Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 04-01-2007, 05:52 PM
Registered Member

Proof Of Soul Sleep

How about this:

2: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3: And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. John 14:2-3

Jesus said before we will be with him where he is he will have to come again and receive us to himself. I take this to mean at his second coming.

Instant Heaven doctrine says as soon as you die you are with him where he is.

Who should we believe?
Old 04-01-2007, 06:06 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
How about this:

2: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3: And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. John 14:2-3

Jesus said before we will be with him where he is he will have to come again and receive us to himself. I take this to mean at his second coming.

Who should we believe?
AT Jesus' second coming are we supposed to meet him in heaven? I thought we were to meet him in the air and then sometime later the New Jerusalem comes down out of heaven and forever we will be with the Lord
Old 04-01-2007, 08:05 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
How about this:

Who should we believe?
The Father's house and mansions in this chapter has nothing to do with Heaven but rather Sonship.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:25 PM
Resident PeaceMaker

If human bodies decompose ,where do the souls of the departed sleep at ?
Are they just floating around somewhere awaiting judgement day ?
Old 04-01-2007, 10:51 PM
Genesis 11:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
AT Jesus' second coming are we supposed to meet him in heaven? I thought we were to meet him in the air and then sometime later the New Jerusalem comes down out of heaven and forever we will be with the Lord
This is how I understand the chronology:
rapture (meet Him in the air, to be forever with Him), 2nd coming (back to earth),beast and false prophet cast into lake of fire,satan bound 1000years (in bottomless pit), millenial reign(Jesus and saints rule over remnant on earth) satan released, final rebellion of satan(on earth),satan defeated and cast into lake of fire, white throne judgement,heaven and earth pass away, new heaven and new earth, new Jerusalem( out of new heaven onto new earth) where we are forever with the Lord.

As for the dead in Christ I'm not too clear on that, I think that their souls are in heaven and thier dead bodies are transformed and meet thier souls in the air at the rapture.

ARPH
Old 04-01-2007, 11:02 PM
Administrator

Quote:
How about this:

Who should we believe?
There are other biblical references to people being in heaven already and where did Jesus tell the thief hanging on the cross he would see him that day?

People can pick and choose isolated scripture to try and support just about any thesis. The reality is that whatever the answer is it has to reconcile with ALL scripture regarding the matter.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:48 PM
crakjak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Hutchinson View Post
If human bodies decompose ,where do the souls of the departed sleep at ?
Are they just floating around somewhere awaiting judgement day ?
They're dead.
For it is written, "As I live, says the Lord every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall give praise to God. (Romans 14:11- NASB)

www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org
Old 04-02-2007, 09:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
How about this:

Who should we believe?
Hi Michael,Where is our spirit and soul when we die and do they know whats going on where they are? Please give scripture.

When we die our body is dead in the grave but our spirit goes to paradise.Please read all this post and scripture.

NOTE paradise in the scripture.This person was in paradise with Jesus when they died.Luke23:[43] And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.
NOTE paradise,we go here when we die.Rev.2[7] He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God

Paul knew a man who was caught into paradise.2Cor.12[1] It is not expedient for me doubtless to glory. I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord.[2] I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knowethsuch an one caught up to the third heaven.[3] And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth[4] How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter

These people were dead but knew what was going on around them,a parable Jesus spoke.Luke16:[22] And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;[23] And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.[24] And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame

When Jesus died his Spirit went and preached to the spirits of the dead.1 Peter3:[18] For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:[19] By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;[20] Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

Paul said when we are not in the body we are in the presentance of the Lord.2 Cor.5:8: We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord

When Jesus returns,we who sleeps he will bring with him.1 Thes.4:14: For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring WITH HIM.(our spirit)
The way i got it figured is when we die the angels of the Lord takes our spirit and soul to the Lord paradise and our body stayes in the grave and at the resurrection our spirit comes with him and then receive a new body.At the return of our spirit and soul our old body will be changed and will rise and our spirit and soul will re-unite with our changed body.This is when we go to our fathers house.1 Cor.15:[50] Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.[51] Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,[52] In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.[53] For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.[54] So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

:When we die.Ecclesiates 12:7: Then shall the dust (our bodies)return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Eccl.3:16] And moreover I saw under the sun the place of judgment, that wickedness was there; and the place of righteousness, that iniquity was there.[17] I said in mine heart, God shall judge the righteous and the wicked: for there is a time there for every purpose and for every work.[18] I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts.[19] For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.[20] All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.[21] Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?[22] Wherefore I perceive that there is nothing better, than that a man should rejoice in his own works; for that is his portion: for who shall bring him to see what shall be after him?

Rev.6:9: And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:10: And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?11: And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled

Our dead body knows nothing but our spirit does.We receive life at death of the body but rewards at the resurrection.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arphaxad View Post
This is how I understand the chronology:
rapture (meet Him in the air, to be forever with Him), 2nd coming (back to earth),beast and false prophet cast into lake of fire,satan bound 1000years (in bottomless pit), millenial reign(Jesus and saints rule over remnant on earth) satan released, final rebellion of satan(on earth),satan defeated and cast into lake of fire, white throne judgement,heaven and earth pass away, new heaven and new earth, new Jerusalem( out of new heaven onto new earth) where we are forever with the Lord.

As for the dead in Christ I'm not too clear on that, I think that their souls are in heaven and thier dead bodies are transformed and meet thier souls in the air at the rapture.

ARPH
Hi Arp,There is no rapture or second comming.He is only comming one time.Please give scripture for rapture and Jesus is comming two times.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
There are other biblical references to people being in heaven already and where did Jesus tell the thief hanging on the cross he would see him that day?

People can pick and choose isolated scripture to try and support just about any thesis. The reality is that whatever the answer is it has to reconcile with ALL scripture regarding the matter.
Hi CCI,You got that right.