Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Branhamism
Facebook

Notices

Branhamism Discussion of distinctive doctrines of William M. Branham.

View Poll Results: Is the serpent seed doctrine a "damnable heresy"?
Yes. It's a perverse false doctrine that should be strongly rejected. 61 78.21%
No. Its an doctrinal error, but it's pretty harmless. 10 12.82%
No. I believe the serpent seed doctrine is biblical truth. 4 5.13%
I'm not sure. 3 3.85%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
serpent seed

Old 05-08-2010, 07:31 PM
Registered Member

Re: Is The Serpent Seed Doctine A "Damnable Heresy

Not by miracles, nor signs and wonders, but by their fruit shall ye know them.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 05-08-2010, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
Yes beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Hello Bro. Steve:

I don't know if you remember me...it has been quite a number of years ago now; but I remember you well. I am Ray Montgomery's wife, Rita. Ray & I have re-hearsed many times over the years the things you said when you came to the church where Bro. Wilson Hembree pastored in Atlanta. We were amused at the funny things you said back then and yet we enjoyed hearing you preach. You were a little "radical" in some areas but you held our attention. We attributed some of that to your youth. However, you are no longer a youth. I must say that after having read the things that you have said on this forum regarding the message that once you claimed to believe, I can't even describe how disappointed Ray and I are in you. Why do you feel such a compelling need now to diss Brother Branham and the things that he preached?? What is your purpose in making false statements such as Bro. Branham preaching polygamy and the reason for the naming of "Branham Tabernacle"?! You could not pull that over on those of us who know better than those things; and for those who don't know, I have to wonder what is your motive for saying things that you surely must know better than.
We had heard a good while ago that you had joined the Oneness Denomination, but was completely shocked at your total disregard, irreverence and carelessness in your comments. You are even now calling Bro. Branham a false prophet!?! Do you have any idea of the seriousness of attributing things that God does to the devil? You have made remarks that some people who do not even claim salvation wouldn't make concerning the message. It is not just about Bro. Branham...he was God's vindicated prophet, but you are calling the Truth a lie. If there is anything that can be stirred in you, I trust it will happen soon. Hebrews 6:4-6. God help you...if possible.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:02 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRFrance View Post
The Serpent Seed doctrine has been much discussed around here the last few days.

Various NT writers warned about those who would introduce heretical doctrines into the church. Peter in particular warned (in 1 Pet 2:1) about men bringing "damnable heresies" in to God's people.

Which leads to this simple question: is the Serpent Seed doctrine one that should be considered a "damnable heresy"?
...or should it be considered just a mild and fairly harmless doctrinal error?

What say ye?

After spending some time in reading William Branham's sermon, "The Serpent's Seed," Sunday evening, September 28, 1958 at Branham Tabernacle, Jeffersonville, IN [1 hour & 50 minutes] - http://www.nathan.co.za/message.asp?sermonum=522 [sermon #58-0928E], I am convinced, and this beyond any doubts whatsoever, that it is one of the most "damnable heresies" I have ever read [or heard]!

While reading this "damnable heresy" by Branham I was reminded of these words written by John: [see 1 John 2:21]

"I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth."

No part of a "lie" shall ever have a place of acceptance or respectability among any of the "true" elements of the fundamental "principles of the doctrine of Christ," yet this is exactly that which Branham's false, misleading "Serpent's Seed Doctrine" seeks to accomplish. It MUST be refuted!

We also find it written in Matthew 18:7, that Jesus said, "Woe unto the world because of offences! For it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!" An "offence" is simply another word, or manner of saying "heresy." I would not want to appear before the coming "judgment seat of Christ" and be held accountable for having been the man through whom the "offence" of the "Serpent's Seed Doctrine" came.

That's my opinion of this blatant "doctrine of devils." I am deeply sorrowful for anyone who has been deceived into its acceptance as a sound, indisputable teaching of the Bible!

If my expressed beliefs have offended any, then [using the written words of the apostle Paul] I can only ask - "Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?" Galatians 4:16

Last edited by Lafon; 05-09-2010 at 07:09 AM. Reason: addition
Old 06-14-2010, 12:44 AM
Registered Member

Utterly just crazy
Old 01-22-2012, 11:19 PM
Registered Member

Sins are crimes committed against God's laws.

The commission of the crime has a connection with the evidence!

When Adan and Eve after the commission of the crime, God came to investigate the cause of the crime and interrogated Adam in which he hid evidence that still remained standing, as God interrogate Adam with this words.."Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree(committed the crime) that I commanded you not to eat from?"

Last edited by cyber_truth; 01-22-2012 at 11:29 PM.
Old 01-23-2012, 04:20 PM
Registered Member

Sins are crimes committed against God's laws.

The commission of the crime has a connection with the evidence!

When Adan and Eve after the commission of the crime, God came to investigate the cause of the crime and interrogated Adam in which he hid the evidence that still remained standing, as God interrogate Adam with this words.."Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree(committed the crime) that I commanded you not to eat from?"
Old 02-23-2012, 11:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafon View Post
Lafon, I tag you because I'm curious what you think "Thy seed" might be, then? Ty I'm still searching here.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:54 AM
Registered Member

Yes... Biblically speaking, it is heretical as are a number of other of WMB's personal revelations.

Bill Branham was an evangelist in the Post WW2 revival and then when interest declined he, like the other notables of that era and genre were left adrift so to speak. Each found new avenues to pursue in order to maintain their viability. I believe David Harrell had it pretty much encapsulated in his book of some years ago, "All Thing Are Possible." Still in print as far as I know.

One of the men who was instrumental in editing William Branham's book, "The Seven Church Ages," passed away a week or so ago at 97 years of age. Few of the "old guard" remain as far as I know.

William Branham, despite his eternal destiny was never a teacher and even as a "prophet" he failed the test. If by a "prophet" one means, "a preacher," then thousands of prophets are in the land. The point being, "what is their prophecy?" Acccording to the Written Word or contrary? William's alleged DIVINE INSPIRATION never saw the light of day according to his book. I wonder how a man can believe he was under the divine anointing, issue a date for an event and then have it fail and still be hailed as a true prophet? If we wish to rewrite the Scriptures we can make anything mean anything we like. But in the real world, it doesn't work out that way.

Even so, come soon Lord Jesus
Old 07-03-2012, 04:58 AM
Registered Member

The book you referenced sounds to be the book Gordon Lindsay wrote in the 1950's.

Just a guess.

Even so, come soon Lord Jesus
Old 10-19-2012, 04:01 PM
Registered Member

I believe the serpentseed is mentioned in :
1 Timothy 4:1-2

New International Version (NIV)

4 The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. 2 Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron.

When someone believes that Eve was with a beast, than she did not only adultery, but also bestiality. And Adam too. It 's perversely. Remember Adam is a type of Christ!!!
Eve listened to the serpent, that's what her sin was. What this fruit was we can only guess. Could be the serpent told her things, just the way like today on TV ,in music and movies children are before they ever get to marriage.