Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-25-2009, 04:05 PM
Registered Member

Who's Shoes?

After our Christmas dinner, we sat around and read Luke Chapter 2 with the Kiddos.

Here was the thought provoking question that led to about 35 minutes of discussion.

If you could step into someone's shoes from Luke 2 for the events recorded there, who would it be? and Why?

Mary?
Joseph?
Shepherds?
The innkeeper?
Someone else?

My daughter picked an Angel, my hubby picked a shepherd, I picked Anna (imagine waiting all those years for a messiah and seeing him!!)... Cody is still thinking about it....

"You will be hated for my sake-Just remember that it should be for MY sake and not YOURS-
Do NOT act in such a way as to be offensive, and then blame it on me"

Love, God
Old 12-25-2009, 05:56 PM
Registered Member

Re: Who's Shoes?

What an interesting question!

I wouldn't want to be Mary for two reasons: 1) Having never given birth, it doesn't sound like fun to me and 2) We know how the story progresses. Giving my son up to the cross is not a pleasant thought.

Joseph: no, I don't think so. I can't imagine how it would feel to know that I was raising the Son of God. That's a scary thought.

Shepherds: I'm leaning towards them. What an awesome privilege they had - getting to see and worship the baby Jesus.

Angels: I kind of like that too, but I don't know. I just don't see myself as an angel.

I really think I could have been very happy just to have been a little mouse hanging out in the stable and watching the activities.
Old 12-25-2009, 06:27 PM
Forever Loved Admin

I will have to think about it.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 12-25-2009, 06:33 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

I am thinking pretty much everyone that knows me would insist I am an angel - so I'll concede.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 12-25-2009, 06:47 PM
Mama to four little angels.

Mary.

Because watching my children become who they were created to be is the most amazing thing in the entire world to me. And I have no idea who and what they'll end up being.

Verse 19 says "But Mary kept all these things and pondered them in her heart." That gives me chills every time I read it! She knew..and pondered...and watched her baby grow into a toddler, into a boy, into a man, and become everything He had been born to become.

God did it for us. Out of sheer generosity he put us in right standing with himself. A pure gift. He got us out of the mess we're in and restored us to where he always wanted us to be. And he did it by means of Jesus Christ. ~Romans 3:24 from The Message
Old 12-25-2009, 06:52 PM
Sister Alvear

Oh, my I think I would have been Anna too...Just to behold Him of whom the prophets spoke...wow...

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 12-25-2009, 07:08 PM
Resident PeaceMaker

Simeon because he saw what the Holy Spirit revealed to him. The Spirit revealed to him that He would see the Lord's Christ,before he would pass.
So I would choose Simeon because He could rest in peace.
Also Simeon was and just and devout and those are good traits.
Old 12-25-2009, 08:03 PM
Registered Member

well my thought process went like this- Mary had to be extremely uncomfortable, Joseph couldn't find a place for them (must have been incredibly nervous), the shepherds were scared out of their minds until they saw the angels, can't see myself as an angel; but Anna, she knew what was coming, she was expecting it, this was the culmination of her prayers-

Mary had only known for 9 months, Joseph for about 7 or 8 months, but Anna had been waiting for decades-

Just my never-to-be-humble opinion...

"You will be hated for my sake-Just remember that it should be for MY sake and not YOURS-

Love, God
Old 12-25-2009, 08:06 PM
Mama to four little angels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro31:28 View Post
well my thought process went like this- Mary had to be extremely uncomfortable, Joseph couldn't find a place for them (must have been incredibly nervous), the shepherds were scared out of their minds until they saw the angels, can't see myself as an angel; but Anna, she knew what was coming, she was expecting it, this was the culmination of her prayers-

Mary had only known for 9 months, Joseph for about 7 or 8 months, but Anna had been waiting for decades-

Just my never-to-be-humble opinion...
Valid. But I'm not a very patient person...waiting my entire life for something would drive me nearly insane. Waiting 9 months is bad enough!

God did it for us. Out of sheer generosity he put us in right standing with himself. A pure gift. He got us out of the mess we're in and restored us to where he always wanted us to be. And he did it by means of Jesus Christ. ~Romans 3:24 from The Message
Old 12-25-2009, 08:08 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nahkoe View Post
Valid. But I'm not a very patient person...waiting my entire life for something would drive me nearly insane. Waiting 9 months is bad enough!
In the spirit of Margie and Adventures in Odyssey, i was thinking more of an "Imagination Station" or Bible Room experience- not for months, but just for the day.

Love, God