Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 11-18-2020, 11:07 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: 2nd Wave Corona Lockdown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
Furnaces as we speak are back ordered, I cannot get what I need for my customers for the life of me. My supplier told me last night, “we’re in a bad spot right now”. The manufacturer shut down due to regulations of Covid-19, and they’re thousands of furnaces behind the demand. Talked to a plumber yesterday at a job, and he said he is now having to go to multiple supply stores in order to get what he needs.

I believe this wave is going to affect us more than the first. In the bigger city areas south of where I am. Law enforcement were ticketing people for not having a mask on while pumping gas into their vehicle.
You better get Chris Reed on the phone and tell him to ramp up his Spidey Senses, find you some equipment. Better yet, start asking everyone and their mother. Even out of state. But you have to find what you need. Because if they are STUPID enough to shut us down again, there are people who just won’t make it. Oh and the stimulus check? Well that’s a bit overdue and won’t be enough to buy an ice cream cone.
Old 11-18-2020, 01:56 PM
Registered Member

I worry more about my wonderful wife who has worked hard as an RN her entire adult life. Last 22 years in industry rather hospitals and home health. Her employer has been very rewarding. I would hate to see her lose a significant amount of retirement. She and others deserve better. Taking calls all hours of the day and night after putting in 10 plus hours a day. This year has been a real strain trying to coordinate the positives, the exposures and help keeping production moving. Sure would be a shame.
Old 11-18-2020, 02:52 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by returnman View Post
I worry more about my wonderful wife who has worked hard as an RN her entire adult life. Last 22 years in industry rather hospitals and home health. Her employer has been very rewarding. I would hate to see her lose a significant amount of retirement. She and others deserve better. Taking calls all hours of the day and night after putting in 10 plus hours a day. This year has been a real strain trying to coordinate the positives, the exposures and help keeping production moving. Sure would be a shame.
How are they going to lose a significant amount of retirement?
Old 11-21-2020, 08:14 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
Just saw an uplifting and heartwarming video from NY state.

Well, that's made no sense. Some of those guys need a good healthy shot of TEST TOST TERONE. Seriously, made the woman and the two deputies the most rational in the discussion, or whatever it was supposed to be.
Old 11-21-2020, 09:50 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Well, that's made no sense. Some of those guys need a good healthy shot of TEST TOST TERONE. Seriously, made the woman and the two deputies the most rational in the discussion, or whatever it was supposed to be.
I give them 7/10 for at least trying. It's usually a good thing when the peasants assert some basic rights.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 11-21-2020, 10:17 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
I give them 7/10 for at least trying. It's usually a good thing when the peasants assert some basic rights.
Granted, but a little less hysterical men armed with cell phones.
I still have to give points to the woman and the two deputies. No points given to the defenders of the Con-stee-too-shun.
Old 11-21-2020, 11:01 PM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

At some point, rational and reasoned discussion doesn't cut it. They asked them politely to leave, they told them to come back with a warrant, yet they wouldn't vacate the premises. The petty tyrants expect everyone to bow down and kowtow to their whims. I'm just glad to see some people aren't doing it anymore.

Yeah, it may not have been the most eloquent way to do it, but in some cases eloquence is a luxury, not a virtue.
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 11-21-2020, 11:38 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
At some point, rational and reasoned discussion doesn't cut it. They asked them politely to leave, they told them to come back with a warrant, yet they wouldn't vacate the premises. The petty tyrants expect everyone to bow down and kowtow to their whims. I'm just glad to see some people aren't doing it anymore.

Yeah, it may not have been the most eloquent way to do it, but in some cases eloquence is a luxury, not a virtue.
Hysterics just doesn't make the hysterical look good. Being firm, and balanced isn't kowtowing to anyone. Spouting the word constitutional doesn't do a thing. Especially when you are facing law enforcement, and they haven't a clue about the constitution, or what is or isn't constitutional. They aren't going to vacate the premises until they finish what they came for, or unless you speak to a superior "correctly" and explain what is going on. We have been here before. This isn't new, this has happened in history recent, and long past. Being upset with military, or militarized police force never really turns out well. I advocate being smart, and being smart is no sin. We can turn up the heat even if we are totally justified, but in the long run we are the ones face down on the concrete with our hands zipped tied. Which isn't a good look, at any speed. One guy should of been doing all the talking, preferably someone (a cool head) who knew what was going on. The rest of the dudes are to shut up. Because in any situation like that you don't need cheerleaders, or amateur constitutional law assistance. The situation has to cool down, in order to have the agents of government leave you alone, and then vacate the premises to hopefully not return.
Old 11-22-2020, 07:04 AM
Registered Member

I hope no one on AFF acts like that!