Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 08-29-2014, 07:23 AM
Pride of the Neighborhood

"No Strategy Yet": Obama Leading From Behind

Our President informed us yesterday in a press conference that he and his foreign policy team had no strategy for situations on Ukraine and Syria/Iraq although these have been building for many months. I guess this is what leading from behind looks like.

We have abdicated our role as a leader in the world.

We tried to warn you.

Elections have consequences.

President Mitt Romney sounds pretty good about now...

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:19 AM
Registered Member

Re: "No Strategy Yet": Obama Leading From Behind

I was just getting ready to post a thread about this.

Unbelievable, and yet with obama, completely believable.

I don't know which is worse: not having a strategy, or telling the world (including ISIS) he doesn't have a strategy!

This affirmative action President is going to be the death of America. His ignorance of everything foreign and domestic is leading the US - and the world - to the brink of another world war.

However...I can appreciate the complexity of this situation. Think back to last year when this admin was arming the Syrian rebels ... oh you know them -- ISIS. Obama came out demanding Bashir Assad must go and even threatened military action until the British Parliament soundly rejected PM Cameron's request for military authorization and a majority of members in Congress said they weren't going to vote for it.

And you should remember one Vladimir Putin who assisted Assad with weapons to fight against the JV Squad, whom at the time we were arming and had sent special forces to help train.

Can you imagine what would have happened if obama and McCain and the rest of the one's who wanted military action against Assad, and for Assad to be toppled...can you imagine what would have happened? ISIS would have control of Syria!

So now we have the unenviable task of teaming up with Assad (and by extension Putin) against ISIS in Syria; while at the same time going against Putin in Ukraine.

So of course, in between the golfing, campaigning, ramming through a climate change treaty and amnesty for a billion illegals, he doesn't have a strategy yet....priorities people!

A community organizer can only do so much!

Last edited by n david; 08-29-2014 at 09:36 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old 08-29-2014, 09:01 AM
Registered Member

His narcissistic personality won't allow him to admit things are not the way he thinks they are or should be. He keeps giving speeches but, nothing changes and nobody is listening to him.
Old 08-30-2014, 06:41 AM
Pride of the Neighborhood

Senator Barack Obama to NYT's Bob Herbert, 2008:

“The bargain that any president strikes with is, you give me this office and in turn my, fears, doubts, insecurities, foibles, need for sleep, family life, vacations, leisure is gone,” Obama said. “I am giving myself to you.”

Obama went on to say that “the American people should have no patience for what’s going on in your head because you’ve got a job to do” and that people should only run for president if they’re willing to make that sacrifice.

When asked by the host if he could imagine himself making that kind of commitment, he said, “Sure.”

Like all Obama promises, they have expiration dates.

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Old 08-30-2014, 05:49 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl View Post
His narcissistic personality won't allow him to admit things are not the way he thinks they are or should be. He keeps giving speeches but, nothing changes and nobody is listening to him.
He is arrogant. He reminds me of Al Gore. They both believe they are so superior that they know better than everyone else

I wonder how many people drank the Koolaid when Obama said this

“Gov. Romney, I’m glad you recognize al-Qaida is a threat, because a few months ago when you were asked what is the biggest geopolitical group facing America, you said Russia, not al-Qaida,” Obama said. “You said Russia. And the 1980s are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back. Because the Cold War has been over for 20 years. But Governor, when it comes to our foreign policy, you seem to want to import the foreign policies of the 1980s, just like the social policy of the 1950s, and the economic policies of the 1920s.”

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.