Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 10-13-2019, 09:46 AM
Registered Member

Re: Most complex explanation of the Godhead ever!

The best I can tell you is he made all things for himself. He has a purpose for everything. So since the context of Heb. 1:1-3 doesnt tell us WHY he made the ages or worlds I cant tell you except what I am telling you now.

If it pleases you go ahead and tell me why he made the ages. You will be teaching me.

Our was it a way to distract from the actual topic? That verse 2 says PLAINLY that God made the ages/worlds BY HIS SON.

If Paul wrote this whats the big problem with just accepting it?

Last edited by Michael The Disciple; 10-13-2019 at 09:49 AM.
Old 10-13-2019, 03:59 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
The best I can tell you is he made all things for himself.
Best you can tell that God created a body, called it Word, got into it, and said let there be light? That is my take away from your posts here, and in other threads. There is actually no "Himself," but Themselves.

Quote:
He has a purpose for everything. So since the context of Heb. 1:1-3 doesnt tell us WHY he made the ages or worlds I cant tell you except what I am telling you now.
Mike, this is crazy, do you believe that the Bible is supposed to be some blown up Amplified Version? You have the entire Bible, from stem to stern which explains what an age is, and why it was important for Paul to tell you that Jesus is the only author of the ages. From Genesis to the final chapter of Revelation.

Quote:

If it pleases you go ahead and tell me why he made the ages. You will be teaching me.
Teaching you?!?

Quote:
Our was it a way to distract from the actual topic? That verse 2 says PLAINLY that God made the ages/worlds BY HIS SON.
Your position has all this happening in the beginning, correct? You have God creating a body, and then gets in this body and says let there be light. But ages aren't created at once, they are time frames. No distraction, just get with the program. You were a street preacher? What did you do? Get on the street corner and yell like a nut job? That isn't street preaching hoss, that is ecclesiastical psychosis.

Quote:
If Paul wrote this whats the big problem with just accepting it?
I'm not having a problem with Paul and his writings. The problem is with Mike, and his conclusions.
Old 10-14-2019, 01:21 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Your position has all this happening in the beginning, correct? You have God creating a body, and then gets in this body and says let there be light. But ages aren't created at once, they are time frames.
Why not start a thread explaining this. I have never heard it taught at any time. I will be waiting.
Old 10-14-2019, 04:44 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Why not start a thread explaining this. I have never heard it taught at any time. I will be waiting.
You say that often. It seems like if you haven't heard it preached it ain't so, and if you heard it once it is so.

A thread concerning what is an αἰών?

Don't need a thread, here "Αἰών is a Greek god associated with time, the orb or circle encompassing the universe, and the zodiac. The "time" represented by Αἰών is unbounded, in contrast to Chronos as empirical time divided into past, present, and future."https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Aion_(deity)

This is why in the 29 versions of the ENGLISH Bible you handed me in some passages Hebrews 1:2 had universe instead of ages, or worlds. If you pick up your Strong's Concordance and dictionary and look up 165 aiṓn (see also the cognate adjective, 166 /aiṓnios, "age-long") – properly, an age (era, "time-span"), characterized by a specific quality (type of existence). In Hebrews 1:2 Paul doesn't tell us about an age which was created but ages plural which are being created. In Ephesians 2:6-7 The apostle tells the elders of Ephesus God raised us up with Christ and seated us with Him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in the coming ages He might display the surpassing riches of His grace, demonstrated by His kindness to us in Christ Jesus. Paul is speaking of the Body of Christ in His Kingdom, which is ages without ending. Paul speaks concerning this again Ephesians 3:21 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen!