Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
holy ghost, jesus, praise, shouting, worship

Old 07-06-2011, 09:00 AM
Banned

Re: Sit Down and Behave Yourself!

And why do we have standards that force people into the image of Pentecost... and we rarely hear anything about being conformed into the image of Jesus Christ Himself? Maybe it's because He wore a beard.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:02 AM
Renewed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcBee View Post
A typical guilt tactic. The above doesn't hold true for a portion of the population (including me) who NEVER get demonstratively excited over a stupid football, nor over the things I do like to do for "fun". They (we) are often made to feel like second class citizens in some churches--somes churches which have all but institutionalized clever, even if tacit pressure to "get with the program, ya dullard!"
lol, hardly a guilt tactic. Im not smart enough to put together a guilt tactic. But yes, why wouldn't it be something to get excited about ? Its funny you would cry about some making you feel like a second class citizen when in reverse many here are making others feel like they are ....... oh, dare I say it ?? "holy rollers "? ... rofl ... We have some in our church who dont get as involved in worship as others, we dont look down on them and they dont despise us.

The thing is, just thinking about all He has done for me and my family makes me want to jump for joy, sing out His praises, etc etc. Whats wrong with that ? There is more scripture supporting that type of worship than there is to support it being " out of order" .
You can't reach the world with your talents. People are sick and tired of religious talents. People need a Holy Ghost annointed church with real fruits to reach out and touch their lives. ~ Pastor Burrell Crabtree

In fact I think that the insinuation of "hateful" Pentecostals is coming mostly from the fertile imaginations of bitter, backslidden ex Apostolics who are constantly trying to find a way to justify their actions. ~ strait shooter

www.scottysweb.com
www.chrisscottonline.com
Old 07-06-2011, 09:02 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
Some thought they were drunk because they couldn't understand their speech. ( i must correct you cause your wrong) They didn't do the chicken dance to a repetitive drum beat while Peter screamed over and over again, "Oh c'mon now, You're not hearing me! This is that!!!" on the terrace of the upper room. lol

It should also be noted that a number of those present on the Day of Pentecost heard their native tongue. Something most of us have rarely seen in our services.

Let's not sell ourselves short.
what happened to those people who listened. this is what your bible says

acts ch 2
5 And there were dwelling in Jerusalem Jews, devout men, from every nation under heaven. 6 And when this sound occurred, the multitude came together, and were confused, because everyone heard them speak in his own language. 7

so again i believe it was a physical manifestation of praise that brought upon the verse

edit no doubt you have been victimized i can see it cause i have not seen that in service, i have seen encouragement and i have seen a push for uplifting, but what you describe doesnt happen every where.

infact 2 of my greater pastors are very informative in preaching, and the Spirit comes when the spirit moves and is not instigated or tried to be forced like your at boot camp.

Last edited by acerrak; 07-06-2011 at 09:05 AM.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerrak View Post
what happened to those people who listened. this is what your bible says

acts ch 2
5 And there were dwelling in Jerusalem Jews, devout men, from every nation under heaven. 6 And when this sound occurred, the multitude came together, and were confused, because everyone heard them speak in his own language. 7

so again i believe it was a physical manifestation of praise that brought upon the verse

edit no doubt you have been victimized i can see it cause i have not seen that in service, i have seen encouragement and i have seen a push for uplifting, but what you describe doesnt happen every where.

infact 2 of my greater pastors are very informative in preaching, and the Spirit comes when the spirit moves and is not instigated or tried to be forced like your at boot camp.
I love informative preaching. Our pastor is currently taking us through the entire book of John, verse by verse. We started in January and we're only part way through chapter 5. lol He estimates it will take us the better part of two years to cover the entire book. VERY DEEP. No bounce around your Bible topical preaching pulled from the back of a Thompson Chain. lol

In the past I'd get fed up with these "preachers" taking verses WAY out of context from all over the Bible and associating them based on a similar phrase in the English. Sometimes I'd get up, go to the bathroom, and then go for a walk until the service was done. I love meat. DIG IN. I know things about Nicodemus and Christ's conversation with him that is in the text...but so many preachers NEVER touched on it. Nor did they touch on the fact that the stories of Nicodemus and the woman at the well are actually one story in the biblical narrative, and what it means. It's awesome. lol
Old 07-06-2011, 09:18 AM
Banned

Anyone ever been standing still with eyes closed, and feeling such a deep presence of God you want to just weep and fade into God's very being... then suddenly someone walk up, start shaking your head, while screaming at you with a microphone until you start dancing just to get them to leave you alone?

Have you ever just stood there and hear statements about being dead, lifeless, and a "bump on a log" because you don't get down with the Pentecostal "bang clang"? lol

Sorry... I'd not trade what I have now for all that hooplah in a million years.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:19 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
And why do we have standards that force people into the image of Pentecost... and we rarely hear anything about being conformed into the image of Jesus Christ Himself? Maybe it's because He wore a beard.
man there is free will baptist churches out there that are not pentacostal by definition but yet still have moves of the Spirit. while i understand you have had a bad hand with the upci, i have not had this bad experience with what you have described.

i just have issues of legalism and some issues of there interpretations of scripture. but not on the Move of the spirit.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
man there is free will baptist churches out there that are not pentacostal by definition but yet still have moves of the Spirit. while i understand you have had a bad hand with the upci, i have not had this bad experience with what you have described.

i just have issues of legalism and some issues of there interpretations of scripture. but not on the Move of the spirit.
Error begets error. And legalism is a sign of having totally missed the entire point of Christ... and the grace of God. (Galatians 5:4)

Some churches look alive in the natural... but they are spiritually DEAD where they dance.

Others don't have the "bang clang", jiggy dancing, and concert.... they are simply gathered around a table in a humble home to open the Word. And these are ALIVE.

P.S.
I don't roll with the Free Will Baptists, I prefer the Southern Baptists (and yes, those I roll with believe in the gifts).

Last edited by Aquila; 07-06-2011 at 09:26 AM.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:22 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcBee View Post
Ah, but is it important to know the difference? If so, then what *IS* the difference? Are worshippers supposed to know (or even care) whether case A (sincere human effort) or case B (supernatural moving) is occuring?
I think the Lord will let His people and/or church leadership know if someone is doing something with the wrong intent.

Have you noticed that sincere human effort often ushers in the supernatural moving of the Holy Spirit?
Old 07-06-2011, 09:24 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Anyone ever been standing still with eyes closed, and feeling such a deep presence of God you want to just weep and fade into God's very being... then suddenly someone walk up, start shaking your head, while screaming at you with a microphone until you start dancing just to get them to leave you alone?

Have you ever just stood there and hear statements about being dead, lifeless, and a "bump on a log" because you don't get down with the Pentecostal "bang clang"? lol

Sorry... I'd not trade what I have now for all that hooplah in a million years.
nope, you just got spiritually abused brother, also

please send me a pm on this story of nicodemus and the woman and the well is the same story? are you saying Jesus ment the same or are you saying it was the same story told 2 different way. i dont want to discuss this in this thread.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:28 AM
Banned

Quote:

Where was the drums and the electric bass guitar on the day of Pentecost?

A move of the Spirit, a real move, changes souls. It doesn't produce a gospel concert, nor does it need one to take place.