Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > The Tab
Facebook

Notices

The Tab Cutting edge news of what is happening in Apostolic Oneness Pentecost today!

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 04:34 PM
Registered Member

Re: XUPCer Starting GAY Church in Bakersfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRFrance View Post
Well said.
There is no connection between facial hair (or lack thereof) and homosexuality. What kind of craziness is that?

Poor, helpless, misguided people that are part of the UPCI?
They picked up homosexual demons in the UPC because the upc refused to cast those demons out?

Do you know even realize how you sound saying this stuff?

I think being a card-carrying "UPC basher" is clouding your judgment. If you're not in the UPC maybe you should spend your time focusing on what God wants you to do, rather than bashing God's people in the UPC. I am sure that UPC-bashing is not the ministry God has called you to.

I sense a lot of bitterness in your post . You need to check your own spirit before you go criticizing others.
Well for the purpose of this thread and this board I've become one(UPC basher) because I see people on this board standing in judgement over folks as if the UPC is the epitomy of having and operating in the fullness of ministry which it does not....how dare anyone consign folks to final no possibliltity of being restored status based on a particular sin(homosexuality)of which I'm not in agreement with either but their are other sins listed in Romans 1 alongside homosexuality and lesbianism that are just as evil and wicked in God's sight.
Old 09-30-2008, 04:41 PM
GET IT RIGHT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsolatedSaint View Post
The whole point of my post is that I'm tired of people writing of folks as reprobate and not worthy of being prayed for and don't really know the WHOLE STORY of what's really going on....and yes I've never been officially a member of UPC but I have attended there from time to time.

You made blanket statements about the UPC in general. My pastor believes in deliverance and casting out demons and hes UPC. In fact, he often preaches out and is used in the ministry of deliverance. And hes certainly not the only one. Not sure where you are getting your info but it definitely does NOT apply to all of the UPC, its ministers or its members.
Old 09-30-2008, 04:51 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weary Pilgrim View Post
That's pure garbage. To imply that being clean shaven leads to homosexuality is ludicrus! If that was the case, most of conservative
Pentecost would have turned Homo which of course is NOT the case.

Last,no one has ever taught that a boy can't play sports. It was "Organized sports" that was taught against. Sports also includes hunting which quite a few Apostolic men are in to.

And what is there that's not allowed to be question that leads to homosexuality? The lenghts that some of you will go to blame everything on the UPC & Apostolics is astonishing!
Well Mr. Weary Pilgrim, you just demonstrated in your response to my posts that thing called NOT BEING ALOUD TO QUESTION!!! The facts are is that most organized churches(not just UPC churches)activities have greater appeal to women then the average MAN. Men are created to fight and engage in warfare by nature, not just come to a church building, sit on a pew, sing alittle bit, hear a sermon(or in some cases a semonette), give an offering and go home.
Old 09-30-2008, 04:54 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRev View Post
You made blanket statements about the UPC in general. My pastor believes in deliverance and casting out demons and hes UPC. In fact, he often preaches out and is used in the ministry of deliverance. And hes certainly not the only one. Not sure where you are getting your info but it definitely does NOT apply to all of the UPC, its ministers or its members.
Well, that has not been my experience. If it's just your pastor doing it, that's fine but that's not what I'm talking about.....this is a ministry for the believers in general. But people can't operate in these sectarian, religious, judgmental spirits as evidenced by some of the posters on this thread and expect to have real results in deliverance ministry. The original subject of this thread was about an exUPCer that went and started a gay church....now I don't agree with that either, but I've heard nothing about the possibilty of restoration for these individuals, and that's what I care about. I've seen nothing(withn the exception of truthseeker)but a manifestation of religious demons from the posters on this thread consigning folks to a final judgement with no possibilty of restoration as if homosexuality is the only sin that qualifies one for reprobation. Some of the posts on here concerning these people have been exceedingly harsh and that's in essence what I'm coming against.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:10 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Well for the purpose of this thread and this board I've become one(UPC basher) because I see people on this board standing in judgement over folks as if the UPC is the epitomy of having and operating in the fullness of ministry which it does not....how dare anyone consign folks to final no possibliltity of being restored status based on a particular sin(homosexuality)of which I'm not in agreement with either but their are other sins listed in Romans 1 alongside homosexuality and lesbianism that are just as evil and wicked in God's sight.
Oh baloney. Name one UPCer here that did that, then show how that represents ALL the UPCI

Good grief

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:12 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
The whole point of my post is that I'm tired of people writing off folks as reprobate and not worthy of being prayed for and don't really know the WHOLE STORY of what's really going on....and yes I've never been officially a member of UPC but I have attended there from time to time. "But a Saint you Ain't"? How do you know? Because I attack a denomination called UPC I'm not saved now. This is evidence of the sectarian spirit prevalent in the UPC...the ain't nobdy else really saved but us attitude and that's what needs to be attacked.
You do know a LOT of the posters here are NOT UPCI?

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:29 PM
Matthew 7:6

Quote:
The original subject of this thread was about an exUPCer that went and started a gay church....now I don't agree with that either, but I've heard nothing about the possibilty of restoration for these individuals, and that's what I care about. I've seen nothing(withn the exception of truthseeker)but a manifestation of religious demons from the posters on this thread consigning folks to a final judgement with no possibilty of restoration as if homosexuality is the only sin that qualifies one for reprobation. Some of the posts on here concerning these people have been exceedingly harsh and that's in essence what I'm coming against.

A "manifestations of religious demons", huh?

I see you're a newbie here, and have only made a few posts, so hear me out on this.

We have admins who monitor all the threads here. That kind of language is considered highly insulting and offensive, and can quickly get you a stern warning or even banishment around here.

So cool your jets,buddy.

I'm T France, and I approved this message.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:38 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

I see you're a newbie here, and have only made a few posts, so hear me out on this.

We have admins who monitor all the threads here. That kind of language is considered highly insulting and offensive, and can quickly get you a stern warning or even banishment around here.

So cool your jets,buddy.
AMEN!!! I ditto your comment.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:31 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

IS could be refering to me.............

- Groucho Marx
Old 09-30-2008, 07:37 PM
Matthew 7:6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReformedDave View Post
IS could be referring to me.............
I don't know about that, but its clear that I.S. was referring to multiple posters, as evidenced by his/her words: "from the posters on this thread".

I'm T France, and I approved this message.
Closed Thread