Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
3-step, doctrine, heritage

Old 02-26-2008, 10:16 AM
Registered Member

Re: Do YOU really believe what you were taught?

i believe strongly that the bible teaches us modesty and proper dress, but that does not include for instance telling me that i have to wear sleeves to my elbow, lol,dt
Old 02-26-2008, 10:17 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esther View Post
WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You want to make the Bible wrong for not believing as YOU believe?

That is a very unwise statement and direction.
And people wonder why I just lurk now?
Old 02-26-2008, 10:17 AM
Don't ask.

Re: Apology

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneAccord View Post
I feel I owe an apology to Bro. Timmy (and to Lassie) and to the rest of the Forum.

I asked the brother for a clarification to something he posted last night. I posted two questions on this thread awhile ago that were inappropriate to ask on an open forum. I thought of this, and went back and deleted the questions. But, the brother answered them before I could delete them. I sent a PM to apologize and I do so now. I apologize for sticking my nose where it didn't belong, and for messing up a really good thread. Again, I apologize for my thoughtless action.

Think. THEN post. Someday I'll get it right.
There's nothing to apologize about, at all, OA. It's a forum! I made a statement, and I don't mind clarifying, at all. And I don't mind the pouncing to follow. Why should it bother me?
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 02-26-2008, 10:18 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
And people wonder why I just lurk now?
No need to lurk, just jump right in and cleanse the matter.
Painful moments, TRUST GOD.
Every moment, THANK GOD.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:20 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DividedThigh View Post
i believe strongly that the bible teaches us modesty and proper dress, but that does not include for instance telling me that i have to wear sleeves to my elbow, lol,dt
Well for some of us it does.

I can not see how anyone could believe that it is modest to wear sleeves above their elbow.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:22 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whole Hearted View Post

I can not see how anyone could believe that it is modest to wear sleeves above their elbow.
Tradition!

You have been taught something as being wrong and you see it from that persective.

Some don't believe you can wear a sleeve about the wrist and be modest.

Again, Tradition in beliefs, I believe is the root behind it.
Painful moments, TRUST GOD.
Every moment, THANK GOD.
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whole Hearted View Post

i apologize bro my mind was on something else, lol, i am working here, i meant to my wrists, i bleive in the elbow theory too, shorter than that is just gross, lol
A Prince of the Gospel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoni View Post
Through the years I have asked questions and sought out answers through those more knowlegeable than I, through education, and through my own personal studies. Doctrinally, I believe what I was taught in every area of Biblically sound doctrine.

The only thing that I have changed my mind on is the manmade application of "outward dress".

Things have been added to my belief system through the understanding of grace, mercy, and sanctificaiton but it all fits perfectly together in my mind.

What do you, or don't you believe from what you were taught growing up in the church? I am curious as to how many feel alike or differently from myself.

Thank-you for responding.

Blessings, Rhoni
Rhoni...my Apostolic Dad was first pastor and he did not waiver from this wonderful Truth preached and taught by the Apostles...

...in regard to holiness issues, I still believe and follow those that have clear biblical foundation...

...I'm blessed to be an Apostolic believer... I think I'll shout a little...
Old 02-26-2008, 10:27 AM
I need a Triple Espresso, NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoni View Post
Through the years I have asked questions and sought out answers through those more knowlegeable than I, through education, and through my own personal studies. Doctrinally, I believe what I was taught in every area of Biblically sound doctrine.

The only thing that I have changed my mind on is the manmade application of "outward dress".

Things have been added to my belief system through the understanding of grace, mercy, and sanctificaiton but it all fits perfectly together in my mind.

What do you, or don't you believe from what you were taught growing up in the church? I am curious as to how many feel alike or differently from myself.

Thank-you for responding.

Blessings, Rhoni
I was taught the Lord is One! I have always believed that there is one God and Jesus is His Name. Baptism in Jesus Name is a must.

My mother always taught me to treat everyone the same and not to be a respector of persons, whether rich or poor, fat or skinny, pretty or ugly, black, white, or yellow...they get treated the same....my mother was the best Christian I knew!

I was taught that women dress like women and men dress like men. I still believe that with all my heart and soul today! As a teen I had a choice to dress how I wanted. My father told me I did not have to wear dresses all the time because he did not want me to be "out of place" in school. I remember I thought about it that day for only a moment. It was more important to me to please God than to "fit in". I still believe it that way today! No regrets! I love the beauty of holiness and would not change it for anything!

I was taught that tv will send you to hell and so will movies.... I do not believe that today. I do not believe it is wrong to enjoy clean wholesome movies. There are men that chose to not be "friends" anymore because we have a collection of Odyssey and Veggietales...... But yet listening to Clive Cussler or Louis L'amour on audio tape is just fine. Wrong, it's the content that determines whether right or wrong. I do not have a tv in my home and I do not ever plan on it.... But I can't honestly believe it is a heaven or hell issue.

I had always believed that there was no hope for the homosexual. When I became an adult and really began to understand grace and mercy, I realized that if the homosexual has no hope, then neither does the adulterer or lier, nor the one that sows discord among the brethern!

I do believe that if you do not believe that God is One and you do believe that there are 3 persons in Godhead, you will not make it!

I also believe chocolate is a must to get through life! And that is a heaven or hell issue!!! LOL

I never met a chocolate I didn't like!

*sigh* I did nothing yesterday.... I wasn't finished so I did nothing again today!
Old 02-26-2008, 10:28 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esther View Post
Tradition!

You have been taught something as being wrong and you see it from that persective.

Some don't believe you can wear a sleeve about the wrist and be modest.

Again, Tradition in beliefs, I believe is the root behind it.

Well I don't believe that it is tradition, and i am not trying to change anyone mind. I just can't understand how folk can believe as they do.