Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library
Facebook

Notices

The Library The Library for posting Articles and recommended reading.

Old 07-20-2019, 07:56 PM
Registered Member

Re: What do you recommend for Bible Studies

Thank you, Esaias, that was very helpful!
His banner over me is LOVE.... My soul followeth hard after thee....Love one another with a pure heart fervently. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

To be a servant of God, it will cost us our total commitment to God, and God alone. His burden must be our burden... Sis Alvear
Old 12-02-2019, 05:59 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
Hi,
I'm looking for recommendations for Bible Studies that includes Salvation, Godhead, Second Coming, Church (gifts, gathering, etc...), Daily Living and such.
I have Handbook of Basic Doctrines, New Beginning, Exploring God's word, and Search for Truth 1.

I find some of them or too dense or lacking so I end up picking and choosing. I basically try to follow this:
[Heb 6:1-2 NASB] 1 Therefore leaving the elementary teaching about the Christ, let us press on to maturity, not laying again a foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God, 2 of instruction about washings and laying on of hands, and the resurrection of the dead and eternal judgment.

Do you have any other recommendation I can look at? My goal is to give Bible Studies for salvation but also to continue with them as new-born believers for a full year. I want to help them to know the basic doctrines and then learn good habits (prayer, bible reading), how to fight the good fight (faith, temptations) and choose right over wrong and such.
Yeap that is the way to go (i mean Hebrews 6:1-2)
There are 7 basic dontrines referred there:
-Repentance( works of the flesh) gldly sorrow ,the Cross of Christ ,forgiveness etc.
-Faith toward God: that is th doctrine of Faith, One God,One Lord etc.
-Baptisms=Is not washing but Baptisms, and there are two Baptisms, Wter Baptism ans Spirit baptism.
-Laying of the hand: tyhat is what i found most difficult It involves Ordination (yes!One must be ordained!) but by whom? There is also the doctrines about the five Ministries here and who are those who need to be ordained and who can ordain.
Also the Gifts ,prayer for the sick , casting out demons etc.
-resurrection of the dead: that is about Christ glory, after the work on the Cross He is restirected, gloryfied and the only way to follow Him is to "see His Glory" and grw on knoweldge about the Son of God (we are noa sons and daughters,so it has to do with the glory we HOPE to receive)etc.
- and eternal judgmen: that is just the oposite of the 1st Resturection we need that kind of preaching and "fear the Lord"/

Anyway i suppost you know about this, i just gave you an idea (mostly to know with whom you speak and about what i dont mean about Trinities or "the law tithing" hehe .Just basic Doctrines )
Hmhmhm now, by that ,what comes to my mind is that WE (the Church) are still needing those Basic Doctrines..we dont all have a base till now!
Many people luck knowledge over those basic doctrines!

Let me ask you..what you need? I mean you wanted our opinions ?
I saw you did reference to a book. Ok but the thing people need to grow is the Word and thats the way to go, through the Word alone.
If you mean studying bible studies of other, i think is a wate of time and also dangerous.
You get independent to an other man interpretation and also limited to how,what that person knows.. you may repat a false teaching if not careful or neglect the real importance of another.
The best and only way is directly throught he Word in Spirit.
(***of course i dont know you and so i dont know your teachings, your bacjround etc.
Me personal i stroblgy believe that Orditation is a mast and aslo who teached you or who ordained you.
I dont ask you to tell me i just declare that i dont get involved to anyone's situation or faults.
God bles you.
Old 12-02-2019, 06:22 AM
Registered Member

Apostolic Foundations by Crawford Coon is an excellent resource for teaching new converts.