Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 06-09-2020, 04:12 PM
Registered Member

My talk with a Puerto Rican Cop

I've known Jose since he was a small kid. His parents are from Puerto Rico and are UPC ministers.

A few years ago, Jose joined the police force of a central Florida town of about 30,000.

Off the record, Jose told me that almost every one of his fellow policemen in that town wants to quit. Since the Floyd killing, they are daily harassed, stalked, and shouted at with obscenities. Of course, the vocal minority doing these things does not represent the view of the vast majority of that town's citizens.

Jose also said that the overwhelming consensus of his workmates is that Chauvin did not commit murder, nor realize that his actions would injure Floyd, much less contribute towards his death. Thus, the policemen in that town are very troubled by him being charged with murder, fearing that in the right situation any of them could be charged with the same. There is also a consensus in that department that had Floyd been white, his death would not have made the morning headlines.

For a few years now there has been an overwhelming push to support law enforcement. "Blue Lives Matter" was the popular cry. Those cries have been intimidated into silence. But the thing that troubles me the most is the large amount of Pentecostals I see not waiting for more facts to come out, but joining the deluded masses in virtue signaling and begging forgiveness from black people.