Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Branhamism
Facebook

Notices

Branhamism Discussion of distinctive doctrines of William M. Branham.

Old 05-29-2008, 12:08 AM
Dr. Vaughn

Re: Biblical guide for a "church service"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threads View Post
Dr. Vaughn = Wannabe Pentecostal Preacher.
Wow, the Love of God is flowing among the Pentecostals,,,,
Old 05-29-2008, 12:09 AM
You are called unto liberty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Vaughn View Post
get used to it, it's common here at AFF
Old 05-29-2008, 12:14 AM
Dr. Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielR View Post
get used to it, it's common here at AFF
If thats the case,, it is sad... to have such feelings among the family of God
Old 05-29-2008, 12:19 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encryptus View Post
Actually I got the point Stevie Ray, was just amused by the example, it would be a sad thing if church needed tongues and interpretation to be know that a visitor should made aware that God loves them.

I think you are missing the point, tongues are a sign for the unbeliever 1 Corinthians 14:22

22Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.

Quote:
If thats the case,, it is sad... to have such feelings among the family of God
Yes it's sad, but it's been the case all the way back to the first century, you can see Paul having to deal with it way back then. So, sadly we are in no better shape, and if anything possibly in worse shape now than the early church was.
Dr. Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
The majority of folks who come to Pentecostal services enjoy the worship. The last 3 services here a Baptist girl has come to the revival I asked her if she liked it. She said I love it. That has been the majority of comments I have heard visitors make about Pentecostal services.
Now go to Branham church, first thing is the halo picture then the cloud picture. The preacher(if they have one) is talking about the prophet said, sometimes songs are sang about the prophet. Books are shoved in their hands about the prophet. Who do you think the average visitor is going to think is crazy or a cult?
Bro. Eply,, the fact that sinners love your music should tell you that the music of Pentecost is geared to the flesh... it is entertainment.... all flesh loves great music.... rythym and beats.... and fleshly talent
Old 05-29-2008, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
The majority of folks who come to Pentecostal services enjoy the worship. The last 3 services here a Baptist girl has come to the revival I asked her if she liked it. She said I love it. That has been the majority of comments I have heard visitors make about Pentecostal services.
Now go to Branham church, first thing is the halo picture then the cloud picture. The preacher(if they have one) is talking about the prophet said, sometimes songs are sang about the prophet. Books are shoved in their hands about the prophet. Who do you think the average visitor is going to think is crazy or a cult?
Quote:
Bro. Eply,, the fact that sinners love your music should tell you that the music of Pentecost is geared to the flesh... it is entertainment.... all flesh loves great music.... rythym and beats.... and fleshly talent
Are you suggesting that the Baptist girl and visitors are sinners? Bro. Epley just said they were visitors, he said nothing about whether they was saved before walking through the door.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:25 AM
Grasshopper

Quote:
Grasshopper.. why put oranges with apples?

This was an evangelistic endeavor,, outside the confines of a church setting... this was done outside of the church.. there was no gathering for instruction... two total seperate settings

Grasshopper,, you are laughing waay to soon

We are talking about CHURCH ORDER.. this setting is OUTSIDE THE CHURCH
Bro...they didn't have "churches". The first church buildings in history weren't built until between 250 and 300 years later. The "church" in NT times wasn't considered a building or a place...the church was a body of people...wheresoever two or more gathered in his name...that was church. It doesn't matter if it was in Aquila's house, Nympha's house, Philemon's house, Paul's own rented quarters in Rome, under a tree, out in the field, by the riverside, hill side, or in the market place...wherever the church was gathered...that was "church".

To say that these twelve and Paul were not in "church" because they were not in a religious building or setting is to miss the most revolutionary aspect of New Testament Apostolic Christianity...it was essentially a "church without walls".

Bro Vaughn...it's impossible to argue that this was outside of the church...THEY WERE THE CHURCH.

Old 05-29-2008, 12:27 AM
Grasshopper

Quote:
I know bro. I'm not voting Republican and they've already slandered and harassed me so much I changed my screen name so nobody from my church gets nasty with me. The love of God is lacking. But hey...we can still talk about this with civility.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:30 AM
Dr. Vaughn

Brother... when the teaching of Gods word,, when Doctrine was being expoused.. when Annanias and Sapphira came before the Apsotles.. this was the setting of the church I am referring to... the setting you describe was by happenstance,,, unplanned, unscheduled... he came upon these 12 men and began to evangelise them..... this was NOT the local gathering of believers