Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 11-16-2020, 08:01 AM
Registered Member

Re: It will take force of arms to remain free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
You’re correct.

When the Children of Israel went to battle who gave them permission?

Now we have the New Covenant, so who gives the believer permission to battle?

Some believers try to justify their anger because of Old Covenant teaching. Yet, Jesus fulfilled what the law lacked.

Exodus 21:23-25 KJVS
[23] And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life,
[24] Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,
[25] Burning for burning, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.

Compared to:

Matthew 5:38-41 KJVS
[38] Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
[39] But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
[40] And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also.
[41] And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.

The Law lacked Love.

The greatest commandment is what???

Mark 12:29-31 KJVS
[29] And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is , Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
[30] And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. [31] And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

Are these commandments greater that Acts 2:38? I believe they are....

Maybe some of you can answer this, I have been asking myself a question. Is God more concerned with the outward man, or the inward man. Is He (God) more concerned about my actions, or the spirit behind my actions?

I see nothing that shows every battle Israel fought was by divine permission. But on the note of war, our Founders never intended for us to be involved in foreign wars. We are finally moving away from that. As far as force of arms to remain free, it seems you are saying we went against God in the American Revolution. I say that any nation that does not conform its laws to natural law is in rebellion against God. Britain disqualified herself from governing us by breaking natural law.

Last edited by Originalist; 11-16-2020 at 08:10 AM.
Old 11-16-2020, 08:16 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
I see nothing that shows every battle Israel fought was by divine permission. But on the note of war, our Founders never intended for us to be involved in foreign wars. We are finally moving away from that. As far as force of arms to remain free, it seems you are saying we went against Go in the American Revolution. I say that any nation that does not conform its laws to natural law is in rebellion against God. Britain disqualified herself from governing us by breaking natural law.
Then study how many times the God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob gave them permission and even in detail told them what to do in battle.

Was the American Revolution ordered by God?

In my opinion the Lord isn’t interested in your freedom physically, yet your freedom spiritually. We are interested in our personal freedom, yet Jesus didn't come and free the Jews from Roman rule, he gave the freedom, that from the beginning of time no one ever had.

Our founders were masons at best. Some were salve owners that had children by slave women. Your telling me, your going to uphold the constitution rather than the convictions of the Holy Book?

You’re going to run yourself ragged trying to shape this nation or waiting for another nation to be founded on and by God.

John 18:36 KJVS
[36] Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

It’s all Spiritual friend.
Old 11-16-2020, 08:55 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
This is awesome, thank you. May I steal it for Facebook?
Sure!

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 11-16-2020, 08:58 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
I love America. I love Florida, and I especially love Louisiana

Now politics is another story. Governing powers that be, and our citizens need to repent. But I love this land, this land is my land, this land is your land from Long Island to California. Come to think of it a communist wrote that song and stole the tune of a Christian song. I still like the song and I love this country.
America the Beautiful should be our national anthem.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 11-16-2020, 09:03 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
I see nothing that shows every battle Israel fought was by divine permission. But on the note of war, our Founders never intended for us to be involved in foreign wars. We are finally moving away from that. As far as force of arms to remain free, it seems you are saying we went against God in the American Revolution. I say that any nation that does not conform its laws to natural law is in rebellion against God. Britain disqualified herself from governing us by breaking natural law.
Deuteronomy 20:1-4 KJV
When thou goest out to battle against thine enemies, and seest horses, and chariots, and a people more than thou, be not afraid of them: for the Lord thy God is with thee, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt. [2] And it shall be, when ye are come nigh unto the battle, that the priest shall approach and speak unto the people, [3] And shall say unto them, Hear, O Israel, ye approach this day unto battle against your enemies: let not your hearts faint, fear not, and do not tremble, neither be ye terrified because of them; [4] For the Lord your God is he that goeth with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you.

Everything Israel does is to be in accordance with the Divine Will, including any military actions. Man shall live by EVERY WORD OF GOD according to Jesus. That means His people are to do NOTHING except by Divine permission. And, they are to do it the way God ordained.

God is our pilot, not our stewardess.

Old 11-16-2020, 09:16 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Deuteronomy 20:1-4 KJV
When thou goest out to battle against thine enemies, and seest horses, and chariots, and a people more than thou, be not afraid of them: for the Lord thy God is with thee, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt. [2] And it shall be, when ye are come nigh unto the battle, that the priest shall approach and speak unto the people, [3] And shall say unto them, Hear, O Israel, ye approach this day unto battle against your enemies: let not your hearts faint, fear not, and do not tremble, neither be ye terrified because of them; [4] For the Lord your God is he that goeth with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you.

Everything Israel does is to be in accordance with the Divine Will, including any military actions. Man shall live by EVERY WORD OF GOD according to Jesus. That means His people are to do NOTHING except by Divine permission. And, they are to do it the way God ordained.

God is our pilot, not our stewardess.
God is our pilot, not our stewardess!!!!!!!

I like that
Old 11-16-2020, 09:59 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
Then study how many times the God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob gave them permission and even in detail told them what to do in battle.

Was the American Revolution ordered by God?

In my opinion the Lord isn’t interested in your freedom physically, yet your freedom spiritually. We are interested in our personal freedom, yet Jesus didn't come and free the Jews from Roman rule, he gave the freedom, that from the beginning of time no one ever had.

Our founders were masons at best. Some were salve owners that had children by slave women. Your telling me, your going to uphold the constitution rather than the convictions of the Holy Book?

You’re going to run yourself ragged trying to shape this nation or waiting for another nation to be founded on and by God.

John 18:36 KJVS
[36] Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

It’s all Spiritual friend.
Yes. God is interested in my freedom. He endowed me with certain inalienable rights. He led our Founders, even if they were imperfect. No doubt.
Old 11-16-2020, 10:16 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Yes. God is interested in my freedom. He endowed me with certain inalienable rights. He led our Founders, even if they were imperfect. No doubt.
God blessed your lineage to end up in the United States, instead of herding goats in Afghanistan.

I love Florida.

I love Dade, Broward counties.

I love the Keys.

I love Louisiana all parts.

I love Utah, but too much snow.
Old 11-16-2020, 10:32 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Yes, God gave all of us a free will. And as your quoting the constitution, you’ll also know that it says, “ life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness”. In my opinion the constitution cannot be read through the eyes of a Acts 2:38 believer. Because the men that wrote it, were not Acts 2:38 believers as far as I know. So a believers happiness is not going to be the same as a sinners happiness, so to say that this nation is going to turn to God and be built on biblical salvation/principles is flawed at its best. Therefore as you fight for this nation your going to fight for abortion, homosexuality, and the list goes on. Why, because just like you have liberty to worship your God, others have liberty to live the way they desire.

God is interested in spiritual freedom. Look at the church in China, or other countries that are oppressive against Christianity. The church continues to grow, God hasn’t come down and destroyed all the oppressive leaders to allow the Christians to enjoy a life of freedom. Despite their limitations the church grows in power of the spirit.
Old 11-16-2020, 10:36 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
God blessed your lineage to end up in the United States, instead of herding goats in Afghanistan.

I love Florida.

I love Dade, Broward counties.

I love the Keys.

I love Louisiana all parts.

I love Utah, but too much snow.
In Utah we may get 20-30”s of snow in winter. That’s not a lot. Well, then compared to Florida I guess that is a lot.

Louisiana I have not been to. I would like to visit for the duck hunting though.