Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-13-2008, 07:57 PM
Registered Member

Bishop Lewis D. Stallworth Sr.

Bishop Lewis D. Stallworth of Stockton California, passed from this world to his reward on Thursday April 10, 2008 at the age of 85. Bishop Stallworth is an Apostolic legend and was respected by thousands as a man of character and integrity.

The services are as follows:

Wednesday April 16, 2008 Bishop Stallworth will be lying in Sate @ Christ Temple Apostolic Church from 10:00AM - 6:00PM With a Wake Service beginning @ 6:00PM-7:30PM

Thursday April 17, 2008 The Home-going service will be held @ Christian Life Center (The new Sanctuary) beginning at 10:00AM
Old 04-13-2008, 08:20 PM
Mr. Stewart

Re: Bishop Lewis D. Stallworth Sr.

I am sorry to hear that. I had the pleasure of spending some time visiting him while at CLC.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:27 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstew View Post
I am sorry to hear that. I had the pleasure of spending some time visiting him while at CLC.
He invested himself into others, and was a man who took the time to talk with folks on a personal level. I had the privilege of being the last "Bishop" to be ordained/consecrated by him, so I guess I'm a little biased.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:02 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishoph View Post
Bishop Lewis D. Stallworth of Stockton California, passed from this world to his reward on Thursday April 10, 2008 at the age of 85. Bishop Stallworth is an Apostolic legend and was respected by thousands as a man of character and integrity.

The services are as follows:

Wednesday April 16, 2008 Bishop Stallworth will be lying in Sate @ Christ Temple Apostolic Church from 10:00AM - 6:00PM With a Wake Service beginning @ 6:00PM-7:30PM

Thursday April 17, 2008 The Home-going service will be held @ Christian Life Center (The new Sanctuary) beginning at 10:00AM
A great man and saint of God! He sold several cars to my family members over the years because of his salesmanship and integrity. Over 40 years ago he asked me, as a teenage boy, to preach for him and I have felt honored ever since. His many children and descendents are outstanding contributions of Louis Stallworth to our world. God grant him a glorious entrance into your rest!
Raven
Old 04-13-2008, 10:54 PM
Follower of Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
A great man and saint of God! He sold several cars to my family members over the years because of his salesmanship and integrity. Over 40 years ago he asked me, as a teenage boy, to preach for him and I have felt honored ever since. His many children and descendents are outstanding contributions of Louis Stallworth to our world. God grant him a glorious entrance into your rest!
Raven
Amen and Amen!

My Dad and I were talking about the same thing today, he sold cars to my Father as well. He was a good man and he had a good name in the community.

My personal mission is to BRING people into a right relationship with God, GROW them up to maturity and SEND them back into the world to minister.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:01 AM
"One Mind...OneAccord"

Good to hear from the Raven. I've been wondering about you, Brother. I trust all is well.

Waiting for the Lord is easy... Waiting patiently? Not so much.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:02 AM
www.capitalcommunity.ca

A great man and he will be missed!
Old 04-14-2008, 08:10 AM
www.capitalcommunity.ca

I wish I could be at the going home service it will be amazing! I believe that place will be packed out. And ohhhh, the singing, man I want to be there!!!!!!!!
Old 04-14-2008, 01:33 PM
La vie est un voyage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyman View Post
I wish I could be at the going home service it will be amazing! I believe that place will be packed out. And ohhhh, the singing, man I want to be there!!!!!!!!
Not me, I don't like long funerals. Yes he was a great man. I taught in his school a long time ago. I had a couple of his grandkids in my class. He will be missed by many.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:35 PM
www.capitalcommunity.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUNWORTHY View Post
Not me, I don't like long funerals. Yes he was a great man. I taught in his school a long time ago. I had a couple of his grandkids in my class. He will be missed by many.
Actually I don't even go to funerals, just family. But I would love to be at this one.

I used to whip his school in basketball a long time ago, maybe you were there to wipe their tears?? His grandson Louis(?) was on their team, good players. Not good enough, he he he!!!!