Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The D.A.'s Office
Facebook

Notices

The D.A.'s Office The views expressed in this forum are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of AFF or the Admin of AFF.

Old 01-18-2010, 05:59 PM
Rebel with a cause.

Re: DKB Shares His Vision: Apostolic Identity,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocrypha View Post
I wasn't attacking a poster. I get a kick outta DA and how he goes after issues. Calling the uncut/power with angels doctrine Holy Magic Hair was a great meme. It made a silly and trivial doctrine look silly and trivial. He should do the same with the apostolic identity stuff and give a good counter-programming idea virus.

I mean seriously.. our identity is in Christ... not in a denomination or a movement thats only 100 and change years old.
Gotcha. I guess I read your last statement as an accusation of DA making people flee in terror, when in reality, he has some good points, and we should not be afraid to discuss them.

Thanks for the clarification!
"Many people view their relationship with God like a "color by number" picture. It's easier to let someone else define the boundaries, tell them which blanks to fill in, and what color to use than it is for them to take a blank canvas and seek inspiration from the Source in order to paint their own masterpiece"
Old 01-18-2010, 06:08 PM
Scripture > Tradition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Phelps View Post
Gotcha. I guess I read your last statement as an accusation of DA making people flee in terror, when in reality, he has some good points, and we should not be afraid to discuss them.

Thanks for the clarification!
Ya, i'm a fan of Dan

Name-calling is the last resort of an exhausted mind.

When people have the facts, they argue the facts.

When they don't have the facts, they call names.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:15 PM
Freedom@apostolicidentity .com

Quote:
You should come up with a linguistic/visual meme based on the Bourne Identity or something to really make it stick like you did with branding the HMH issue like the way you did to make everyone who actually believed it to flee in terror to be associated with in either as a term or doctrine.
You mean something like this Apocrypha ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr79ngkWFwo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhiiKLtF1oI
Old 01-18-2010, 06:18 PM
Accepts all friends requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
This is where most cloths-line preachers will come back with "Well, we don't find any Bible for NOT shooting up with heroin do we?".
It's those kinds of arguments that make me want to wear a dark polyester suit on a 100 degree day.

It's like that Army general said after dealing with bureaucratic foul ups in the wake of Katerina, "You can't fix stupid."

"Because the Bible fails to even mention heroin I must implement and enforce the Roman Catholic practice of forcing grown men to shave their faces so that they look like little boys."

That's good logic, right there.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:21 PM
Registered Member

So I guess your attacks on Apostolics is with "LOVE" ? I believe the BIBLE refers to scouffers and mockers. You are fulfilling these scriptures. Your profession of "LOVE" is an awkward one.

What you mean is, "LOVE" to mock and scouff. Can you show me a scripture for this?
Old 01-18-2010, 06:21 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother David View Post
It's those kinds of arguments that make me want to wear a dark polyester suit on a 100 degree day.

It's like that Army general said after dealing with bureaucratic foul ups in the wake of Katerina, "You can't fix stupid."

"Because the Bible fails to even mention heroin I must implement and enforce the Roman Catholic practice of forcing grown men to shave their faces so that they look like little boys."

That's good logic, right there.
I keep saying, that the logic used is pure Monty Pythonesque.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:23 PM
Rebel with a cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuteronomyCh8 View Post
So I guess your attacks on Apostolics is with "LOVE" ? I believe the BIBLE refers to scouffers and mockers. You are fulfilling these scriptures. Your profession of "LOVE" is an awkward one.

What you mean is, "LOVE" to mock and scouff. Can you show me a scripture for this?
Which attacks are you referring to?
"Many people view their relationship with God like a "color by number" picture. It's easier to let someone else define the boundaries, tell them which blanks to fill in, and what color to use than it is for them to take a blank canvas and seek inspiration from the Source in order to paint their own masterpiece"
Old 01-18-2010, 06:25 PM
Freedom@apostolicidentity .com

Quote:
He should do the same with the apostolic identity stuff and give a good counter-programming idea virus.

I mean seriously.. our identity is in Christ... not in a denomination or a movement thats only 100 and change years old.

Truth be told ... the org's AI propaganda is on the radar ... and has been for some time ...

I think it will be the discussion for the foreseeable future as it central to DKB's branding campaign.

It's plastered on his Twitter account ... http://twitter.com/DavidKBernard

Let the discussion happen ... IMO.

Last edited by DAII; 01-18-2010 at 06:28 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:25 PM
Scripture > Tradition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuteronomyCh8 View Post

You want to keep it strictly scripture or can we open it up to the ante-nicene church fathers?

If just scripture.. Galatians 2:11

New International Version (©1984)
When Peter came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he was clearly in the wrong.
New Living Translation (©2007)
But when Peter came to Antioch, I had to oppose him to his face, for what he did was very wrong.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
But when Cephas came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he stood condemned.

International Standard Version (©2008)
But when Cephas came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he was clearly wrong.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
When Cephas came to Antioch, I had to openly oppose him because he was completely wrong.

King James Bible
But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.

Name-calling is the last resort of an exhausted mind.

When people have the facts, they argue the facts.

When they don't have the facts, they call names.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:30 PM
Accepts all friends requests

Quote:
You should come up with a linguistic/visual meme based on the Bourne Identity or something to really make it stick like you did with branding the HMH issue like the way you did to make everyone who actually believed it to flee in terror to be associated with in either as a term or doctrine.
"Apostolic Identity... it was good enough for the Apostles of the mid to later half of the Twentieth Century - it's good enough for you!

Except that we now ask the ladies to shave their legs."