Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 05-22-2013, 08:08 AM
Registered Member

AP Not Only Media Watched by DOJ

FoxNews Reporter targeted by DOJ -- LINK

Also --- LINK

Quote:
Ronald C. Machen, Jr., the U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia, who is prosecuting the case, has seized records associated with two phone numbers at the White House, at least five numbers associated with Fox News, and one that has the same area code and exchange as Rosen’s personal-cell-phone number (the last four numbers are redacted).
Quote:
In all, Machen has seized records associated with over thirty different phone numbers.
Quote:
Yesterday, the Washington Post reported that, as part of the investigation of the Kim leak, Obama’s Department of Justice seized e-mails from Rosen’s personal Gmail account. In the search warrant for that request, the government described Rosen as “an aider, and abettor, and / or co-conspirator” in violating the Espionage Act, noting that the crime can be punished by ten years in prison. Rosen was not indicted in the case, but the suggestion in a government document that a reporter could be guilty of espionage for engaging in routine reporting is unprecedented and has alarmed many journalists and civil libertarians.
Even his PARENTS home phone records were seized!! LINK

Quote:
Department of Justice documents show that James Rosen's parent's home phone records were seized in an investigation into Rosen's reporting activity.
This is a massive overreach by the Obama DOJ and AG Eric Holder. I don't care that Holder says he recused himself from the case. DOJ rules state he is responsible to sign off and approve each and every warrant and document seizure against journalists.

This is madness.

Not only AP and FoxNews; even Sharyl Attkisson of CBS, who is the reporter that CBS told to be quiet and stop digging into Benghazi because she was finding out too much information....her work and personal computers "have been compromised and are under investigation."

LINK

Quote:
"I can confirm that an intrusion of my computers has been under some investigation on my end for some months but I'm not prepared to make an allegation against a specific entity today as I've been patient and methodical about this matter," Attkisson told POLITICO on Tuesday. "I need to check with my attorney and CBS to get their recommendations on info we make public."
Quote:
In an earlier interview with WPHT Philadelphia, Attkisson said that though she did not know the full details of the intrustion, "there could be some relationship between these things and what's happened to James [Rosen]," the Fox News reporter who became the subject of a Justice Dept. investigation after reporting on CIA intelligence about North Korea in 2009.
Quote:
Attkisson told WPHT that irregular activity on her computer was first identified in Feb. 2011, when she was reporting on the Fast and Furious gun-walking scandal and on the Obama administration's green energy spending, which she said "the administration was very sensitive about." Attkisson has also been a persistent investigator of the events surrounding last year's attack in Benghazi, and its aftermath.
The question is, if it IS linked to the DOJ or Obama admin official, will CBS allow her to go public with it? They put a muzzle on her reporting on Benghazi.

I watched last weeks House hearing with Eric Holder, and he wiggled and squirmed and weaseled his way around each question. "Uhm, uhm, uh, I don't know." "I don't know." "I can't comment."

People accused W of being stupid, but this administration is the most ignorant and incompetent administration in my lifetime. The level of ignorance from Obama, Holder, IRS officials, DOJ, Carney and others is astounding.

This may well be the first affirmative action President in history. Other men more qualified were passed over in favor of an unqualified, unprepared, inexperienced minority candidate.