Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-07-2018, 07:54 PM
Registered Member

Bind With Me In Prayer

Brothers and Sisters,

I realize I haven't been a part of Apostolic Friends Forum too long, but I felt led to reach out to all of you to bind with me in prayer. I am facing a major decision in my life. Well, I suppose that all depends on how you look at what I am facing. I am a college-aged young adult with divorced parents. Right now I am living with my Father and Bonus Mom (we don't do the "step" thing around here), and my two brothers (who are biologically only my Bonus Mom's sons). I have been rotating my weeks between my Father and Mother's houses, especially since my latest semester of college concluded.

Here's where my issue comes in. I have come to realize that I am quite simply not happy living with my Father and Bonus Mom. No matter how I pray or try to convince myself that I am happy here, I always end up feeling empty and longing for something different. The time I spend with my Mother leads me to be more fulfilled overall. The bond I have with her has been shaky in the past, but in the past year or so, we have gotten exceptionally close all over again.

To make a long story as short as I can, I want to move in with my Mother. To clarify, both of my biological parents are in church; they have repented, been dunked in Jesus' Name, and received the Holy Ghost. Of course, they attend different churches, my Father's being far stricter than my Mother's. I have gotten close to the members of my Mother's church over the past year, and I recently spoke with the pastor's wife about the issue(s) I am facing and the pull I have to move in with my Mother. Aside from simply moving in with Mother, I feel more of a calling and sense of purpose at my Mother's church. It seems I am more at home there. I feel like I have a calling to be there for this church's younger group, and help them to remain steadfast, stay on fire, and be a powerful next generation.

Please, I reach out to all of you to help me pray about this situation. My Father is a God-fearing and Spirit-filled man, but he is not always the easiest person one can talk to. I fear his feelings will be hurt, and also the church family I have been a part of with him for the past three years.

In Jesus' Name,
Brother Belflower
I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
I believe in living a holiness lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, without which no man shall see the Lord.