Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
eclipse, end time prophecy

Old 03-16-2024, 11:49 AM
Registered Member

April 8 Solar Eclipse

For those who may be interested: The following is a link to some end time prophecy in relation to the April 8 eclipse. I have some thoughts and opinions about it but I will reserve them for now. I think it will make for interesting discussion and may be helpful for increasing understanding. I’d like to hear some other opinions.

Heads up. It is a sermon that is about an hour.

https://www.youtube.com/live/HrflmDg...DxaM3nVRQPIusH
Old 03-16-2024, 05:53 PM
New User

Re: April 8 Solar Eclipse

Should I roll my eyes before or after I watch the video?
Old 03-16-2024, 08:04 PM
Covenant Apostolic

When he started in about the ashes of the red heifer I was unable to continue
Old 03-16-2024, 10:26 PM
Registered Member

He got some really good points, though. Especially the insights about the reasons for escalation.
"The entirety of Your word is truth" (Ps 119:160)

Bible Study Notes
https://apostolicbiblestudynotes.wordpress.com
Old 03-17-2024, 04:45 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post

They should be more concerned with how the Lord overthrown nations at the height of their power when He brings judgement upon them...and usually around the time of their high sacred days.
Old 03-22-2024, 08:07 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
Old 03-22-2024, 08:08 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
Should I roll my eyes before or after I watch the video?
Old 03-24-2024, 09:26 PM
Registered Member

Okay. The gist of this message is that the preacher, who seems to be the pastor of the congregation, believes that Jesus will return by the fall of this year. It seems that there will probably not be an election in November because who cares who is president if the rapture has taken place and a significant number of people are not here. (He doesn’t say this but in reality, in the case of him being correct it would be the logical conclusion). He bases the timeline on the fact that there is a red heifer available for slaughter for the first time in modern history.

Of course he is not the first and probably won’t be the last to predict such events. He most likely is wrong and has possibly been wrong before, Im not sure about that but it does seem likely. He seems to believe he knows more than Jesus about the day and the hour. And time will tell if what he believes is proven to be true or not. He will probably not be held accountable for being wrong in the event that we are able to have our annual debate about whether or not Christmas is a pagan event or not. I personally am in the camp of “occupy-’til He comes” and I leave the prophecy to the prophets. Whether we are or are not going to be resurrected I want to be ready to go.

So all of the above is not really what bothers me the most about the message. What bothers me most is the amount of respect given to Jewish rabbis and that he quotes them more and seems to give more credibility to their opinions than he does the Bible. It seems to me to be a case of the blind (the congregation) being led by the blind(the preacher) being led by the blind (Jewish rabbis).

It seems to be a thing in Apostolic and or Pentecostal churches to look to the Jews for theological guidance. It perplexes me. If they are right about the messiah, we are horribly wrong it seems to me. They are looking for the messiah. We are looking for the return of the messiah. They are not Christians. We profess to be.

Hindsight is 20/20, allegedly. After two thousand years and counting of this hindsight, they still have not been able to connect the dots. Jesus said that the ONLY way to the Father was through Him, and He was talking directly to the Jews when He professed this. So I really can’t understand why we bow to the Jews when we consider our doctrine and overall theology. We should witness to them, not follow their doctrine.

1John 2
[22] Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

Are we following an Antichrist?

If I’m wrong, please help me out here. I’m not antisemitic. I just am frustrated with apostolic preachers who seem to believe that Jewish rabbis somehow have revelations that are not available to us. I’m not afraid of criticism. Am I the only one who sees this? Am I overreacting?

Please straighten me out on this. I can’t make sense out of it.
Old 03-25-2024, 06:39 AM
Registered Member

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20240115_134538_Photos.jpg (102.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1583286723909.jpg (9.7 KB, 3 views)
And someday master you. --Anon.

The most deadly sins do not leap upon us, they creep up on us.
Old 03-25-2024, 06:42 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
Okay. The gist of this message is that the preacher, who seems to be the pastor of the congregation, believes that Jesus will return by the fall of this year. It seems that there will probably not be an election in November because who cares who is president if the rapture has taken place and a significant number of people are not here. (He doesn’t say this but in reality, in the case of him being correct it would be the logical conclusion). He bases the timeline on the fact that there is a red heifer available for slaughter for the first time in modern history.

Of course he is not the first and probably won’t be the last to predict such events. He most likely is wrong and has possibly been wrong before, Im not sure about that but it does seem likely. He seems to believe he knows more than Jesus about the day and the hour. And time will tell if what he believes is proven to be true or not. He will probably not be held accountable for being wrong in the event that we are able to have our annual debate about whether or not Christmas is a pagan event or not. I personally am in the camp of “occupy-’til He comes” and I leave the prophecy to the prophets. Whether we are or are not going to be resurrected I want to be ready to go.

So all of the above is not really what bothers me the most about the message. What bothers me most is the amount of respect given to Jewish rabbis and that he quotes them more and seems to give more credibility to their opinions than he does the Bible. It seems to me to be a case of the blind (the congregation) being led by the blind(the preacher) being led by the blind (Jewish rabbis).

It seems to be a thing in Apostolic and or Pentecostal churches to look to the Jews for theological guidance. It perplexes me. If they are right about the messiah, we are horribly wrong it seems to me. They are looking for the messiah. We are looking for the return of the messiah. They are not Christians. We profess to be.

Hindsight is 20/20, allegedly. After two thousand years and counting of this hindsight, they still have not been able to connect the dots. Jesus said that the ONLY way to the Father was through Him, and He was talking directly to the Jews when He professed this. So I really can’t understand why we bow to the Jews when we consider our doctrine and overall theology. We should witness to them, not follow their doctrine.

1John 2
[22] Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

Are we following an Antichrist?

If I’m wrong, please help me out here. I’m not antisemitic. I just am frustrated with apostolic preachers who seem to believe that Jewish rabbis somehow have revelations that are not available to us. I’m not afraid of criticism. Am I the only one who sees this? Am I overreacting?

Please straighten me out on this. I can’t make sense out of it.

Where were we told to occupy until he comes?
And someday master you. --Anon.

The most deadly sins do not leap upon us, they creep up on us.