Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > The Tab
Facebook

Notices

The Tab Cutting edge news of what is happening in Apostolic Oneness Pentecost today!

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 02:52 PM
La vie est un voyage

Re: XUPCer Starting GAY Church in Bakersfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
Reprobates.
I agree 100%. I'd add one word before that "sick"
Old 09-30-2008, 02:57 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weary Pilgrim View Post
Thanks. indeed that was it.

Again, I find it puzzling that so much of this type of behavior has come out of a conservative environment.
Why?

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:58 PM
La vie est un voyage

Quote:
MORE TRASH TALK!

Admin., I am disappointed that you let this post stand!
I'm with you. I don't understand how many posts stand. One poster said that Sarah Palin could commit adultery with him anytime. When I called it sick he gave me a smart answer. I belong to an RV forum that isn't even Christian and his post would have been canceled immediately. What is happening to us? It makes me ill to think we have come this far in the wrong direction..
Old 09-30-2008, 03:09 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv1a View Post
Jewish scholar Dennis Prager was heard on Focus on the Family. He mentioned homosexuality was the norm in Bible cultures. It wasn't until the Book of the law where homosexuality was forbidden. According to Prager's research, sex with women was for procreation purposes and sex for pleasure was with same gender. It wasn't until the law was given by God the women were given respect as someone more than a baby factory.

I get a bit irritated the the psuedo Bible scholars who claim God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because of homosexuality. God destroyed the twin cities because they did not have compassion for the widows and the children.
I'd like to see the evidence. They had women for harlots before the law was ever given. It was for pleasure..

If it was the norm...in the bible...why don't we see this as a paradigm? Instead we see Adam with a wife...no mention of having sex with me for pleasure...as though a man can't find pleasure in a woman. That is absurd.

Abraham? Noah? What was his son's sin? Uncovering a man's nakedness? Before the law?

You say God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because they did not have compassion for widows and children? What verse is that?

The wickedness of that city was great and it included Homosexuality among other sins like adultery.

The WHOLE city was corrupt in this manner as evident by the Genesis passage with so many of the city coming out to abuse the angels. That is why God destroyed it as he told Abraham he could not find even 10 righteous there.

It wasn't just "not having compassion for widows and children"...they were wicked to the core. They thought nothing of having compassion for widows, children...even LOT was carried away with that corruption willing to give his daughter to be abused. The as a city thought nothing OF homosexually abusing others of the same sex.

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
Old 09-30-2008, 03:11 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
MORE TRASH TALK!

Admin., I am disappointed that you let this post stand!
How many times do we have to tell you people that we are not omniscient and don't see anything unless YOU use the post reporting tool.

If you have a problem with the Admin team, next time take it in PM with one of them.

I didn't even read this post until I saw someone else reply to your post here.

Old 09-30-2008, 03:12 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUNWORTHY View Post
I'm with you. I don't understand how many posts stand. One poster said that Sarah Palin could commit adultery with him anytime. When I called it sick he gave me a smart answer. I belong to an RV forum that isn't even Christian and his post would have been canceled immediately. What is happening to us? It makes me ill to think we have come this far in the wrong direction..
Because YOU guys do not REPORT them. You didn't report that post you just whined about it. Had you reported it we would have caught it sooner.

And for YOUR information I did take care of it, but once again people the Admin team are NOT always on when YOU are and two we are NOT omniscient so unless you guys use the post reporting tool like we keep asking over and over and over we do not necessarily read every post YOU do.

Old 09-30-2008, 03:21 PM
La vie est un voyage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
Because YOU guys do not REPORT them. You didn't report that post you just whined about it. Had you reported it we would have caught it sooner.

And for YOUR information I did take care of it, but once again people the Admin team are NOT always on when YOU are and two we are NOT omniscient so unless you guys use the post reporting tool like we keep asking over and over and over we do not necessarily read every post YOU do.
I'm sorry. I was wrong and I apologize for that. I didn't know how to report but should have asked. Thanks for letting me know.
Old 09-30-2008, 03:31 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUNWORTHY View Post
I'm sorry. I was wrong and I apologize for that. I didn't know how to report but should have asked. Thanks for letting me know.
lol. It's ok, but here we go.

In the screen where you see someone elses post in the same area you see the posters name in the left hand side. To the very right you see a red upside down triangle? That is the post reporting tool. Click it and you can say whatever and it gets sent to the Admin area where we all can see it

Old 09-30-2008, 03:39 PM
Mr. Stewart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
lol. It's ok, but here we go.

In the screen where you see someone elses post in the same area you see the posters name in the left hand side. To the very right you see a red upside down triangle? That is the post reporting tool. Click it and you can say whatever and it gets sent to the Admin area where we all can see it
I didn't know that Prax, thanks.

Either the United States will destroy ignorance, or ignorance will destroy the United States. – W.E.B. DuBois
My Countdown Counting down to: The Apocolypse
Old 09-30-2008, 04:27 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstew View Post
I had missed this post earlier. IsolatedSaint, I don't doubt that you are isolated. In fact anything else would be a surprise to me...but a Saint you ain't.
The whole point of my post is that I'm tired of people writing off folks as reprobate and not worthy of being prayed for and don't really know the WHOLE STORY of what's really going on....and yes I've never been officially a member of UPC but I have attended there from time to time. "But a Saint you Ain't"? How do you know? Because I attack a denomination called UPC I'm not saved now. This is evidence of the sectarian spirit prevalent in the UPC...the ain't nobdy else really saved but us attitude and that's what needs to be attacked.
Closed Thread