WRITE ANYTHING AT ALL! I SEE THE DEVIL IS ONCE AGAIN USES THE SAINTS TO TORTURE AND TORMENT ME BUT GOD BLESS YOU! I KNOW I AM GETTING SICK OF CHRISTIANS BEING RUDE TO ME ON THIS SITE I AM ASHAMED OF YOU BECAUSE PEOPLE IN MY CHURCH DONT ACT LIKE THIS WHAT DID I EVER DO YO ANY OF YOU TO DESERVE THIS ILL TREATMENT FROM YOU JUST POST REQUESTS TO YOU CAUSE I NEEDED SOMEODY TO BIND IN PRAYER WITH ME ,BUT PLEASE DONT PRAY I DONT NEED RUDE PEOPLE PRAYING I WOULD RATHER NOT HAVE YOU PRAY FOR ME I PRAY AND PRAY , AND I KNOW GOD IS ON MY SIDE CAUSE I HAVE HIM. I WONDER HOW HE FEELS ABOUT THIS RUDE BEHAVIOR FROM YOU ALL. but please don't worry I will never ever poat anther prayer request on here I don't need people like this praying for me and please don't tell me you love me either cause if you love the brethren you don't offend them, jesus said if you offend one of these little ones who believe in me it were better that a mill stone to be hanged around your neck and you were cast into the depth of the sea!!!!! galatains chapter 5 but the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness ,goodness, faith, meekness, temperance, against such there is no law. AND DONT YOU ALL DARE SARE THESE MEAN RESPONSES ARE FRUITS OF THE LORD! I leave you with this, I really hope you all check where your hearts are if you al can be mean to me, who else are you killing in the spirit. the bible says thou shalt not kill!!1 thanks for killing me in the spirit i don't even want talk to any other apostolics now, GOD BLESS YOU
Old 07-28-2014, 03:43 PM
Registered Member

Re: Thank you all for being mean

Georgia, I see you are from Kentucky, I think the majority of the people think they are higher classed than those of us who live further South, or that's the feeling I get. I have never felt accepted here, and rarely post, and I am from Mississippi. I'm sorry you have been hurt by these people.
Old 07-28-2014, 03:46 PM
On the road less traveled

Sis. Georgie, I am sorry that the posts from some on here have come across as mean and rude. You kinda have to have a "tough skin" around here. I'm sure they meant you no harm.

It sounds like you have a lot of difficulties going on, and yet you are trusting in the Lord for His help. I will certainly pray that the Lord blesses, and helps you through the tough places you are in.
Old 07-28-2014, 03:47 PM
On the road less traveled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Scarlett View Post
Georgia, I see you are from Kentucky, I think the majority of the people think they are higher classed than those of us who live further South, or that's the feeling I get. I have never felt accepted here, and rarely post, and I am from Mississippi. I'm sorry you have been hurt by these people.
I don't think this has anything to do with where you live.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Scarlett View Post
Miss Scarlett, I am from Tennessee so we have as many rednecks and hillbillies as Kentucky and almost as many as Mississippi!

On a serious note I agree with the other poster that I don't think geography is any part of how people respond to a poster. There are a lot of things that affect how one is received and all have nothing to do with geography.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 07-28-2014, 05:14 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

There are alot of things that are hard to transmit through online messages...intent and tongue in cheek humor being a couple of things. First off I never claimed to be a "saint" Im a burnt out sleep deprived EMT that just got off a long stressful 72 hour shift.Secondly I dont hold myself better than anyone.I spent part of my night comforting a hysterical drunk/stoned prostitute that had the back of her head split open from a angry boyfriend....blood everywhere...I held her hand trying to calm her down while we rushed to the ER...we have nothing in common except the color of our blood...some of which I am wearing knowing that she probably has some Hep A B or C or HIV...My point being...Do I make poor attempts at joking and humor? Yes. Does it mean I look down on you and what you are going through? No. I am probably one of the most compassionate people you ever will meet.I dont hate you...despise you or wish any harm to you in fact I pray that the mighty God creator of heaven and earth will bless you and keep His hand on you....dont be so quick to judge.Just because we pick on you a bit doesnt mean we dont like you...sometimes its how we show we DO like you.
Old 07-28-2014, 09:33 PM
Registered Member

Please dont take me wrong when i post i really dont mean much harm but i come here to let off steam and sometimes i get offensive if i do then please forgive me LOL but seriously i do have some reading problems where i have to read slower than normal i guess my brain does not kick in the right way

Sorry
Old 07-29-2014, 12:00 AM
Registered Member

I just want to let Sis Georgia know I will pray. "1Peter 4:12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy" Everything you are going through is very tough, but God is at work in your life and it will be worth it if you continue to walk in your faith and integrity. Also, don't let some posts get next to you.
I am new to this forum, but I have been reading many of the threads and I have seen where many are trying to be humorous and I don't think anything is meant other than to be comical. I do see though, that you are posting a prayer request and the humor would be suited better in the debate room or somewhere more like.
P.S. keep the peace and love Jesus
Old 07-29-2014, 08:00 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by good samaritan View Post
I just want to let Sis Georgia know I will pray. "1Peter 4:12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy" Everything you are going through is very tough, but God is at work in your life and it will be worth it if you continue to walk in your faith and integrity. Also, don't let some posts get next to you.
I am new to this forum, but I have been reading many of the threads and I have seen where many are trying to be humorous and I don't think anything is meant other than to be comical. I do see though, that you are posting a prayer request and the humor would be suited better in the debate room or somewhere more like.
P.S. keep the peace and love Jesus

When Peter wrote about the fiery trials that would try us, he wasn't talking about posting on a self-moderated internet chat forum for Christians of a related background.

Sorry, try again.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:03 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiebowling View Post
PLEASE TAKE THE MATTER UP WITH GOD! GOD IS LOVE AND IF YOU ALL THINK GOD CANNOT SEE YOUR MEAN AND RUDE RESPONSES TO ME THEN THINK AGAIN ALL THESE MEAN RESPONSES MAKES ME ASHAMED OF YOU ALL!! I DONT DESERVE THIS SO WHAT IF I DONT USE PUNCUATION ARE YOU CHRISTIANS OR NOT DO YOU THINK GOD CARES ABOUT THAT! LOOK IF YOU ALL CANNOT WRITE A NICE RESPONSE THEN DONT WRITE ANYTHING AT ALL! I SEE THE DEVIL IS ONCE AGAIN USES THE SAINTS TO TORTURE AND TORMENT ME BUT GOD BLESS YOU! I KNOW I AM GETTING SICK OF CHRISTIANS BEING RUDE TO ME ON THIS SITE I AM ASHAMED OF YOU BECAUSE PEOPLE IN MY CHURCH DONT ACT LIKE THIS WHAT DID I EVER DO YO ANY OF YOU TO DESERVE THIS ILL TREATMENT FROM YOU JUST POST REQUESTS TO YOU CAUSE I NEEDED SOMEODY TO BIND IN PRAYER WITH ME ,BUT PLEASE DONT PRAY I DONT NEED RUDE PEOPLE PRAYING I WOULD RATHER NOT HAVE YOU PRAY FOR ME I PRAY AND PRAY , AND I KNOW GOD IS ON MY SIDE CAUSE I HAVE HIM. I WONDER HOW HE FEELS ABOUT THIS RUDE BEHAVIOR FROM YOU ALL. but please don't worry I will never ever poat anther prayer request on here I don't need people like this praying for me and please don't tell me you love me either cause if you love the brethren you don't offend them, jesus said if you offend one of these little ones who believe in me it were better that a mill stone to be hanged around your neck and you were cast into the depth of the sea!!!!! galatains chapter 5 but the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness ,goodness, faith, meekness, temperance, against such there is no law. AND DONT YOU ALL DARE SARE THESE MEAN RESPONSES ARE FRUITS OF THE LORD! I leave you with this, I really hope you all check where your hearts are if you al can be mean to me, who else are you killing in the spirit. the bible says thou shalt not kill!!1 thanks for killing me in the spirit i don't even want talk to any other apostolics now, GOD BLESS YOU
Good grief!

If an internet forum killed your spirit, you were almost dead anyway. Get reconnected to Jesus and stop stubbing your toe on human beings.