Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-13-2013, 05:05 PM
Go Dodgers!

Re: All trinatarians are lost!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abiding Now View Post
My Jesus had the Father in him, Trinitarians say their Jesus had the Second Person in him.
Uh...no.

Trinitarians say the Father was in Jesus and Jesus was in the Father. You make it seem Trinitarians believe Jesus and the second person of the Trinity are two different persons...weird

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:05 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
So, if a Trinitarian has been baptized/sealed by the Holy Ghost, why would God give his Spirit to someone who has not repented?

Paul said we are to have "repentance towards God, faith towards Jesus Christ." (Acts 20:21)

Your statement really does not make sense theologically.

What exactly is it you say they must repent of?
They must repent of their sin. I also know people that come to church that live in fornaction and God fills them with the Holy Ghost and they never forsake their sin. Are they sealed and saved? Of course not. I don't understand it totally either but one thing I know is that God hates the sin and the trinatarian doctrine
Old 12-13-2013, 05:09 PM
Temporary Occupant of Earth

Quote:
It's not a "different Jesus" they worship. They simply have an explanation of the same Jesus we worship that is very inadequate.

I received the Holy Ghost in a Trinitarian church. Please answer, how could a "different Jesus" have to power to give anyone the Holy Ghost?
Act 5:32 And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

God gives the Holy Ghost to those that obey him and the Holy Ghost is to lead a person "into all truth".

Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Do Not Argue With Idiots, they will just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:13 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Act 5:32 And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

God gives the Holy Ghost to those that obey him and the Holy Ghost is to lead a person "into all truth".

Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:14 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometown guy View Post
They must repent of their sin. I also know people that come to church that live in fornaction and God fills them with the Holy Ghost and they never forsake their sin. Are they sealed and saved? Of course not. I don't understand it totally either but one thing I know is that God hates the sin and the trinatarian doctrine
You are comparing apples and oranges. I'm referring to people who DO forsake their sins and start yielding to the Spirit who has come to make his abode in them.

When God fills someone with the Holy Ghost, he is claiming them as his own. He is declaring that they have repented. If someone babbles in tongues and goes right back into fornication, they did not receive the Spirit IMO. They just babbled noise.

As for God "hating the Trinity doctrine". I really don't think God even bothers to "hate" it. I think God is a big boy and can handle someone offering an inadequate explanation of his distinctions. Furthermore, which version of the doctrine of the Trinity are you referring to? Many Trinitarians' version of the "trinity" is identical to the Oneness doctrine.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:18 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

So, are you walking in all truth? Is there nothing else God can show you?

John 16:13 is simply saying that what the Spirit guides you into will be truth and not error. It's not saying that somehow in this life there will come a point in time that we will have received all the truth there is to receive.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
Uh...no.

Trinitarians say the Father was in Jesus and Jesus was in the Father. You make it seem Trinitarians believe Jesus and the second person of the Trinity are two different persons...weird
The ones that I have spoken with told me that the Spirit within the man Jesus was the second person of the trinity.

Do Not Argue With Idiots, they will just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:20 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
The ones that I have spoken with told me that the Spirit within the man Jesus was the second person of the trinity.
Some may have morphed into Nestorianism without realizing it.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:20 PM

Quote:
So, are you walking in all truth? Is there nothing else God can show you?

John 16:13 is simply saying that what the Spirit guides you into will be truth and not error. It's not saying that somehow in this life there will come a point in time that we will have received all the truth there is to receive.
Hopefully headed in the right direction. You?

Old 12-13-2013, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Some may have morphed into Nestorianism without realizing it.
Just wondering, when you were in the AoG, you believed the same thing you believe now about Jesus?